Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 10:49 PM

11,655 posts, read 12,950,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Hant de Caprio aged better than he looked back then or maybe just the photo. he looks chubby and his suit doesnt fit.. cant stand Winslets toffy mouth.. Im also not keen on the flapper styles of the 20s.. the shoes were horrible back then..but thought the forties and fifties were much more flattering..loved these duster coats that were out in the 50s, URL=http://lunapic.com][/url]
What's "Hant"? Lol

Ironic you say this, because he was skinny back in the day. Now he's chubby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2016, 05:25 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,061,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ControlJohnsons View Post
late 80's.. like depeche mode, the cure, the smiths, the stone roses, all those interesting fashions.

now everyone looks the same boring person in popular culture. either tight clothed bearded millenial, or round bald person with pants and shirt or meathead weightlifter.
What great bands you have chosen! Yes, The Stone Roses had great hairstyles the last time they had an album out, over 20 years ago! Blur had great hairstyles back then too - I'd like to see those back again.

Old 05-14-2016, 06:28 PM

1,278 posts, read 1,247,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
What great bands you have chosen! Yes, The Stone Roses had great hairstyles the last time they had an album out, over 20 years ago! Blur had great hairstyles back then too - I'd like to see those back again.
the stone roses just released their first single in 21+ years last week!
loved their look, indie without beards

blur had some great hairdos and clothes too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRYAi2rO0bQ

Old 05-14-2016, 07:24 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,061,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ControlJohnsons View Post
the stone roses just released their first single in 21+ years last week!
loved their look, indie without beards

blur had some great hairdos and clothes too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRYAi2rO0bQ
I know - I bought it! It's great!

^ Lol! I have this Blur video too. Damon is so cute!!

Old 05-15-2016, 01:17 PM

290 posts, read 366,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
oh you mean a snood.... Ginger Rogers wore them.. would be great on a bad hair day....
My wife has a couple hats made of a similar knit. There's not the big holes between the threads like that though. These caps are sold at some beauty stores for women of color. She is Latina with very curly hair and busts them out for what she calls "bad hair day" which I have been told, is something entirely different than white "bad hair day."

Old 05-17-2016, 07:48 AM

69 posts, read 75,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by merclo View Post
I too want to once again wear the Jackie O classics. Does anyone know what store sells those classic type clothes (other than Talbots which I find dowdy, not classic)

Thanks CD fashionistas
I actually like the sheaths from Lands' End - this year I bought a couple of brighter colors for the summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty