Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 02:59 PM

4,326 posts, read 1,260,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
I thought California was warm all year round?
Some parts of California get chilly at night in the winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2016, 03:03 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayInCA View Post
Some parts of California get chilly at night in the winter.
That I did not know thank you

Old 01-28-2016, 09:12 PM

4,977 posts, read 5,763,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayInCA View Post
How can anyone sleep naked in the winter, especially in cold climates? I guess you have to keep the house really warm or use extra blankets? I have to wear pajamas and a long-sleeved shirt in the winter.
Well, if you must know....at night, my thermostat is set to 58 degrees. On my bed, I have a sheet and a single fleece blanket. On top of my fleece blanket, I have 2 cats. Cats generate a LOT of heat. I sleep very comfortably.

Old 01-29-2016, 10:24 AM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
Well, if you must know....at night, my thermostat is set to 58 degrees. On my bed, I have a sheet and a single fleece blanket. On top of my fleece blanket, I have 2 cats. Cats generate a LOT of heat. I sleep very comfortably.

EEK!!!!!
If my LL had our heat on 58, id report him.

my bedroom last night was a nice toasty 78 degrees, thank you very much, and there was snow outside.

no boxers for me, dont need them

Old 01-29-2016, 04:22 PM

4,977 posts, read 5,763,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
EEK!!!!!
If my LL had our heat on 58, id report him.

my bedroom last night was a nice toasty 78 degrees, thank you very much, and there was snow outside.

no boxers for me, dont need them
Oh goodness I'd be so so uncomfortable if my bedroom was 78. Way, way too hot for me. When I am home, my dayside thermostat is set between 65-68, and it automatically goes down to 58 at night. The late DH liked a warm bedroom and always had an electric heater running in the bedroom. I could. Not. Stand. It. I'd end up kicking off the covers, and still I was too hot, so I'd always end up sleeping on the couch with the window cracked open in the dead of winter. Then he'd wake up, come downstairs, and complain how freezing it was...and I was sleeping very soundly in the nice, cool room.

Oh, and we have snow on the ground, too.

Right now I am on my couch and can see my indoor/outdoor thermometer...outside it's relatively warm...31 degrees F. Inside, it's 65. I am very, very comfortable.

Old 01-29-2016, 04:48 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,925,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Later in life I discovered the problems of fluids leaving the body during the night

Old 01-29-2016, 06:25 PM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
Oh goodness I'd be so so uncomfortable if my bedroom was 78. Way, way too hot for me. When I am home, my dayside thermostat is set between 65-68, and it automatically goes down to 58 at night. The late DH liked a warm bedroom and always had an electric heater running in the bedroom. I could. Not. Stand. It. I'd end up kicking off the covers, and still I was too hot, so I'd always end up sleeping on the couch with the window cracked open in the dead of winter. Then he'd wake up, come downstairs, and complain how freezing it was...and I was sleeping very soundly in the nice, cool room.

Oh, and we have snow on the ground, too.

Right now I am on my couch and can see my indoor/outdoor thermometer...outside it's relatively warm...31 degrees F. Inside, it's 65. I am very, very comfortable.

Old 01-29-2016, 06:54 PM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
I wanna know why people are being attacked by their shirts at night.
I forgot to speak on this one.. My lower half apparently rotates at a slower rate than my upper half or something.

I toss and turn, and if I wear a shirt to bed.. My head will be coming out one of the sleeves by morning.

Old 01-29-2016, 09:04 PM

833 posts, read 657,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR2012 View Post
Yeah, what a weird question, why would you want to know what other dudes wear to sleep?
Wear what you want, who cares?
Sometimes my husband wears a shirt, because we keep our bedroom cold as ice. We are in AZ but it got down to the 30's a few nights this winter. I'm a woman, maybe that's why but I been freezing going to bed at night (he puts the fan on, cause he "likes it extra cold" wtf) I can't imagine not wearing anything to bed in the winter. In the summer, well it's a different story for the both of us. Yeah it's hot as hell.
We used to live in Northern Europe, that was a different story. Guess it depends, not sure why anyone would want to know that.
Lol. Love the wtf from a woman

Old 02-07-2016, 08:25 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,804,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by russell1985 View Post
So I've slept in just my boxers and shirtless since I was probably about five years old or so. I'm 24 now. Living in Arizona it's just too damn hot to wear anything else in bed. Wearing a shirt in bed makes me feel like I'm being strangled. Plus, boxers give my little guy more room to breathe when he stands up tall in the morning if you get my meaning. I just don't feel that as a guy, you should wear anything more than your boxers or boxer-briefs to bed. It's just. It's just not natural for guys to wear a shirt to bed in my opinion.

What about you guys?
'natural'? Huh?

Wearing clothing isn't natural at all. Plastic isn't natural. Corrective lenses aren't natural. Unless you oppose all those things, you really don't have a problem with what is and isn't natural.

I don't care what you wear to bed. I'm baffled at this notion that someone should or should wear this or that to bed. Why do you need others to follow your subjective preferences?

Anyway, as for me? I wear shorts and a t-shirt, except in summer when it's hot and I lose the shirt.

Oh, and briefs, not boxers, because... well, I think Kramer says it best:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty