Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 10:38 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times

Advertisements

I am headed to an out of town concert next weekend I usedthat as an excuse to get a new summer outfit.

I couldn't figure out what sort of mood I as in, and I scoped my usual stand pays but nothing was setting the right tone. I was planning to wear something old, but was feeling a little hesitant (invited someone who I've been flirting with for a few months and I wore the same outfit when we went out last! I don't remember every outfit / ocassion but this one has pics.).

I stopped at the mall looking for other things and stopped in to a store don't visit often (it is not on my usual path) and saw something unexpected: a romper. Now I had written off rompers as they are both tricky to fit and they seem to be way too short. I haven't worn shorts in a million years (probably mostly related to living somewhere where it rarely gets warm enough for shorts and residual street harassment related trauma. I stick to skirts and dresses.)

Well it turned out this one had long enough shorts and a flattering neckline. Win! And this summer is starting off hot. And I have a few trips to hot places planned so I can get some wears.

Now I have that new outfit feeling! Can't wait to wear my new acquisition. You know it was a good buy when you are plotting ocassions to wear it. Of course those items you are on the fence about stay in your closet for weeks.

Do you notice that new outfit feeling?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2016, 10:47 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Every time I put on one of my 20+ year old shirts and 10+ year old jeans I feel great.
I'm old, I wear old, but neither looks old

Old 05-30-2016, 03:18 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,050,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Every time I put on one of my 20+ year old shirts and 10+ year old jeans I feel great.
Ditto!

Old 05-30-2016, 05:52 AM

4,725 posts, read 4,417,821 times
I agree with all the comments. I do agree that I get a "lift" from a new outfit when it's just comfy, looks sharp and fresh. I tend to keep my clothes for a long long time so I don't really buy much each year but I find that it's nice to have a very nice new one or two things for a season and then you know you are good.

Old 05-30-2016, 07:20 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,213,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
be thankful you can still fit in those clothes

Old 05-30-2016, 07:21 AM

16,418 posts, read 12,502,320 times
I don't really have a comment on your specific question. I'm just curious ... is your out of town concert an outdoor event, by chance? Is it possible that there may be port-a-potties involved? If it's a possibility, you may want to re-think your romper choice.

Old 05-30-2016, 07:36 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,563,461 times
I get that way if the item represents some new look or is something I don't typically wear.

Old 05-30-2016, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I don't really have a comment on your specific question. I'm just curious ... is your out of town concert an outdoor event, by chance? Is it possible that there may be port-a-potties involved? If it's a possibility, you may want to re-think your romper choice.
This concert is indoor in a bar/club place so I'll be safe. I am going to an outdoor concert soon and I am hoping there are real bathrooms somewhere. It is all day. And I can't avoid liquids the whole time!

Old 05-30-2016, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
I agree with all the comments. I do agree that I get a "lift" from a new outfit when it's just comfy, looks sharp and fresh. I tend to keep my clothes for a long long time so I don't really buy much each year but I find that it's nice to have a very nice new one or two things for a season and then you know you are good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I get that way if the item represents some new look or is something I don't typically wear.
I've been rocking the same look for a while. This year I've purchased a few things that are out of that box. It's probably a reaction to inching closer to 40 and still wanting a few hip things.

And this season's clothes suck so it was nice to find a saturated bright in the sea of pastels and muted 70s tones.

I have been wanting a few legit summer outfits for a while.

Old 05-30-2016, 08:57 AM

16,418 posts, read 12,502,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
This concert is indoor in a bar/club place so I'll be safe. I am going to an outdoor concert soon and I am hoping there are real bathrooms somewhere. It is all day. And I can't avoid liquids the whole time!
Hmmmm ... I'd still be weary of a romper. Bar bathrooms can be just as disgusting as port-a-potties. Rompers are cute, but very difficult when it comes to visiting the facilities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty