U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Independence Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2016, 01:36 AM

3,437 posts, read 4,027,488 times

Advertisements

I don't sleep naked in bed. That's gross. Even if you shower right before bed, you're contaminating the sheets with traces of semen & urine, plus particles of feces from the other side. I wear boxers and a wifebeater undershirt.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2016, 08:21 AM

743 posts, read 942,402 times
Oh well, if you want to get down to that level, the human body is gross. Personally I'm OK with it, but I wonder how some people can live inside one.

Even worse--sex. There are people who do it and then just fall asleep! Imagine the results!

Old 01-26-2016, 08:34 AM

7,285 posts, read 14,134,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by russell1985 View Post
So I've slept in just my boxers and shirtless since I was probably about five years old or so. I'm 24 now. Living in Arizona it's just too damn hot to wear anything else in bed. Wearing a shirt in bed makes me feel like I'm being strangled. Plus, boxers give my little guy more room to breathe when he stands up tall in the morning if you get my meaning. I just don't feel that as a guy, you should wear anything more than your boxers or boxer-briefs to bed. It's just. It's just not natural for guys to wear a shirt to bed in my opinion.

What about you guys?
I'm pretty warm at night no matter what, so I don't like wearing much to bed (if anything).

At the same time, I could care less what kind of underwear other guys wear. If they want to bundle up in long underwear, whatever. Personally, boxers and especially boxer briefs are horrible for a hot climate. BRB, have to un-stick... things... from other things... BRB, have to pull the legs of my underwear down for the 10th time this morning because they rode up.

By the way, it's nice and cold at night in AZ right now. Pop open the windows or patio doors if you can. And during summer you can always crank the A/C down.

Old 01-26-2016, 09:08 AM

6,116 posts, read 5,308,046 times
When I was young nude was fine any time of year , I always had plenty of blankets and never cared for PJs
Later in life I discovered the problems of fluids leaving the body during the night and decided that it was wiser not to go commando .
As I have gotten older now I find that I like wearing sweat pants and shirts during the winter months as sometimes the covers get pushed aside from moving in my sleep. I don't need so many covers that way and if I have to get up in the middle of the night it more comfortable .
I also figure that if there were some serious emergency, I'd be at least partially dressed.

Old 01-26-2016, 09:15 AM

13,515 posts, read 15,193,698 times
Quote:
So I've slept in just my boxers and shirtless since I was probably about five years old or so. I'm 24 now. Living in Arizona it's just too damn hot to wear anything else in bed. Wearing a shirt in bed makes me feel like I'm being strangled. Plus, boxers give my little guy more room to breathe when he stands up tall in the morning if you get my meaning. I just don't feel that as a guy, you should wear anything more than your boxers or boxer-briefs to bed. It's just. It's just not natural for guys to wear a shirt to bed in my opinion.

What about you guys?
Stop being so controlling! Let your "little guy" hang loose for cryin' out loud.

Old 01-26-2016, 09:51 AM

2,079 posts, read 2,747,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_gardener View Post
I don't sleep naked in bed. That's gross. Even if you shower right before bed, you're contaminating the sheets with traces of semen & urine, plus particles of feces from the other side. I wear boxers and a wifebeater undershirt.
I suggest you see a doctor if you're peeing, defecating, and ejaculating uncontrollably in bed.

Old 01-26-2016, 12:40 PM

2,898 posts, read 4,255,121 times
I started out as a kid in PJs, then college I went to briefs and t shirt, then just t shirt, and now commando. I got tired of sweating in the shirt or getting tangled up in it. I just wish I would have gone commando earlier. Even in the winter, I just pile more covers ; however, I do live in the desert SW .

Old 01-26-2016, 12:47 PM

3,623 posts, read 3,530,900 times
Quote:

What about you guys?
People wear what they feel comfortable in. Maybe this is just something you should bring up to your boyfriends when they sleep over. Let them know what you prefer for them to wear.

Old 01-26-2016, 01:19 PM

4,103 posts, read 4,538,620 times
Floridian here, if you wear anything other than skin to bed you will wake up in a puddle of sweat.

Old 01-26-2016, 01:20 PM

4,103 posts, read 4,538,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_gardener View Post
If you got down to the microbiology of shaking someone elses hand you would also be disgusted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or