Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2016, 04:18 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,150,871 times

Advertisements

I am old. But I do like a a nicely turned out guy, young or old. I think if the guy keeps his feet nice, the flip flops are fine, just as they are for females. If he isn't well groomed in general, then flip flops are probably not a good choice. The thing I really don't like is sock + slides. There has been a fad for guys to wear socks with those pool slide shoes. Ugh. But I also recognize that the look was a specific athleisure look that athletes liked.

The thing is, it is none of my business what any guys wear. If I don't like the way someone is dressed, I have the option of looking away. There are many other, serious things to become outraged over in this world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2016, 08:52 PM

234 posts, read 327,840 times
Those skinny pants look "gay". Otherwise it's fine.

Old 01-04-2016, 06:05 AM

4,475 posts, read 6,684,039 times
Seems to me that if a guy has a style that looks "gay" and he's hitting on females all thoughts of his homosexuality can be dismissed. Confidence in a unique style does not mean gay.

And squats don't always mean anything. A lot of people could spend every waking moment at the gym doing squats and their legs will never stop looking like toothpicks.

Old 02-16-2016, 05:26 PM

7 posts, read 11,617 times
border-radius: 7px;border-radius:7px;width: 400px;">[CENTER]Personalize funny videos at Bombay TV by Graphéine - Agence de communication[/CENTER]
</div>

Old 02-16-2016, 06:11 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,900,011 times
It's not the flip-flops, it's the skinny jeans!

I've seen more masculine men in thong speedos.

Old 02-19-2016, 03:56 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
I'm not crazy about the look and never have been. I'm just not a flip-flops kind of person, especially on guys (sorry). Sandals on women, sure...I live in sandals. Cute classy ones, not crap I-got-these-hanging-from-a-wall-at-Rite-Aid ones. But on guys...I don't know why but it really turns me off.

Part of it may be that feet in general are not incredibly lovely, LOL (just my opinion)...guy feet with big knuckles and hairy toes and so on? Just...no.

But that's MY take and who the hell am I? They're your feet, it's your debit card, wear what you want, nobody has the right to be your fashion police.

ETA: OMG. Those U.S.A. shorts...Look, are you really looking for women's opinions as you stated in the thread title? Do you want to realistically know if women will be attracted, in a romantic/sexual way? Then I say this with no judgment as to the actual style (which is up to you): no. I can't see any woman I've ever known being sexually attracted to these wardrobe choices, particularly the last one. And my own POV answer as a woman and whether I'd personally be attracted: absolutely not.

Last edited by JerZ; 02-19-2016 at 04:10 PM..

Old 02-19-2016, 03:58 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times
What are we supposed to be looking at? I don't seem to be getting the same sites as everyone else when I click the links. One's a museum home page. Another is something about selecting a video.

Old 02-19-2016, 11:25 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,376,172 times
Since you asked...

- Do not usually like skinny jeans on guys, except some musicians, skaters, urban hipsters can pull it off

- Do not like mall store logo t-shirts (e.g. Hollister)

- Do not like overly thought out shirt-tucks

- I do like flip-flops on guys with nice feet, even with pants (but not with those skinny jeans)

Old 02-19-2016, 11:29 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,523,736 times
Looks bloody awful mate! LOL

Old 02-20-2016, 06:34 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,820,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjensko View Post
we are talking about summer time when is warm, i dont wear sneakers at summer
I don't see a problem with wearing shoes in the summer, but honestly, to me, it doesn't look right- at least with the sandals. You've got a decent body going on, and as men tend to have large feet, with those skinny azz pants, you look like a character from One Piece. Theres that muscular torso, broad shoulders, and blah, then you hit the skinny pants...okay...[never been a fan, but]managable...and bam! giant feet. Those shoes you claim to hate so much, especially something i the style of Converse All Stars, make your foot not stand out as much. With sandals all people see is feet, and with those long skinny pants, don't seem to add up. If you had either some baggier pants to hide some of your foot, or some bermuda shorts, or pedal pushers- wich would break of such a definitive line, it'd look better.

If you've never seen One Piece, then think Disney Character- such as the original cast(Goofy, Mickey, etc.), all your missing is gloves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty