Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 04:35 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,698,052 times

Advertisements

Too many to list !!!!

For women ...

All of the Channel Line
All of the Jean Paul Gaultier Line
Incanto
Deauville France
Angel
Cool Water
Cheap and Chic by Moschino
Moschino Femme
Tommy Girl

And the list could go on and on forever. If your days sucks ... at least it can smell good !

For men ...

Cool Water
Darkkar Noir

A bunch of other ones too, but frangrances smell slightly different on different people due to body chemistry. I like Dior men's fragrances on some men, but I can not stand them when they are freshly sprayed.

Last edited by klmrocks; 01-18-2016 at 05:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2016, 04:36 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,489,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Too many to list !!!!

For woemn ...

All of the Channel Line
Incanto
Deauville France
Angel
Cool Water
Cheap and Chic by Moschino
Moschino Femme
Tommy Girl

And the list could go on and on forever. If your days sucks ... at least it can smell good !

For men ...

Cool Water
Darkkar Noir

Important that things smell slightly different on different people due to body chemistry.
.......... I forgot cool water!

Great list though

Old 01-18-2016, 07:13 PM

19,965 posts, read 30,111,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
I'm a perfume snob and collector. I exclusively wear niche and indie fragrances. I don't have a single favorite, not even of my bespoke collection, because it varies by mood, occasion and style.

Current hits:

Andree Putman's Magnolys
Ex Nihilo's Vetiver Moloko
Comme des Garcons Serpentine
Aeon 001
Olfactive Studio's Panorama
Comme des Garcons Black
L'Artisan Parfumeur's Batucada
Bruno Fazzolari's Room 237 and Lampblack
Omnia Profumo's Cristallo di Rocca

Currently wearing Wode by Boudicca.

Another big favorite is Carnival Wax's line of perfume oils. Their Black Amber No. 2 was my go-to a couple years back. I still love it. I'd say 90% of my favorite fragrances are unisex.
I haven't heard of one of them,, all new stuff?

the maine women have simple scents... along the lines of smoky woodstove/potroast/baking bread/baking pies and dial soap

Old 01-18-2016, 07:15 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,698,052 times
Default Slow use of frangrances ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
You may have the original scent, then. I have a bottle of Old Spice Cologne that I bought about 40 years ago. It's still half full, which gives you an idea of how often I use it. They still sell an "original" scent that doesn't smell the same.
My father is like that. I would buy him all these men fragrances and he would were then ... but clearly not using as much or using it as often as intended. He still probably has that bottle of Jean Paul Gaultier I got him when I was 18. My mom and grandmother would go threw bottles a lot faster as I would always be dipping in to them. They are suppose to loose there level of fragrance after a few years... but I have ones that I do not use as much that still smell like they did originally. During 2015 I went on a perfuming buying spree so I am totally good for the next decade (or until I pass by a pretty little bottle whispering .... you know you want me ).

Old 01-18-2016, 10:54 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,784,942 times
Favorite is a strong word, but these are the things I have purchased or worn this year:

Marc Jacobs Honey
Chloe by Chloe
Oyédo by Diptyque
Pink Grapefruit by Body Shop (I love citrusy scents)
L'eau by Serge Lutens

My current daily wear is this one:
Merry Maker by Pinrose because smells like summer!

I think the Tom Ford fragrances all smell great, designed to be unisex, but I haven't found the right one for me. Any would get my vote on a man! Very sleek and sophisticated.

Old 01-21-2016, 06:27 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,923,411 times
My go-to is BPAL O.

This scent is AMAZING to me, I snarf at my arm night and day when I have it on, which is pretty much all the time.

It's, hmmm...I think honey, vanilla and amber?

For guys, hmmm, I don't know, because the same fragrance can smell so different from guy to guy. I know I used to love Grey Flannel. Mostly I just like the scent of Dude-Just-Out-Of-The-Shower. Just...clean dude overlaid with shampoo and whatever...just...mmmmmmmmmm.

Old 03-14-2016, 08:33 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,819,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I use several different colognes and two different after shaves. I use Bath and Body Work's Ocean, Michael Jordan, Stetson and Adidas Deep Energy for my colognes. For after shave I use Nivea sensitive (has no scent) and/or Afta Fresh.
Adidas Deep Energy is likely one I'll stop using period. It's not one that works with me anymore.
I started getting the Classic Match Polo Blue, that's good too. I also recently started getting EAD colognes from the Dollar Tree. I got Paco Rabone's Invictious and XS, Ed Hardy and Calvin Klein's Reveal this way. All of these work real good for me. My mother even started to use one from there too.

Old 03-15-2016, 08:32 AM

2,335 posts, read 4,137,929 times
My current go-tos are:

Tom Ford Tuscan Leather

Fahrenheit

I like the leathery scents. I have a bottle of Old Spice too, my brother used to wear it and my sister bought us all a bottle when he passed 12 years ago. I splash it on once in a while and think of my bro. RIP.

Old 03-16-2016, 12:01 PM

22,673 posts, read 6,410,386 times
So many people are apparently sensitive to scents these days that if I'm going out I use Body Fantasies
Vanilla or Clean Lavender Vanilla. They are supposed to be less irritating to others. I like their Fresh White
Musk too.

Last edited by pekemom; 03-16-2016 at 12:11 PM..

Old 03-18-2016, 04:41 AM

4,712 posts, read 4,386,886 times
Wow good thread. I am not too aware of the trends, but I did previously buy DH Cool Waters several years ago and liked that. He used it up and I am looking for something new to replace. (yes, it lasted several years. A few months ago, I was on the train and man sat next to me wearing the most amazing scent. I had to ask, and he said it was NOIR by Tom Ford. I have just googled it and unfortunately it seems to be way $$$$ and out of my price point. But it was amazing.
Might have to go and sniff a bunch.
I will add since I have not seen it mentioned- from way back in the day (think Brut think English Leather) TABAC. is that still around? used to love it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty