Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2016, 06:17 AM

6 posts, read 14,792 times

Advertisements

For 5 million dollars would you be wiling to do the following for a year:

1. Shave your head but wigs are not allowed and it must be kept shaved at all times.
2. Can never put on any kind of makeup whether it be lipstick, mascara, lipgloss etc.
3. Can't wear any rings or jewelry of any kind.
4. Can't wear any "nice" clothes. Have to be clothes that look like they've been handed down several times and not at all made to accentuate your body.
5. No attractive undergarments of any kind, exclusively granny bras/panties.

Would you be willing to go through all of that for a year for 5 million?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2016, 06:19 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,968,610 times
I don't understand the point of these hypothetical threads. Why do our responses matter? No one offered me $5,000,000 to do these things, so my action (or inaction) in this instance is immaterial.

Old 03-04-2016, 07:49 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,519,494 times
1. Shave your head but wigs are not allowed and it must be kept shaved at all times. No
2. Can never put on any kind of makeup whether it be lipstick, mascara, lipgloss etc. Probably, as long as I can wear lip balm for dry lips.
3. Can't wear any rings or jewelry of any kind. Sure.
4. Can't wear any "nice" clothes. Have to be clothes that look like they've been handed down several times and not at all made to accentuate your body. No.
5. No attractive undergarments of any kind, exclusively granny bras/panties. Perhaps. I don't care how my undergarments look, as long as they function the way I want them to (i.e. hold "the girls" where they're supposed to be)

So why the question? Are you offering?

Old 03-04-2016, 07:59 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Sounds like a vacation!

Old 03-04-2016, 08:10 AM

17,537 posts, read 39,147,881 times
Another WTF thread......

Old 03-04-2016, 08:57 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
No, I'm not into the whole "humiliate a woman and see how far she'll go to get out of debt" thing.

Old 03-04-2016, 09:29 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,651,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaldskryke View Post

1. Shave your head but wigs are not allowed and it must be kept shaved at all times.
Sure. My hair is already kept at about an inch long.

2. Can never put on any kind of makeup whether it be lipstick, mascara, lipgloss etc.
Haven't worn makeup for at least 40 years.

Haven't worn jewelry for at least the last 10 years.

4. Can't wear any "nice" clothes. Have to be clothes that look like they've been handed down several times and not at all made to accentuate your body.
Yup. That describes my clothing to a 'T'! (I hate shopping)

Haven't worn a bra for 40 years.

I already conform to all of these criteria.

Where's my $5 million?!?!?!??!

Gimme the money! LOL

Old 03-04-2016, 10:01 AM

3,205 posts, read 2,624,898 times
Most anyone who refuses is already wealthy, has a plan to become wealthy, has no need for money, or is just nuts.

Five million invested wisely is far and away enough to live a prosperous, comfortable life for any amount of time that you have left, regardless of age.

Then you can add your salary on a reality show documenting the entire process, for another million or so, and be the darling of millions.

None of these changes is permanent, it's not like 'would you tattoo your entire body and face with swastikas and live in Tel Aviv Israel for a year for $5M?'

Old 03-04-2016, 10:10 AM

4,978 posts, read 5,771,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaldskryke View Post

Where is my money?

1. Yes, I'd do this. I've told people that if I ever had to, God forbid, go through chemo and lose my hair, I would never wear a wig. I'd remain bald.
2. I have not worn makeup for over 30 years.
3. I never wear jewelry of any kind now, not even a watch.
4. I currently wear some clothes that I've had for over 20 years...make that 30 years! I still wear old college tshirts and sweatshirts from 30 years ago, plus old cruise tshirts.
4. No one except me sees my undergarments, so I really don't care what they look like, so sure.

So, like I asked, where is my money?

Old 03-04-2016, 10:21 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugrats2001 View Post
Most anyone who refuses is already wealthy, has a plan to become wealthy, has no need for money, or is just nuts.
I am entirely sane and rational, with a very average income.

Some things can't be bought. Like dignity. That's not lip service. It's truth, full stop.

You'll notice that so far (unless I missed one), most of the "sure, I'd do it" replies are because the women already do those things. They'd only be willing to "do" these things because they'd basically be no change at all, hence they wouldn't feel yanked and dragged around for money, they'd just be receiving no-requirements money from some foolish stooge. The joke, in that case, is actually on the moneyholder, not the woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty