Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2016, 07:23 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,941,266 times

Advertisements

Probably the most important feature of someone's face is the eyebrow. I never paid much attention to mine other than tweezing relentlessly over the years. Once I started using brow products to shape and enhance them, it has made a huge difference. This link below shows identical faces with lots of different type eyebrows and the effect is incredible when you see how the eyebrow changes the entire appearance of each face.

Hantastic Beauty: The Importance Of Eyebrows
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2016, 07:32 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,401,997 times
I agree. Nice brows can make a woman's face that much more attractive. I've struggled getting the right brow shape for years.. They've been too thin, too thick and oddly shaped. I think I've finally gotten them how I want them. My brows are pretty sparse at the ends, but I fill them in nicely with a NYX eyebrow pencil. I'm so happy I discovered brow products.

Old 03-22-2016, 07:39 PM

6,988 posts, read 4,809,652 times
I've never really paid much attention to my eyebrows. I probably should. But I've always been, and still am, blonde. My eyebrows are light colored, and although not shaped, they don't seem to me to be a big attraction or draw on my face.

Should I re-think?

Old 03-22-2016, 08:31 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
This has come up before on this forum. I agree, it is EXTREMELY important. And it becomes even more important as a woman ages. They need to be nicely shaped, and have color to them. And depending on your coloring they do not have to match your hair. I am now in my 60s, growing out my silver hair (which is still mixed with brown) and since I have very dark eyes, I keep my brows well defined and dark brown and it makes a HUGE difference in my look. My husband thinks I look far younger, even with the silver hair. If you don't define and color your brows you can look "washed out" and older than you are. Even sickly.

Old 03-22-2016, 08:36 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Just another item to put on someone's list of requirements to be considered good enough to date. I am as I am like it or not and I quit wasting so much time, energy and money on all the make up, hair products, nails etc. many years ago and do not miss the hassle of it all.

Old 03-22-2016, 08:48 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,188,065 times
The eyes in general are important. Eyebrows in addition to lashes, and eyes in general.

I never pay much attention to mine, because they're white and can barely be seen anyhow. But I do plan on shaping them later. it may improve my look, who knows.

Old 03-22-2016, 09:34 PM

645 posts, read 750,033 times
as long as they are plucked nicely and you don't have a unibrow. I think that's all you need.. Some women over do it with the super dark brow pencil and way to high arch....

Old 03-23-2016, 01:57 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
I neaten mine up but I don't go crazy about it. I'm not into the pluck it all off, then ironically, draw it all back in look.

With that said, I do darken my brows a little with pencil simply because I color my head-hair very dark and otherwise, they don't match.

Old 03-23-2016, 02:09 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Having a six-month old baby, this has been impressed upon me. As with most infants, his brows were very fine/light/essentially invisible as a newborn. Add he gets older, his face matures, and his brows are more notable, and it DOES, in fact change his whole face.

Old 03-23-2016, 02:13 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
I have always had very light brows, with med/dark blonde hair. I have always used a light brown pencil or something similar to color my brows. I never went for the thin brow look because I think it makes women look hard. I have always plucked my brows back from the center, because my eyes are spaced close together, and closer brows tended to make me look angry. And I plucked to maintain a fairly full shape.

As I have gotten older, my brows have diminished, particularly on the ends. There is simply not as much there to color. I do the best I can, but I am taking the advice of Cindy Jacobs on this:

Women older than 50 tend to lose definition in their eyebrows. Just go with that. Don’t recreate the brows you had in your 20s. 5 Makeup Tips For Older Women By 64 Year Old Super Model Cindy Joseph! | BOOM by Cindy Joseph

Too much eyebrow on me looks odd, and my glasses tend to obscure my brows anyway.

The trend for younger women seems to be a 'fifties style of heavily shaped and full brows. If that works for you, then by all means do that. But you will need to wear a more made up look in general.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty