Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 08:52 PM

1,449 posts, read 2,343,635 times

Advertisements

really close between concealer and eyebrow pencil. if it comes down to one, eyebrows it is. i can put on tons of concealer but still look washed out if i don't fill in my eyebrows. with my eyebrows filled in, i don't have to do much with the rest of my face and still look polished. have always had light, sparse brows, so i have always envied the girls with really dark, full brows since childhood. i have a tough time with mascara since it requires too many steps i don't have time for (curling, laying on the mascara, separating the lashes), and with my allergies, i just don't like anything adding to the sensitivity on my eyes. with brow pencil, i just powder my brows, then fill in with the pencil. no smearing, taking time to remove clumps, lash curling, etc. no worrying if the mascara has smudged my lower lids nor that it has flaked all over my eyes

so all of you ladies who replied with mascara or lipstick must have no issues with brows
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2016, 09:07 PM

2,453 posts, read 3,581,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
really close between concealer and eyebrow pencil. if it comes down to one, eyebrows it is. i can put on tons of concealer but still look washed out if i don't fill in my eyebrows. with my eyebrows filled in, i don't have to do much with the rest of my face and still look polished. have always had light, sparse brows, so i have always envied the girls with really dark, full brows since childhood. i have a tough time with mascara since it requires too many steps i don't have time for (curling, laying on the mascara, separating the lashes), and with my allergies, i just don't like anything adding to the sensitivity on my eyes. with brow pencil, i just powder my brows, then fill in with the pencil. no smearing, taking time to remove clumps, lash curling, etc. no worrying if the mascara has smudged my lower lids nor that it has flaked all over my eyes

so all of you ladies who replied with mascara or lipstick must have no issues with brows
Or we have bangs!

It's lipstick for me.

Old 04-26-2016, 09:17 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,251,597 times
Lipstick. I can even use it as blush in a pinch. My eyebrows could certainly use some quick grooming, but if I had to pick one then I would go for some color.

Old 04-26-2016, 09:28 AM

11,951 posts, read 8,275,503 times
Estee Lauder's Spotlight skin tone perfector. It makes me glow.

I've used eye shadow for so many years that I don't really have to apply it anymore except to change the shade. It's as though I have a soft brown pigment "tattooed" over my eyes.

Old 04-26-2016, 05:06 PM

15,199 posts, read 10,202,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Okay you are in a super hurry to go somewhere, but still have a few seconds to put on 1 form of makeup. What would you go for? I had to rush this morning and forgot to wear mascara and man was a difference . I forgot my mini mascara I keep in my purse and already had eye shadow on ( I even tried using a clear lip balm to shine my eyelashes ... but that did nothing). Luck woukd have it once at work I found my emergency make stash in my desk drawer in my office so I was back in business again lol

My vote would be Mascara. If I had a second vote lip gloss.

Probably lipstick - it brightens my whole face.

Old 04-26-2016, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelpha View Post
Try it for a month and I challenge you to see how beautiful your bare face becomes after eating a big daily bowl of fresh dark green leafy vegetables. It's no joke!

Well your skin may look great but it's not going to make your eyes pop.

Old 04-26-2016, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellpaso View Post
I've swallowed worse.

I definitely need some eyebrow pencil since mine are so light & undefined. I can actually do a full face including foundation in ~5 minutes or less, so if I have that much time I'll just do that.

I really should go the eyebrow dye route.

I do this what I do my root touch-up. It only lasts a few days for me. As we age, for a lot of women, the eyebrows get thinner especially the outside part. I read somewhere that thinning eyebrows can be a sign of a thyroid issue but I've had thin eyebrows for the last 20 years even with taking thyroid medication after it was removed.

Old 05-02-2016, 08:19 AM

466 posts, read 578,034 times
Max Factor kohl eyeliner pencil - charcoal grey because it is just the right color! It blends well with white hair. Black is too harsh, brown is yuk.

Old 05-02-2016, 08:40 AM

7,985 posts, read 5,345,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Luck would have it once at work I found my emergency make stash in my desk drawer in my office so I was back in business again lol

My vote would be Mascara. If I had a second vote lip gloss.
I agree Mascara and second lip gloss. Like you I have an emergency stash at work.

Old 05-02-2016, 01:49 PM

10,105 posts, read 19,326,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelpha View Post
Try it for a month and I challenge you to see how beautiful your bare face becomes after eating a big daily bowl of fresh dark green leafy vegetables. It's no joke!

How do you fix them? Just eat them raw, cooked, dressing, anything added like nuts, carrots, etc?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty