Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 09:12 AM

12,386 posts, read 8,152,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Bottom line she was not proffesionally dressed , she looked like she was going clubbing or out for a date instead of doing her job . They needed to squash this outfit immediately . Maybe she will learn next time not to wear cocktail attire on the job . I m sure the station manager had quite the talk with her about her choice in attire . As he or she should have .
Her job along with her sisters doing traffic to keep sex appeal balance where the station has a weather man is to look sexy. And when she pushes up towards middle ages like former NFL pre game show weather girl Jilian Barberie she will be replaced or the next traffic reporter will be hired for sex appeal to keep the balance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2016, 09:40 AM

3,925 posts, read 4,130,367 times
Given the opportunity, 13 % of the population will complain about it(it meaning ANYTHING). And now with the internet, those 13% can change the course of events from dumb to utterly stupid. Its happening more and more.

The internet is destroying democracy.

AND NOW WE HAVE PEOPLE WHO INFLUENCE THE WORLD AS PROFESSIONAL COMPLAINERS. Yesterday I was at a party where people were saying how wonderful this young woman was. Turned out she's never done anything productive for other people in her life except to complain about how other people are doing things. Has she actually tried and been successful at doing any of these things she complains publicly in books and on the media at doing? NO! She couldn't actually do any of the things that she complains others are doing wrong. But she's great at complaining about their failures.

Old 05-16-2016, 09:41 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,931,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
There you have it - if you see someone dressed inappropriately during a live broadcast, contact the station immediately and action might be taken. There is hope; we don't have to accept the slide to trashiness as perpetrated by people on TV. (FYI, not saying the on-air handling was right, but I don't feel sorry for her, and I've seen worse TV clothing choices than that.)
So what are you saying then? You've managed to completely obscure any message in your o.p. ... you've seen worse but... not saying the on-air handling was right... what then? The only two ways to have handled this was to either leave the reporter alone, or give her a sweater. That's it. If you don't think the "on-air" handling of the situation was right, then you don't think her dress was all that inappropriate, but you go on to say you don't feel sorry for her. So.... what exactly? I actually looked and I'm like... "really?".

America remains to this day the only nation that has used nuclear weapons on another nation in anger. It remains the only nation to continue to sequester enemy combatants without charges indefinitely. It has long standing and crippling racial and political divisions that keep it mired in the bottom rankings for all social metrics of all nations developed or not. Our exemplary moral values with respect to public appearance cannot redeem the many failures elsewhere in our culture. Frankly, it just makes America look more ridiculous.

Old 05-16-2016, 09:46 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,931,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
Her job along with her sisters doing traffic to keep sex appeal balance where the station has a weather man is to look sexy. And when she pushes up towards middle ages like former NFL pre game show weather girl Jilian Barberie she will be replaced or the next traffic reporter will be hired for sex appeal to keep the balance.
Exactly. Someone thought it was a good idea to put her on camera like that. She didn't peel off a track-suit at the last second and sprint to her station before anyone could stop her. But when the e-mails started coming in that someone caved. I'll be very surprised if she gets the stern talking to that an earlier poster imagines is coming. She was put up to this, and whoever did that is the one who is going to get the corrective interview.

Old 05-16-2016, 10:04 AM

2,811 posts, read 2,183,149 times
The article says she initially was wearing a different dress that was a little too green to work with the green screen. It wasn't pre-planned or left over from a late night out.

Old 05-16-2016, 10:17 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
So what are you saying then? You've managed to completely obscure any message in your o.p. ... you've seen worse but... not saying the on-air handling was right... what then? The only two ways to have handled this was to either leave the reporter alone, or give her a sweater. That's it. If you don't think the "on-air" handling of the situation was right, then you don't think her dress was all that inappropriate, but you go on to say you don't feel sorry for her. So.... what exactly? I actually looked and I'm like... "really?"

Shouldn't have let her on air dressed like or cut the segment short and fix it before her next appearance (assuming she'd be on again that day).

With a regular newscasters, it's easier for viewers to complain and have the problem fixed during commercial.

What really boggles my mind is that apparently there aren't people working behind the scenes making sure clothing is appropriate. Though, for all the talk about weather girls and female 'journalists' looking too sexy, usually enough of the outfit is appropriate (basically the correct style) except the legs too short or the top a little tight or low-cut and it's really the beauty of the woman herself that's the issue.

Old 05-16-2016, 10:39 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
So why was she allowed to go on the air to begin with if the station thought her attire was inappropriate? It was tacky to hand her a sweater during her broadcast.

Maybe a cocktail dress was a little odd to wear for a morning broad cast, but she shouldn't have been embarrassed like that on the air. It should have been addressed before she went on.

Old 05-16-2016, 10:46 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,127,347 times
I see absolutely nothing wrong about her wearing that pretty dress and I am disgusted that this world today sucks.

Old 05-16-2016, 11:05 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,527,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
https://www.yahoo.com/news/ktla-mete...000000329.html

Hahahaha.

There you have it - if you see someone dressed inappropriately during a live broadcast, contact the station immediately and action might be taken. There is hope; we don't have to accept the slide to trashiness as perpetrated by people on TV. (FYI, not saying the on-air handling was right, but I don't feel sorry for her, and I've seen worse TV clothing choices than that.)
What's the big deal? Kind of formal for a weather girl look, but inappropriate or trashy? What's with these guys, are they Pilgrims or something?

Old 05-16-2016, 11:29 AM

16,072 posts, read 21,148,356 times
I'm wondering if most of those who don't get it are guys and all they see is a pretty girl in a pretty dress and think "what's the fuss?'
That dress was inappropriate for the job, kind of like wearing jeans and a tank top to a formal wedding. Nothing wrong with such an outfit per se, but entirely wrong for the situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty