Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 03:44 PM

6,615 posts, read 6,486,158 times

Advertisements

Umm, no
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2016, 04:22 PM

102,063 posts, read 106,870,458 times
Women that beautiful are rare, OP. So I imagine that few people have the experience of observing what you describe.

Old 02-15-2016, 11:59 AM

8,737 posts, read 9,416,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
The Italian movie "Malena" is about a woman that has that kind of effect on people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8j-53yv1nD4
That was the most stress invoking sad thing I watched in a long time, I felt that woman's pain and remember it well from my youth. You don't have to be a great beauty to have experienced that. Not many want that kind of attention when out and about.

Old 02-15-2016, 12:40 PM

3,062 posts, read 6,999,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHi View Post
She was also self-centered. After her husband divorced her, she floated from one man to another, as she didn't have any marketable job skills, and had always gotten by on her looks.
If you're going to be stupid, you might as well be good looking and stupid.
Quote:
Her small son committed suicide some years later, because of her neglect of him.
I don't buy this part, and it's unfair to blame the parent for the child committing suicide.

Old 02-16-2016, 09:02 AM

6,415 posts, read 9,724,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Conversation View Post
It must really be something to be the most beautiful woman in town. Not pretty, attractive, or nice looking, but just incredibly beautiful. There is a woman like that in the office and I like to observe her in action. (I know it is weird, but what can I say?).

Every time this beautiful creature moves into the room there is a buzz in the air, you can feel it. People smile at her and want to look at her. People, both men and women, are in awe of her. The beauty, the charm, the style, the elegance, wow, just wow!

The buzz, it's just incredible! What it must be to be her!

You and a previous poster must know the exact same woman! Amazingly small world!!!

//www.city-data.com/forum/psych...-1-1000-a.html

Old 02-17-2016, 09:04 AM

3,072 posts, read 5,465,519 times
Women can be incredibly catty to other women they find a threat. That's the worst part of it. Sometimes even the looks alone can kill!

Old 02-17-2016, 06:04 PM

251 posts, read 174,458 times
It's not just about looks. It's also about the way they make us feel. Can they bring out the best in us? Are they genuinely interested and talkative about it? A high like that is not equaled with any drug. We reciprocate it with some charm and a little cockiness.....self confidence. It's a good kind of cockiness. I had a woman ask me once what kind of guy I was. My reply to her was this scene. "Yes Ma'am!!"......followed by "that" smile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUZxSf_P2r0

Old 02-17-2016, 08:03 PM

3,426 posts, read 4,332,913 times
I knew a girl in university who was quite pretty. One fine sunny day, she was sitting in a cafe, having a bite to eat at a counter that was directly in front of a huge plate glass window. Aside from the counter top, she was clearly visible from the street, perched on a stool.

I was ordering something nearby and happened to be looking over in her direction. Right at that moment, a young guy on a bicycle was coming in the direction of the cafe. He glanced over at her and was completely distracted. He lost control of the bike, and the bike hit the curb, and he went right over the handlebars and crashed headfirst into the bottom of the window.

Now that was funny.

Old 02-17-2016, 11:52 PM

1,311 posts, read 1,686,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL3000 View Post
This is funny to me now. Here in Moscow incredibly beautiful women aren't all that rare so nobody makes a big deal about them. When I first got here it used to amaze me how men wouldn't give these women a second look. Back home there'd be several cases of whiplash.
The statement "incredibly beautiful women aren't all that rare" seems awfully ironic to me. Especially when you consider beauty is supposedly "rare."

Old 02-18-2016, 01:02 AM

7 posts, read 5,527 times
Id like to point out two words I like to use: pretty and beautiful. Pretty is all surface, beautiful is a composite of the physical , the spirit, the mind.
A woman can be pretty and not be beautiful.
You are actually misdirecting your energy and deep down you may be uncomfortable with. It is a form of insecurity.
Perhaps try to find out a little bit about that person. You may like them. Looks fade. We all get old--even the most beautiful of us.
You can be beautiful too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty