Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2016, 08:36 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,283,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post
Well, my underwear doesn't look dirty or smell after one day of wear, but that doesn't mean that I don't wash them after every wear.
A pair of underwear is in direct contact with pathways that excrete bodily waste, which is why it needs washed after each wearing. A bra is not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2016, 08:40 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,003,071 times
I didn't say that they're exactly the same, but you asked why you would wash something that isn't dirty, and I'm just saying that I prefer not to wait until something looks or smells dirty before washing it.

If I drink water out of a glass, I don't put it back in the cabinet when I'm done with it. It might not look or smell dirty, and it might not be technically "dirty," but it is used and is therefore not clean. If I eat a sandwich off of a plate, I may be able to brush away the crumbs, leaving the plate looking and smelling clean. However, since it's been used, it's not clean, so it goes in the dishwasher and not in the cabinet.

There is a sort of in-between stage between "dirty" and "clean" when something might not look or smell dirty, but it is not as clean as it was when it was first washed. I prefer for things -- including my clothing -- to be clean, not in-between.

Old 05-15-2016, 08:42 PM

37,474 posts, read 45,706,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
A pair of underwear is in direct contact with pathways that excrete bodily waste, which is why it needs washed after each wearing. A bra is not.
Thank you for finding a nice way to put that. This thread is really absurd.

Old 05-15-2016, 08:44 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,283,669 times
You have some weird hang-ups, lk, but to each their own.

Old 05-15-2016, 09:17 PM

1,640 posts, read 788,460 times
Quote:
I didn't say that they're exactly the same, but you asked why you would wash something that isn't dirty, and I'm just saying that I prefer not to wait until something looks or smells dirty before washing it.

If I drink water out of a glass, I don't put it back in the cabinet when I'm done with it. It might not look or smell dirty, and it might not be technically "dirty," but it is used and is therefore not clean. If I eat a sandwich off of a plate, I may be able to brush away the crumbs, leaving the plate looking and smelling clean. However, since it's been used, it's not clean, so it goes in the dishwasher and not in the cabinet.

There is a sort of in-between stage between "dirty" and "clean" when something might not look or smell dirty, but it is not as clean as it was when it was first washed. I prefer for things -- including my clothing -- to be clean, not in-between.
Do you change your PJs and bed sheets every day, too? I always consider those to be more ready for a frequent wash over my work clothes, but the sheets are weekly.

Old 05-15-2016, 09:26 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,003,071 times
I do change my PJs every day. I change the sheets twice a week.

Old 05-15-2016, 09:37 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,882,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Thank you for finding a nice way to put that. This thread is really absurd.
Truer words were never spoken. I can't believe it's still going, but I'll play along

Old 05-15-2016, 09:58 PM

1,640 posts, read 788,460 times
Quote:
I do change my PJs every day. I change the sheets twice a week.
I knew you didn't do it daily even though your sheets are likely dirtier than anything you're wearing during the day. Lol This thread is a goof!

Old 05-15-2016, 10:20 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,335,525 times
Quote:
...it might not be technically "dirty," but it is used and is therefore not clean.
As noted, I believe this is where things break down.

You feel that something being used = "not clean," something being worn = that item being soiled.

Many others do not find this to be categorically the case.

If I get up and put a robe on for twenty minutes, while I make and drink coffee, then hang it up so I can ake a shower, etc., get dressed and ready for the day, is the robe then "dirty" and requiring washing? I mean, I did place it on my body. Is it now soiled and in need of being washed, by virtue of having worn in twenty minutes?

Old 05-15-2016, 10:20 PM

21,937 posts, read 19,063,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
...Also, I kind of think that arguing about boob sweat and bras has to be the funniest internet argument ever.
in addition to boob sweat, maybe we need a thread that talks about the sweat under the tummy pouch that hangs over when we don't do our exercises after having numerous babies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty