Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 10:24 AM

1,846 posts, read 3,939,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Frankly I've never spent any time wondering about how frequently other women launder their undergarments.
Best post in the thread!

I mean really....!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2016, 07:22 PM

31 posts, read 18,982 times
Hi lkmax,
I agree with you,It is important to wash your bra daily, specially in summer season. I have a large collection of bras and I can't wear same bra on the couple of days without wash it.
Thanks!!

Old 05-19-2016, 04:04 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,276,377 times
The OP should have disclosed her location in the first post.

OP, as a fellow Southerner, I get it. And air conditioning doesn't help when you sweat walking from the car to your destination.

People act like they have never heard of hot, humid climates - or mesh laundry bags.

You do realize that they sell mesh laundry bags specifically to wash bras in the machine?

Old 05-20-2016, 07:01 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,306,731 times
I also live in a hot, humid climate and it's like that for 6-8 months out of the year. You do sweat a lot even walking from your home to your car and then waiting for the a/c to kick in when the car is a million degrees from being in the sun. If I sweat in it, it gets washed after one wearing. If I didn't I might wear it 2-3 times but never more than 3 times and then I hand wash it or if I don't have time I put in a mesh laundry bag. I have never, ever put a bra in the wash without one. They are too expensive to have them torn up in the machine.

Can't believe we are up to 30 pages on this thread.

Old 05-20-2016, 07:57 AM

37,605 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
But why would you want to wear the same bra over and over again?
What...I should throw it out after a wearing?

Old 05-22-2016, 08:44 AM

12 posts, read 7,877 times
Wow, it sounds like it’s possible not to wash my underwear, cause I’m using everyday pads and my panties don’t get dirty. All of my bras are machine-washed and I use special containers for bras when I put them into the washing machine in order not to damage them in the process of washing. But… Well… the question is actually dumb… Why are you that interested in other women’s bras?

Old 05-22-2016, 02:21 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times
Because the more you wash them, the quicker they wear out. How do you even know how often anyone washes their bras??

Old 05-22-2016, 02:26 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Good quality bras for busty women are expensive. I routinely spend $70 or more. Sports bras are not quite as high but still run about $50. I wear cheap t-shirts and live in the same two pairs of shorts all summer, but I pay a bundle for my bras and my shoes.
Yep. Same. Cheap bras don't do it for me anymore. I miss my body of 20 years ago

Old 05-22-2016, 03:29 PM

1,544 posts, read 924,480 times
Because the laundry room in my building is too expensive.

Old 05-22-2016, 03:35 PM

14,944 posts, read 12,136,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charisb View Post
I am not sure whether to laugh or cry that many of you equate bras with underpants.
If your breasts are getting so dirty/sweaty during the course of a normal day (unless you live in the tropics and/or do manual labor for 10 hours) that your bras are filthy and smelly after one wear, you should definitely see a doctor.
I wear my bras more than once and I assure you I do not smell bad (I have plenty of friends and family who would let me know). Likewise, I have never been near a woman who had smelled bad from her bra being worn a second day.
This is such an American thing--most of the world does not wash everything after one wear, except for underpants.
Not all Americans wash their clothing after one wearing, unless it gets dirty when its being worn. Underwear excepted, of course. Clothes last much longer when they aren't washed so frequently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty