Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2017, 05:30 AM

2,288 posts, read 1,431,524 times

Advertisements

I've been using it since July. Honestly don't know if it's working but I've been putting it on my face as well at night as a replacement for vitamin E which I had been using for years but my face decided to become allergic. I'm pleased with the castor oil for that reason. It's almost time to order more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2017, 04:56 PM

39 posts, read 31,506 times
I'll be starting my 3rd week of using castor oil. Not seeing any changes in eye brows or tops & bottom lashes. However, I too have been using it around my eyes/upper checks and I feel that I'm seeing a small difference with my crows feet. I will continue and see if there is a change.

Old 09-17-2017, 08:18 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,923,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
I did it 2 years ago to "jump-start" labor, as I was two weeks over my due date. It worked!

And I'm still convinced there has been some growth/thickening in both my lashes and brows. I've only been doing it....well, I'd say less than 3 weeks.
Well never having had a baby I would not know about jump starting labor .Ouch on the 2 weeks late though.

I got hooked on making Ginger Lemonade this summer. I only use a little lemon juice and lots of peeled fresh ginger. I started eating the ginger chunks at the bottom and suddenly no more constipation. Thinking the ginger was helping that.

I do think this is working on the lashes Even if it is not I am going to keep doing it because it feels to good to wake up with my face soft. For sure it is helping the wrinkles. Heck I am 68 worked outside a good part of my life in the sun I am going to have wrinkles. I do not really mind them but smoothing them out a bit is also nice. Wishing I had done these things when I was younger.

Old 09-18-2017, 08:24 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,100,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shades_of_idaho View Post
Well never having had a baby I would not know about jump starting labor .Ouch on the 2 weeks late though.

I got hooked on making Ginger Lemonade this summer. I only use a little lemon juice and lots of peeled fresh ginger. I started eating the ginger chunks at the bottom and suddenly no more constipation. Thinking the ginger was helping that.

I do think this is working on the lashes Even if it is not I am going to keep doing it because it feels to good to wake up with my face soft. For sure it is helping the wrinkles. Heck I am 68 worked outside a good part of my life in the sun I am going to have wrinkles. I do not really mind them but smoothing them out a bit is also nice. Wishing I had done these things when I was younger.
I turn 68 in a couple weeks. I live in Florida, and I love the sun. Fortunately not too many wrinkles on face due to oily skin. Got wrinkles elsewhere, tho' lol.

I think the castor oil is worth using even for those who don't see dramatic results. It DOES help with wrinkles, and it has the capacity to penetrate the skin extremely deep - with very dramatic healing results. It is also good for the eyes, themselves.

I can't believe it but I have almost gone through my bottle already, so I need to buy some more!

Old 09-19-2017, 10:26 PM

1,516 posts, read 1,247,591 times
I ended up purchasing some from Target a few months ago. SheaMoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil... not sure if it makes much difference that it's black- was the only thing I could find in store. Anyway, I didn't use it much because it has a pump and the castor oil is thick and messy. Well, a couple weeks ago I went and bought some mascara style tubes and brushes and put the oil in there. Much better user experience. I've been trying to coat my lashes and eyebrows every other night at the least. I think I've been seeing some improvement on the eyebrow, can't tell with the lashes as they are already long and thick. Will keep it up and update if I see more improvement. Probably should have taken a before photo.

Old 09-21-2017, 09:37 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,746,947 times
I've been wondering about the mechanics of how this works and how that affects how it should be applied.

I've seen some bottles with mascara-like wands for putting it on the lashes themselves, some with tiny paintbrush-like wands for applying it at the base of the lashes, some with none at all. I believe KA said she just smeared it on with her fingers.

So, if it works by stimulating growth in the hair follicles, then it seems it should be applied at the base of the lashes, making sure it gets onto the skin. I don't really see how it could conceivably stimulate growth just by being applied to the lashes.

What do y'all think?

Old 09-21-2017, 10:08 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,844,304 times
Heck I just smear it on - LOL. Then it gets everywhere. It's messy but it does soothe eyes and seems to be good for the overall eye area.

Old 09-21-2017, 10:18 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,923,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Heck I just smear it on - LOL. Then it gets everywhere. It's messy but it does soothe eyes and seems to be good for the overall eye area.
Yep I also smear it on and bring some up to eye brows also. I am feeling addicted t how soft it is making my facial skin. Now if it would only take away the old lady brown spots.

Old 09-21-2017, 10:58 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,746,947 times
I've been just applying it with my finger to my eyebrows but using a tiny paintbrush to paint it on the base of my top lashes pretty thickly. Then I blink pretty hard and it gets on the bottoms.

I do not find it soothing to my eyes, KA! I got too much on the other night and got a good bit in my eye and it sort of stung. It annoyed me until I finally just went to bed. lol

I find it a bit sticky for smearing around my entire eye area...it pulls on my undereye skin. I've read that you can add some other kind of oil to it to make it less thick, though...almond, olive, etc.

Old 09-22-2017, 08:02 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,100,783 times
I smear mine on - I use the dropper and drop onto my finger and rub into brows; then I do the same to lashes but I smear on lids also, top and under eye. The oil I have is VERY soothing and does not even cloud my vision! And It usually is absorbed before I go to bed if I put it on early enough. I love this stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty