Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2016, 03:11 PM

32,780 posts, read 36,027,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Actually poor hygien is a public health issue. Also why should people who put effort in maintaining good hygien have to suffer by having smelly people around them. It always shocks me how people skimp in this area. Clothes are not meant to last forever.
But not washing a bra every time it's worn isn't a public health issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2016, 03:15 PM

1,640 posts, read 787,753 times
Quote:
Actually poor hygien is a public health issue. Also why should people who put effort in maintaining good hygien have to suffer by having smelly people around them. It always shocks me how people skimp in this area. Clothes are not meant to last forever.
Of all the things in the world to stress. This issue is in your head only.

Old 05-15-2016, 03:21 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,000,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by photostoresheila View Post
Victoria's Secret bras are crap.
In your opinion, maybe. I've purchased bras from everywhere from Walmart and Target to pricey department stores. I like Victoria's Secret bras. My mom doesn't. We're all different, with different bodies and different preferences.

Quote:
This is the strangest fashion forum I have ever comes across how? How hard up on cash does someone have to be to feel that they need a pair of Jeans to last 7 years? Is the Great Depression on somewhere still in North American or is the extreme cheapskates version of a fashion forum? Wow. Absolutely bizzar!
I recently read something somewhere that said that you're pretty much never supposed to wash denim, that you're supposed to spot clean as needed and avoid washing until you absolutely have to. I think that is disgusting.

Old 05-15-2016, 03:22 PM

I hate the whole "This is such a pointless thing to talk about" trend that I see not only in this thread, but in many others. Couldn't that be said about just about anything? I thought the point of a forum was so that you could talk about things.

Old 05-15-2016, 03:36 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,371,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post

I hate the whole "This is such a pointless thing to talk about" trend that I see not only in this thread, but in many others. Couldn't that be said about just about anything? I thought the point of a forum was so that you could talk about things.
Normally, I hate it too.

But I want to smack myself for clicking on this thread.

Old 05-15-2016, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Normally, I hate it too.

But I want to smack myself for clicking on this thread.
Shouldn't have clicked, then, I guess.

Old 05-15-2016, 03:47 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,678,158 times
Default ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
But not washing a bra every time it's worn isn't a public health issue.
Being unhygienic is. Not wearing a clean bra and clean clothes every day is an example of that in my opinion. I am personally just pretty surprised that other people choose to live like this, but to each his own.

Old 05-15-2016, 03:51 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,678,158 times
Default Who is stressing ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy Fae View Post
Of all the things in the world to stress. This issue is in your head only.
Wearing clean clothes and taking a shower daily is not stressing to me. It is basic standard body hygien. Not being able to do this would personally stress me out, but I guess some people are okay with being untidy.

Old 05-15-2016, 03:54 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,870,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
That's not a viable option for those who wear a nonstandard size. I've got 3 options:

1. Buy a bunch of cheap bras in the wrong size, and look and feel uncomfortable. Toss them after a few months when the elastic and cheap-o fabric wear out, and spend money on some more cheap, ill-fitting bras.
2. Buy a bunch of sports bras, and embrace the uni-boob look. But then what's the point of having a nice rack if it's squished down all the time?
3. Once per year, take a drive out to Nordstrom and use my christmas money to splurge on 2 or 3 fancy-pants European bras (since American size-runs do not accommodate skinny girls with big boobs), usually $70 a pop, and handle them with kid gloves for the next 365 days.

ETA: I usually hand-wash them after 2 wears
Option 4: Since you know your proper bra size, buy those same bras on eBay for 50-75% less. After I got fitted in the proper sized Chantelle bra by the bra fitter ($78 for the first one, and that was their CHEAPEST), I purchased each subsequent Chantelle bra in the same size brand new on eBay for $27-$35. I could never have afforded high quality perfectly fitting bras otherwise, and I now have 7.

Old 05-15-2016, 03:54 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,354,751 times
Quote:
Being unhygienic is. Not wearing a clean bra and clean clothes every day is an example of that in my opinion. I am personally just pretty surprised that other people choose to live like this, but to each his own.
Quote:
Wearing clean clothes and taking a shower daily is not stressing to me. It is basic standard body hygien. Not being able to do this would personally stress me out, but I guess some people are okay with being untidy.
Oh Please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty