Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 04:05 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times

Advertisements

I don't like the look of really giant muscles, but what business is it of mine to how people decide to look and how much they want to work out? If the public place allows shirts-off then it's anyone's personal decision whether to roll that way or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2016, 04:25 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,768,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldChina View Post
Should shoppers on a muggy day be exposed to bare or tattooed muscled shoulders in their way? When men flaunt them, it can be gross or aggressive; and when women do, it's unaesthetic or unfeminine. Therefore, shouldn't those that consume anabolic steroids or body train cover their unnatural musculature or keep it private?
When some men flaunt their muscles, it can be awesome and sexy! Not all women aspire to be feminine either. I sure don't!

If you run into me on a muggy day, you can be assured I will be exposing my shoulders, and they are not the fittest things you'll see! I dress for comfort - MY comfort, not yours. If you don't like it, you are free to look away.

I have a female friend who is BUILT. She works out daily and limits her carb intake. She achieved her body by good ol' hard work, diet, and good genetics. If she wants to flaunt it, she can.

Old 06-04-2016, 04:29 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,768,350 times
Quote:
In my view it can seem threatening or offensive – it's as though we're being intimidated. And I can't understand the mentality of women that do this. Oughtn't female overmusculature, which can make the modestly-bosomed appear flat-chested etc, accrue mainly from honest housework, assisting with the gardening or even cleaning the car? Yet some will go too far
Ummmm....WHAT?!?

Personally, I prefer dishonest housework. I hate housework. I run the vacuum a few times a week to suck of fur - that's about it. As far as gardening, I don't "assist" with the gardening. I do ALL of the gardening. Cleaning the car? I get a free car wash at the place down the road, so I run it through there. Takes no effort at all, so don't see how that would build muscle....

I've never been intimidated by people (men or women) who have more muscle than I do. I also do not typically feel threatened either, so....

Old 06-04-2016, 05:42 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Awwww - thank you! xoxoxox
You're very welcome!

Old 06-04-2016, 06:16 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,400,832 times
I've honestly never noticed that it was a problem, but I am not generally intimidated by the way others appear. I do think that it is more aesthetically pleasing to see people who take care of their bodies and who eat properly wearing something a bit more revealing, like a tank top, than the same garment on a couch potato whose only exercise is clicking the cable remote, aside from walking that is absolutely necessary.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 06-05-2016, 05:59 AM

769 posts, read 782,624 times
Quote:
I'm an aesthete, not a weakiling. And I do not use a gun
You sound like you want to control people without (thankfully) having the authority to do so.

Old 06-05-2016, 06:28 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,312,234 times
Quote:
Should shoppers on a muggy day be exposed to bare or tattooed muscled shoulders in their way? When men flaunt them, it can be gross or aggressive; and when women do, it's unaesthetic or unfeminine. Therefore, shouldn't those that consume anabolic steroids or body train cover their unnatural musculature or keep it private?
Frankly my dear I don't give a damn. As long as their private parts aren't showing I'm fine. People with tattoos often flaunt them even if it is 40 degrees. If they aren't hurting you ignore it. There are more important things to get your knickers in a knot about isn't there?

Old 06-05-2016, 09:22 AM

18,547 posts, read 15,584,312 times
Quote:
Isn't that better than too many tattoos?

Old 06-05-2016, 09:27 AM

786 posts, read 811,498 times
Yes (though I would put it as less worse)
Some time ago, my partner and I were invited to a do at an antiques centre. And we were surprised that we hadn't been told that it was a fetish party. Anyway, we did our best, (despite that she was solemnly religious) to join in, in the course of which I came to observe several things that would seem exciting in a topshelf magazine. But in close up, it was, in parts, unsavoury. Anyway, at the end of an enjoyable evening, we came away with the opinion that people look better in clothes

Last edited by OldChina; 06-05-2016 at 09:42 AM..

Old 06-05-2016, 11:27 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,923,078 times
No, I don't find anatomy to be offensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty