Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2016, 10:01 AM

19,700 posts, read 20,232,643 times

Advertisements

Ya know, some people just don't have all that much going on in their life, or upstairs. They have ample time to waste & energy to burn on a 40 page thread talking about flip flops or whatever. Personally, I find that sad, but hey, if overly concerning yourself w/ 'what everybody else is doing' is the highlight of their day - then have at it folks, lol ~ It simply reminds me I'm in the wrong place & ought to be cultivating my mind elsewhere..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2016, 11:55 AM

1,433 posts, read 1,509,228 times
I don't own any pajamas. I sleep wearing oversized tee shirts.

I don't have any flip flops, either. I cut them out of my wardrobe due to a traumatic accident that was caused by those treacherous things several years ago.

Garbage pickup was one particular morning, and I rushed out with a bag of garbage to add to the pile on the curb. It was early summer, and the front stairs were covered in dew/moisture.

My foot slipped on the first step. I used to live in an upper-floor triplex in Montreal, complete with the winding staircase, and down the stairs I went.

Tried to stop myself mid-flight but I couldn't.

I landed on the sidewalk at the bottom of the staircase, but not before my right foot was gashed to the bone by the wrought-iron staircase, of course.

I lay there and shook until Mr. Daynet rushed out, having heard my bumpy ride down the stairs. He picked me up in his arms and took me upstairs, where we tried to wash my wound. The bone in my right upper foot was showing - eww!

I had to have thirteen stitches in my foot as well as a horrible nay nay tetanus shot.

I'd rather wear Kiss Army platform boots any day of the week over flip flops. I'm serious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty