Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 10:13 AM

678 posts, read 697,683 times

Advertisements

G?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2016, 04:36 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,765,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I tried the Wacoal Awareness bra in what was supposedly my size one time and it was unbelievably tight on me. I'm not sure if it was defective or what but I even bought an extender and it was still too tight. So I never tried that brand again. I agree that their brand looks pretty old ladyish, which is fine for every day, but I want this next set to be very pretty. I'm not sure about sizing in other brands either, since all my bras are Chantelle. When I went to the lingerie store, the consultant fit me in a 34H, but she told me Chantelle ran a cup size small, so I think I might need a G in other brands, and I don't want to go back to a store for fitting because they are much more expensive than online. Whichever website I try, I think I'll call them and aske them about sizing. The Parfait by Affinitas, Curvy Kate, Elomi, and Fantasie brands are the prettiest, IMO.
It is not an exact science and can be quite tricky but if you are an H in Chantelle your magic number is 8. Because H is their 8th size. Each cup is 1" bigger than the last.

In UK sizes that would be FF. A1, B2, C3, D4, DD5, DDD/E6, F7, FF8.

In anything else just count 8 sizes in with A being 1 and that will get you pretty close.

Old 02-19-2016, 09:30 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,864,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I tried the Wacoal Awareness bra in what was supposedly my size one time and it was unbelievably tight on me. I'm not sure if it was defective or what but I even bought an extender and it was still too tight. So I never tried that brand again. I agree that their brand looks pretty old ladyish, which is fine for every day, but I want this next set to be very pretty. I'm not sure about sizing in other brands either, since all my bras are Chantelle. When I went to the lingerie store, the consultant fit me in a 34H, but she told me Chantelle ran a cup size small, so I think I might need a G in other brands, and I don't want to go back to a store for fitting because they are much more expensive than online. Whichever website I try, I think I'll call them and aske them about sizing. The Parfait by Affinitas, Curvy Kate, Elomi, and Fantasie brands are the prettiest, IMO.
Wacoal uses American cup sizing as well so a g in Wacoal is more like an F in a UK brand.

Old 02-21-2016, 10:25 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,956,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
It is not an exact science and can be quite tricky but if you are an H in Chantelle your magic number is 8. Because H is their 8th size. Each cup is 1" bigger than the last.

In UK sizes that would be FF. A1, B2, C3, D4, DD5, DDD/E6, F7, FF8.

In anything else just count 8 sizes in with A being 1 and that will get you pretty close.
Thanks, Tourian! I now understand why 85% of women wear the wrong size bra. It's much harder to size yourself correctly in a bra than in pants or shirts. Many women don't even know what a correctly fitting bra is supposed to feel like. I wore the wrong size 20+ years and when I finally went to a bra fitter and she put me in the right size, I was amazed at how different it felt. She didn't even use the measuring tape! Good bra fitters are magicians

Old 02-23-2016, 07:03 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,765,087 times
No worries.

But keep in mind that generally only works for US and UK sizing. Some of those Polish companies use metric so you'll see things like 70G. And the cups will/might be closer together in size like 2cm apart instead of 1 inch/2.54cm. Most of those online places offer conversion charts and calculators which can seem confusing and not line up all the time but with a little trial and error you will find your way.

It took me and my wife a while because most stores around here don't givd a crap and still use that +4 band crap. But there's one place that doesn't so it gives us confidence ordering online. But there are sill differences between brands in fit and construction so when she finds a favorite she tends to stick with it.

Last edited by Tourian; 02-23-2016 at 07:12 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty