Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 12:04 PM

149 posts, read 553,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Never smoked and dont know much about these vape ciggies.. but read this ..

So far, evidence suggests that e-cigarettes may be safer than regular cigarettes. Since nothing is burned in the process, e-cig vapour lacks the tar and carbon monoxide found in cigarette smoke. Most of the 7,000 chemicals in cigarette smoke are also missing from e-cig vapor. However, e-cigarette users do inhale chemicals that are known to be toxic and, in some cases, carcinogenic. When heated, ingredients in the nicotine solution can turn into formaldehyde, which is known to cause cancer. Newer e-cigs allow users to adjust the temperature to a point where the formaldehyde level can be as high — or even higher — than in traditional cigarettes. Studies have also found that the vapor can include chemicals released by the devices themselves. These include silicate particles, aluminum, lead and tin.
Your information is not correct. If the vaporizer's coil and wick are OVER heated, some formaldehyde may be produced. But over-heating causes "dry hits" with an acrid, unpleasant taste, and vapers avoid that -- we want to TASTE our e-juice, not burn it. Read on this link for more information about the supposed "issue" of formaldehyde: Spreading fear and confusion with misleading formaldehyde studies « The counterfactual

As to particulates, we all get similar particulates in our drinking water, from pots and pans we cook with, the air we breathe (especially city air) and in many foods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2016, 12:19 PM

18,527 posts, read 18,748,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Advocate4 View Post
Your information is not correct. If the vaporizer's coil and wick are OVER heated, some formaldehyde may be produced. But over-heating causes "dry hits" with an acrid, unpleasant taste, and vapers avoid that -- we want to TASTE our e-juice, not burn it. Read on this link for more information about the supposed "issue" of formaldehyde: Spreading fear and confusion with misleading formaldehyde studies « The counterfactual

As to particulates, we all get similar particulates in our drinking water, from pots and pans we cook with, the air we breathe (especially city air) and in many foods.
yes with some types of cookware we do... and from the pollution around us , doesnt mean to say its to be blown around the non smoker ..and your only scratching the surface with those...

Old 05-21-2016, 12:32 PM

149 posts, read 553,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
yes with some types of cookware we do... and from the pollution around us , doesnt mean to say its to be blown around the non smoker ..and your only scratching the surface with those...
Curious, what do you mean "scratching the surface"?

Old 05-21-2016, 12:59 PM

26,654 posts, read 28,677,767 times
I've become so sensitive to cigarette smoke that even if a smoker in the car in front of me has his window open, I can smell it. For some reason it gives me a headache and clogs my sinuses if it goes on long enough.

Most doctors offices don't allow anyone to wear perfume anymore. If it were really made from flowers or other natural substances, fine. But it's a bunch of nasty chemicals MADE to smell like something else. I used to date a chemist who worked for the cosmetic companies and he told me about the junk that went into perfume and told me not to use it.

Old 05-21-2016, 01:05 PM

475 posts, read 318,328 times
I'll take sitting next to a smoker over sitting next to someone who's been eating garlic. (I don't care how good it is for people, it reeks) I think airlines should have a "no garlic may be eaten 24 hours before flight" rule.

Old 05-21-2016, 01:56 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
I'm an optician and a few days ago I had a patient come in who wanted her glasses adjusted. She gave me the glasses and the overwhelming smell of perfume clung not only to her, but her glasses! I put the frames in our ultrasonic frame cleaner, took them out of the soapy water, rinsed them off, and they STILL smelled like perfume. When I brought them out to her I saw she was trying on frames. Oh no! Now I had to find the frames she tried on and disinfect them

She finally left, I went and washed my hands twice and still the the perfume fragrance remained on my fingers. Two hours later when we went to lunch my hands, I could not believe that my hands still smelled like that horrid perfume of hers! I began to think she used some concentrated industrial strength perfume oil, but she didn't dilute it at all when applying it. I don't know what she was trying to cover up (if anything,) but she did a bang up job of it. I have never met anyone who wore so much perfume in my life.

Old 05-21-2016, 02:05 PM

738 posts, read 585,463 times
I like both perfume and tobacco smoke. I find them sexy. And, I personally smoke like a fiend. I like it. I always liked the smell of tobacco.

What I cannot stand is CANNED SARDINES. Yuck!

It is not a health issue. It's a personal taste issue. I'm not going to campaign to outlaw canned fish. Nor should anyone campaign to ban tobacco, or "second hand smoke." That is a pseudo scientific crock of crap.

Old 05-21-2016, 02:06 PM

18,527 posts, read 18,748,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I've become so sensitive to cigarette smoke that even if a smoker in the car in front of me has his window open, I can smell it. For some reason it gives me a headache and clogs my sinuses if it goes on long enough.

Most doctors offices don't allow anyone to wear perfume anymore. If it were really made from flowers or other natural substances, fine. But it's a bunch of nasty chemicals MADE to smell like something else. I used to date a chemist who worked for the cosmetic companies and he told me about the junk that went into perfume and told me not to use it.
Until someone from a cosmetic company owns up and tells the public exactly what their putting on their skin. going up their nose into the brain.. no one will listen...

Old 05-21-2016, 03:31 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,602,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I'm an optician and a few days ago I had a patient come in who wanted her glasses adjusted. She gave me the glasses and the overwhelming smell of perfume clung not only to her, but her glasses! I put the frames in our ultrasonic frame cleaner, took them out of the soapy water, rinsed them off, and they STILL smelled like perfume. When I brought them out to her I saw she was trying on frames. Oh no! Now I had to find the frames she tried on and disinfect them

She finally left, I went and washed my hands twice and still the the perfume fragrance remained on my fingers. Two hours later when we went to lunch my hands, I could not believe that my hands still smelled like that horrid perfume of hers! I began to think she used some concentrated industrial strength perfume oil, but she didn't dilute it at all when applying it. I don't know what she was trying to cover up (if anything,) but she did a bang up job of it. I have never met anyone who wore so much perfume in my life.
Bleh! That means she had the fragrance on her FACE!

Old 05-21-2016, 09:09 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,785,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
It seems women that smokes often uses very strong perfumes too. They don't cancel each other! They make perfumes smell awful.
As an ex smoker, I still like the odor of tobacco, but perfume makes my lungs lock up...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty