Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 12:45 AM

6,367 posts, read 6,244,607 times

Advertisements

Not trashy. It depends on your face shape, the cut and if you was it or not. Too many grease balls in those picts!

Super sexy if done right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2016, 01:10 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,923,411 times
I like man buns!

Am I weird?

I think they're incredibly handsome on pretty much any face I've seen wearing one.

Old 04-05-2016, 12:50 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,329,277 times
Yes im in love with man buns too I was looking at them all on pinterest,
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/895091...2c26589bec3e86

Old 04-05-2016, 01:07 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,658,614 times
I don't think it looks trashy, but not many men can pull it off.

You have to have great hair. It has to be thick and healthy.

You have to keep it clean, but not overly styled. Don't let a blow dryer anywhere near it.

You can't wear it in a girlie fashion--no head bands or man buns (sorry to disagree with above posters). A pony tail or down--those are your choices, IMO.

Don't wear earrings or carry a man bag, unless that's a particular look you're going for.

Old 04-05-2016, 01:08 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,956,872 times
I've been wearing a high and tight (1 on the sides, 3 up top) for nearly all of my adult life. Before that (in college/high school) I used to just take a bare Wahl trimmer to my head myself-partly because I liked the look, and partly because I was in college and I wanted to save the $20 every two weeks. When I met my wife she asked if I would go for the high and tight because in her opinion I'd look better with "some" hair. I told her that I'd keep it as long as I could without having to put anything in it or comb it in the morning It's a maintenance issue/personal preference thing for me. I don't have time to wash, comb, brush, etc...constantly, and now that I've worn my hair this way for so long I feel uncomfortable when it grows any longer than about 3/4 of an inch or so.

As for long hair on men in general? I'm a big fan of outlaw/alternative country and bands like the Eagles, the Byrds, Buffalo Springfield, Neil Young, etc... Though I have a distaste for long hair on men/boys and I've remarked about it a time or two when some references one of my daughters "bringing someone home" (they are 1 and 4), my wife is quick to point out that Hank, Willie, Waylon, and the rest all had long hair. In fact one of my favorite songs of all time is "Long Haired Country Boy" by Charlie Daniels Band. I responded by saying that though I like their music there's no way in hell I'd want any of them near our daughters

Old 04-05-2016, 02:38 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,658,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
I've been wearing a high and tight (1 on the sides, 3 up top) for nearly all of my adult life. Before that (in college/high school) I used to just take a bare Wahl trimmer to my head myself-partly because I liked the look, and partly because I was in college and I wanted to save the $20 every two weeks. When I met my wife she asked if I would go for the high and tight because in her opinion I'd look better with "some" hair. I told her that I'd keep it as long as I could without having to put anything in it or comb it in the morning It's a maintenance issue/personal preference thing for me. I don't have time to wash, comb, brush, etc...constantly, and now that I've worn my hair this way for so long I feel uncomfortable when it grows any longer than about 3/4 of an inch or so.

As for long hair on men in general? I'm a big fan of outlaw/alternative country and bands like the Eagles, the Byrds, Buffalo Springfield, Neil Young, etc... Though I have a distaste for long hair on men/boys and I've remarked about it a time or two when some references one of my daughters "bringing someone home" (they are 1 and 4), my wife is quick to point out that Hank, Willie, Waylon, and the rest all had long hair. In fact one of my favorite songs of all time is "Long Haired Country Boy" by Charlie Daniels Band. I responded by saying that though I like their music there's no way in hell I'd want any of them near our daughters
Ha! My 17-year-old daughter is dating a boy with extremely long hair, even by 70's rock star or country singer standards. It's not a good look for the kid and neither she nor I like it. But he seems like a nice kid and it's his head and his hair. I wouldn't dream of making it a big deal.

Be careful where you draw those lines in the sand.

Old 04-05-2016, 07:36 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,041,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I heard a comedian (Aisha Tyler, maybe?) do a man bun joke that was something about when you see a guy with a man bun, part of you thinks "what a douchebag" and another part is "and I would hit that." He probably does yoga and he's sensitive and would make sure that you had a nice time.
The guy I saw recently who had a man bun looked very dramatic and mysterious, and is someone whom I would not want to cross. He was also well groomed.

Old 04-06-2016, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
The guy I saw recently who had a man bun looked very dramatic and mysterious, and is someone whom I would not want to cross. He was also well groomed.
Was it this guy? (Warning-NSFW Language):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwtOukiaGTk

Old 04-06-2016, 07:04 AM

1,504 posts, read 847,839 times
Nothing says arrested development like a 65 year old guy with a long grey pony tail...Some people are locked in a time warp and never get past a certain era. Long hair in general is dated...Modern men who wear their hair long are either white trash - or privileged brats who like to have a retro style....Frankly one has to keep up with the times. During my life I have been clean shaven...bearded...long flowing hair- usually stylized...shaved head....crew cut...and so on...I have never been locked into an era....The hippy look belongs to history.

Old 04-06-2016, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
Nothing says arrested development like a 65 year old guy with a long grey pony tail...The hippy look belongs to history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzdvQOXxRD4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty