Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2016, 12:29 PM

1,449 posts, read 2,354,337 times

Advertisements

what's the difference between products labelled as sleeping/night masks and the night/overnight moisturizers/creams? at least, function/effect wise. i know most sleeping masks tend to recommend washing off in the morning, but in general, what's the difference between the two?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2016, 01:58 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
It feels like the sleeping masks absorb more quickly. Functionally I find that my skin looks a better in the morning with the overnight masks.

Old 04-16-2016, 03:03 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,062,725 times
Just be careful you don't end up getting whatever you're using in or around your eyes by the morning, or you'll end up with puffy eyes.

Old 04-16-2016, 10:38 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,976,312 times
I agree with the masks being more effective and I've actually traded using crèmes for masks especially since a lot of night creams are really heavy on my skin and cause breakouts.

Basically it's just personal preference as both pretty much give the same end results.

Old 04-17-2016, 01:45 PM

1,449 posts, read 2,354,337 times
which sleeping/overnight masks work well on mature, combination skin? something that comes from cruelty-free companies

Old 04-17-2016, 01:48 PM

I really like the fresh rose mask, it is a daytime one that you leave on for 5-10 minutes. So I do it in the morning. I got a ton of samples. Now I need to get a full size.

I am have dry skin, so my challenges are different.

If you have a Sephora nearby get samples of all the masks that sound appealing and try them out!

Old 04-17-2016, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I really like the fresh rose mask, it is a daytime one that you leave on for 5-10 minutes. So I do it in the morning. I got a ton of samples. Now I need to get a full size.

I am have dry skin, so my challenges are different.

If you have a Sephora nearby get samples of all the masks that sound appealing and try them out!
The Fresh Rose mask is the one I have as well. Also the Rose Mask sample is the birthday gift at Sephora this year. I'll have 2 sample sizes since Fresh gave me one when I bought the full size.

I use different sheet masks at night that you don't rinse off so your skin can absorb all the goodies while you sleep.

Old 04-17-2016, 08:30 PM

I have a mini of the LaNeige moisturizing water sleep mask. It is just ok. I have the origins drink up mask, this is great.

I also have been using the belief brightening mask. I have done a bunch of things to brighten, and my skin is looking more even. So something worked, but I don't know what. :P

Old 04-17-2016, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I have a mini of the LaNeige moisturizing water sleep mask. It is just ok. I have the origins drink up mask, this is great.

I also have been using the belief brightening mask. I have done a bunch of things to brighten, and my skin is looking more even. So something worked, but I don't know what. :P
Yeah that can get confusing when you're trying products and you see the improvement but you can't really directly know for sure which product made what changes. I try to test the product for a week before pairing it with my routine to try to get a feel for the product especially since I easily breakout. So if I get a breakout, I know eactly which product it came from. They've come out with so many masks and there are a few I want to try but the Fresh Rose Mask will always be a staple, I love it!

I tried the Black Tea line and it was a bit too strong for my skin, so I can revisit that later when my skin matures more as I hear a lot of great things about the Black Tea line. They've also expanded the Rose line a lot and have a new moisturizer that I want to check out. I'm thinking that could be my night cream since it doesn't have SPF.

Old 04-19-2016, 07:49 AM

466 posts, read 581,632 times
I prefer my Monsia night repair cream and once my face has absorbed it I apply Vit E oil particularly to my neck, forehead & around my eyes. Vit E oil holds in the moisture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty