Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2016, 03:19 PM

2,605 posts, read 2,710,603 times

Advertisements

I know part of the reason is my weight, I have fat thighs. I started having this issue 3 years ago. But my jeans lasted me 1 year on the dot. I worn INC jeans from Macy. Last 6 mo the I started increasing my steps during the day to lose weight. I think that might have something to do with jeans only lasting me 3-4 months now.

Anyone have this issue? Did u find any solutions? Ant brand of jeans less likely to tear from thigh friction? I could try patch work but not sure if that will show. I saved my last 2 jeans hoping I will patch it up but I never got to it. Should I use jeans material inside to patch up or normal cotton fabric is good enough. Can I hand stitch it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2016, 03:54 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
It is a pretty common problem for people with "thick" thighs. Particularly if combined with narrow hips. It has been happening to me since I was a kid, I have bigger thighs at all weights, so I know to expect it.

The ones that lasted a bit longer are ones that have a thicker seam on the inner thigh. But it'll probably happen to all your pants over time if you wear them often enough. Rotate in more.

Old 04-13-2016, 05:22 PM

I guess I need to buy more pants now. I never gave much importance to pants, I had 3 I rotates between those n few lounge wears for home. Now I will need to at least double these pants. Are trouser likely to last longer than jeans? Or cord? Any specific material that last longer than other

Old 04-16-2016, 03:31 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,150,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
I guess I need to buy more pants now. I never gave much importance to pants, I had 3 I rotates between those n few lounge wears for home. Now I will need to at least double these pants. Are trouser likely to last longer than jeans? Or cord? Any specific material that last longer than other
Corduroy is awful for those of us with full thighs. It makes noise when we walk, and the nap rubs off after awhile. I love corduroy but for me it isn't good for pants.

I invested in several new pairs of jeans this past winter after having only 2 or 3 pair that didn't suit or fit properly. It is so great to have several different pairs with different denims and leg styles. If denim is your go to, you should have at least 5 pair. They will last longer for one thing.

Old 04-16-2016, 05:31 PM

I have always worn blue jeans or black trouser. I think I will spend spring shopping on colorful pants. So my outfit isn't all about tops m same ok pant

Old 04-16-2016, 06:39 PM

645 posts, read 750,448 times
I have never heard of this happening...that sucks....I have thick thighs from being a runner but I have never ripped jeans.....I usually wear levis or guess jeans if I do wear jeans

Old 04-16-2016, 09:54 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reen79 View Post
I have never heard of this happening...that sucks....I have thick thighs from being a runner but I have never ripped jeans.....I usually wear levis or guess jeans if I do wear jeans
There are three factors: thigh size, pelvis shape and hip width. If you have the wrong combo your thighs will always touch. I assume you have hips that are wide enough to offset your thigh size.

Personally I have thick thighs, narrower hips and my pelvis angles my legs in.

I am also about 90% Serena Williams has the same problem.

Old 04-17-2016, 01:02 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,168,897 times
I'm built like a Volkswagen welded to a Cadillac, but I've never had this problem. I think your weight has a lot to do with it. I'll bet, if you drop a few pounds, this problem will go away. The only other suggestion I could make would be to buy jeans made out of study denim. Some denim fabrics are actually quite flimsy and probably don't take that much to rip through.

Anytime you rub two fabric pieces together, they are going to wear out fast. Fabric isn't made for that.

Old 04-18-2016, 12:51 AM

2 posts, read 9,539 times
My thighs are fat so they hurt me ,,, thats why i use to wear sooti tites , I love it..

Old 04-19-2016, 08:02 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,308,852 times
I finally had to throw out my favorite jeans (NYDJ) after 8 or so years because the fabric kept getting thinner and thinner on the inner thighs and finally just gave up the ghost. :-( Unless you're one of those women with a "thigh gap" it will probably happen to most pants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty