Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 07:50 AM

1,591 posts, read 2,408,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
Be positive. It's your heart that makes you most attractive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
For example, many women wouldn't say that Channing Tatum is ugly.
Well, nobody was swooning over Chris Evans when he was in his CG'd pre-super soldier physique in Captain America and it sure wasn't his smile and big heart afterward that made him desirable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2016, 08:35 AM

710 posts, read 584,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
1. Hate to be trite, but it really is true that personality is very attractive. Comedians are bit hits with women. Jerry Lewis, Bob Hope, and others were ladies men. Don't overdo it.

2. Confidence. People who are confident attract people.

3. Lose weight, if you're overweight. A leaner, more chiseled face is more attractive on men, I think.

4. Hair is a big deal. I don't know much about Af. American hair, so I'll leave that to others. It shouldn't be weird or outlandish. It should fit the personality and person. Most Af American men I've known keep it really short and hugs the head. Sydney Poitier, Harry Bellafonte.

5. Mustache? Some women like that (I do). Don't know if that works for blacks as well, but a slender mustache is very appealing, IMO.
I'm not severely overweight but I could stand to lose a few pounds and I'm working on that. I'm actually pretty thin and what some would label "skinny fat". I'm also working on gaining more confidence, my self-esteem hasn't been really high for most of my life but I'm trying to work on the problems that made it low. Also, I don't think there's really much I can do with hair. I always keep it cut because with AA hair, or at least with AA male hair in my experience, it just looks unkempt when it grows. I think it looks better that way but I have never really tried experimenting with different hairstyles. I once used texturizer to try to make it curly but that ended up not really working out. As for my mustache, it's not really that big even when I shave it. I'm guessing I'll grow more facial hair as I age because I don't really have that much at this point.

Old 03-14-2016, 09:08 AM

710 posts, read 584,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguydownsouth View Post
We live in a very materialistic society. The face is one of those things that if youre unfortunately designed then youre going to have a very hard time finding that one special person.
Agreed. I think you get treated very differently in society depending on how you look. It sucks but it's true.

Old 03-14-2016, 09:42 AM

951 posts, read 1,140,306 times
Lose fat, build muscle. Just look at Chris Pratt before and after. I would've never thought he'd be that hot. But he does have a great personality and great sense of humor as well.

Old 03-14-2016, 10:58 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,543,160 times
Well, unless you go through extensive surgery, you can't change the face you're born with.

I think your worst problem is, is that you have a complex that has gone from your teasing in childhood into adulthood. You need to try to get over those comments and start anew. Just forget those comments. BE done with them. That was before. This is now. Go to a therapist if you need to. You NEED to get over this complex.

A stern face is an immediate turn-off. Be pleasant around people, not pushy, not clinging, not glum. Try to smile at people when you are around them, even walking in the aisles at a grocery store. Not a huge toothy grin, but a smile as in I'm happy, hope you're happy too.

Dress neatly and keep clean hygene.

Be educated. Find something you're interested in (sports, clubs, organizations) and join up. Finding someone with similar interests will make it easier for meeting and especially for talking to them.

I've heard that of all the different body types: people with disabilities, people with disfigurements, etc, being obese is the most distainful. We all know that there are thousands of obese people out there who have spouses who love them for WHO they are, not for how they look. Good luck!

Old 03-14-2016, 11:18 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
I'm not severely overweight but I could stand to lose a few pounds and I'm working on that. I'm actually pretty thin and what some would label "skinny fat". I'm also working on gaining more confidence, my self-esteem hasn't been really high for most of my life but I'm trying to work on the problems that made it low. Also, I don't think there's really much I can do with hair. I always keep it cut because with AA hair, or at least with AA male hair in my experience, it just looks unkempt when it grows. I think it looks better that way but I have never really tried experimenting with different hairstyles. I once used texturizer to try to make it curly but that ended up not really working out. As for my mustache, it's not really that big even when I shave it. I'm guessing I'll grow more facial hair as I age because I don't really have that much at this point.
hit the gym.

It will improve your shape, your body language and your confidence.

Old 03-14-2016, 12:14 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,368,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdallas View Post
Well, nobody was swooning over Chris Evans when he was in his CG'd pre-super soldier physique in Captain America and it sure wasn't his smile and big heart afterward that made him desirable.
His face/features were attractive when he was short and skinny. His head size didn't quite match the small physique, so it did look off to me. But he wasn't unattractive.

Old 03-14-2016, 12:20 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,368,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I disagree that it's moot.

There are a lot of length options available even with short hair. I think Usher looks better with a little more on the top to visually "lengthen" his head than he does with a close cut.

Little changes like that can make a big difference.
Usher is also already attractive. It's hard to give advice without knowing what the OP looks like. Some black men sport a fro, but I'm not going to encourage a fro or, say, dreads, without knowing what he looks like. And, not everyone in society accepts natural black hair, especially in professional settings. Celebrities can get away with different or "eclectic" hair styles, but outside that, many have to be mindful about not looking too "ethnic." Yes, it's a very real issue. Where does the OP live? What is the cultural and social climate like? What type women is he into? There can be unique dating challenges for many POC.

Old 03-14-2016, 12:26 PM

3,493 posts, read 3,202,413 times
For men of just average looks, pockmarks are a lifesaver.

I don't know about chicks so much, but guys (the best of the best) go for guys with pockmarks. It's considered very very sexy. Very, I don't know - testosterone, I guess. I think there are a few chicks that are on to that. My born - horny cousin Kathy got herself a pockmarked guy. I think I know why. (This is a family site and I won't go into the anatomic/physiologic reasons pockmarks are so important).

So, if you want to increase your attractiveness facially, get pockmarks. You'll attract either hot chicks or high quality guys. That's just the way it is.

Last edited by TwinbrookNine; 03-14-2016 at 12:36 PM..

Old 03-14-2016, 02:11 PM

29,744 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdallas View Post
Peggy Carter was, wasn't she?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty