Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 09:01 PM

138 posts, read 168,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Great gravy... maybe they simply are looking at you.

Why are you automatically assuming they are thinking those things?
:::sheesh:::
You cannot be very self-confidant at all, if you assume people are being so judgmental. If you were, anything would roll off your back.
I'm smart. And perceptive. One thing you learn being an introverted, attractive guy is that guys size themselves up against one another alllll the time. Life's basically a big dick measuring contest. So to use the gym example again (this is mostly when it happens because I go there to work out so never talk to anyone), when girls are looking at me and around me and I don't talk to them, most guys assume there must be something going on. Which is why some smirk. Or try to prove themselves by chatting up said girls. My favorite way to resolve this is to go up to one, have a quick few sentence chat, then continue being my mute self. Changes their tune real quick. Now why does this bother me so much? Not because I'm not confident. I very much am. I give zero sh---- what they think of me. What gets me is the fact that I can't go into a public place and do my thing without all this going on. I don't do that to others and I would appreciate it not done to me. Once again, life is a dick measuring contest. And to everyone making of the OP. I did have confidence issues for a long time when I was a teenage. Why? Because I am very introverted and don't like attention. And the amount I was receiving made me feel like something was wrong with me. Until I learned to cope. Now it's just annoying. Tis life.

Quick other point. I'm not full of myself. I always try to assume its something else first. The stain on my shirt, maybe I did something funny, etc. But when all those are ruled out and it happens day in day out...walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...If the vast majority of the world had true self confidence the world would be a much different place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2016, 05:27 AM

605 posts, read 490,892 times
^I like this guy

Old 01-29-2016, 06:16 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whywontthisjustwork View Post
I'm smart. And perceptive. One thing you learn being an introverted, attractive guy is that guys size themselves up against one another alllll the time. Life's basically a big dick measuring contest. So to use the gym example again (this is mostly when it happens because I go there to work out so never talk to anyone), when girls are looking at me and around me and I don't talk to them, most guys assume there must be something going on. Which is why some smirk. Or try to prove themselves by chatting up said girls. My favorite way to resolve this is to go up to one, have a quick few sentence chat, then continue being my mute self. Changes their tune real quick. Now why does this bother me so much? Not because I'm not confident. I very much am. I give zero sh---- what they think of me. What gets me is the fact that I can't go into a public place and do my thing without all this going on. I don't do that to others and I would appreciate it not done to me. Once again, life is a dick measuring contest. And to everyone making of the OP. I did have confidence issues for a long time when I was a teenage. Why? Because I am very introverted and don't like attention. And the amount I was receiving made me feel like something was wrong with me. Until I learned to cope. Now it's just annoying. Tis life.

Quick other point. I'm not full of myself. I always try to assume its something else first. The stain on my shirt, maybe I did something funny, etc. But when all those are ruled out and it happens day in day out...walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...If the vast majority of the world had true self confidence the world would be a much different place.
I envision you laying on a couch and getting through your issues in a few years at about $100 an hour.

Old 01-29-2016, 08:18 AM

2,079 posts, read 3,207,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
I envision you laying on a couch and getting through your issues in a few years at about $100 an hour.
good luck to him finding a prostitute that only charges $100 an hour.

Old 01-29-2016, 09:45 AM

1,616 posts, read 2,488,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blm650 View Post
Ok, I don't mean to brag or sound like an a@#, but I am a very attractive guy. Strangers stare at me from across a room and people turn heads whenever I walk past. It's extremely awkward, and I don't really like it. I'm single right now, and not currently dating. It would be nice if someone actually struck up a conversation with me, but they pretty much just look and turn away quickly. Any tips on how to deal with this. I'm a shy person, so I don't like this attention.
Is your fly open?

Old 01-29-2016, 09:56 AM

10,545 posts, read 7,735,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whywontthisjustwork View Post
I'm smart. And perceptive. One thing you learn being an introverted, attractive guy is that guys size themselves up against one another alllll the time. Life's basically a big dick measuring contest...
And how does being an introverted, attractive guy give you better insight into this perceived phenomenon?

Maybe you're spending too much time at the gym, because it sounds like nonsense to me.

Old 01-29-2016, 10:43 AM

2,274 posts, read 3,073,826 times
This reminds me of that old commercial:

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz8ul-gmLyA

Old 01-29-2016, 01:09 PM

22,314 posts, read 29,400,492 times
I ignore them personally. Very complimenting but it can get annoyed getting eye F-ed

Old 01-29-2016, 01:19 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,123,322 times
I used to have that problem, then I trimmed my nose hair.

Old 01-29-2016, 01:20 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blm650 View Post
Ok, I don't mean to brag or sound like an a@#, but I am a very attractive guy. Strangers stare at me from across a room and people turn heads whenever I walk past. It's extremely awkward, and I don't really like it. I'm single right now, and not currently dating. It would be nice if someone actually struck up a conversation with me, but they pretty much just look and turn away quickly. Any tips on how to deal with this. I'm a shy person, so I don't like this attention.
Upon further review I believe you to look like Screech and this is just a troll thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty