Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 10:30 AM

19,603 posts, read 12,206,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
For some of these dudes (note that it's primarily dudes) the definition of "appropriate" is "gives me a boner." Then they accuse us all of being jealous old hags. Yes, the woman has a great body. Still doesn't make a tight, short, flesh-colored dress suitable attire for a wedding. Her body would look just as great in a knee-length wrap dress.

It doesn't even matter what her body looks like, as today people tend to wear what they want regardless. It was an inappropriate choice for the event, kind of disrespectful. There are so many choices for a warm weather dress which would be less tacky and more appropriate for that particular event.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 10:36 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,520,307 times
Dude looks like a lady. or wait, the other way

Old 07-07-2016, 10:37 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeagleEagleDFW View Post
I think far too many in this thread define "appropriate" as "ankle-length." Whatever, I don't think the dress is inappropriate, I've seen plenty of similar dresses at weddings or shorter or tighter dresses. Saying that it is inappropriate because it is "attention drawing" is asinine - that could mean pretty much anything. A full-length dress could be "attention drawing." And I don't find her to be attractive, so I'm simply looking at the dress itself. Regardless of what you think of the dress, I'm more interested in the fact that she is getting exactly what she wants - media attention.
It's a flesh colored tight dress that makes her look naked! Not wedding appropriate. But a similar dress in a different color at an evening reception would have likely worked. It isn't about the body conscious fit or length or cleavage. But the combo as pictured was too much.

Remember the old adage to not show off everything at once. Particularly at a wedding.

Old 07-07-2016, 10:43 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
If it is appropriate or not depends only on the hosts.

This outfit looks similar to what almost every girl at my wedding was dressed like, but my wife specifically stated "dress sexy" (not exact words, but something like that I guess).

So for the girl in this story, it depends on her relations with the hosts, and most of all, are the hosts fine with it.

Old 07-07-2016, 10:51 AM

951 posts, read 1,139,924 times
This is similar to women when they say, "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful" when looks has nothing to do with people not liking those women.

If I was Liz Krueger, I'd be embarrassed that my story went viral. And her #kruegerkindness movement tops it off.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:12 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Dude looks like a lady. or wait, the other way
Yes, I can't shake the feeling that she is transgendered. Most women know what is appropriate for a wedding. However, *many* transgenders go extra-tight, extra-short, over-the-top everything, to be noticed for what they identify as now. I have seen numerous pictures of her and she looks decidedly masculine in all of them. Beautiful, but not very feminine.

In fact, when I first saw the photo, before I read the article, I thought it was Caitlyn Jenner.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:22 AM

951 posts, read 1,139,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Yes, I can't shake the feeling that she is transgendered. Most women know what is appropriate for a wedding. However, *many* transgenders go extra-tight, extra-short, over-the-top everything, to be noticed for what they identify as now. I have seen numerous pictures of her and she looks decidedly masculine in all of them. Beautiful, but not very feminine.

In fact, when I first saw the photo, before I read the article, I thought it was Caitlyn Jenner.
I actually thought she was in her mid to late 40's, but she's only 31. I think it's because she is so lean, so it makes her look older and more masculine. That's kind of the sacrifice for some of us as we get older. A hot, younger looking body with an older face (due to less fat). She just posted an older picture of her when she wasn't as lean, and her features were softer.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:31 AM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeagleEagleDFW View Post
I think far too many in this thread define "appropriate" as "ankle-length."
And you would be wrong. A number of us have indicated the the picture of her in the blue dress would be quite appropriate. Certainly not ankle length. Hell, it's not even knee length. But still MUCH more appropriate than what she wore.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:41 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
I've seen this story pop up on my FB feed as well and all I can do is laugh at people who think and say negative things about her.

There is nothing wrong with what she wore to the wedding. She looks fantastic!! Because she looked so darn hot/sexy/beautiful the women who WISHED they looked as good as her complained. Yes, thats right, this is totally a jealousy issue where ugly women were butt hurt over not looking as good as this woman.
No one is butt hurt about her made up "controversy."

People are just calling her out.

A bunch of people have said that she has other pictures with nice dresses that still show her nice physique that would have been way more appropriate.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:57 AM

4,559 posts, read 5,410,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
No one is butt hurt about her made up "controversy."

People are just calling her out.

A bunch of people have said that she has other pictures with nice dresses that still show her nice physique that would have been way more appropriate.
Nope. Im going with butt hurt jealous fat chicks on this one. No one knew at the time what other types of clothes/dresses she had in her closet. Its all about the butt hurt jealous "I-wish-I-looked-as-good-as-her" types on this one. This goes all the way back to the ridiculous mindset of "the bride should be the most beautiful at her wedding". There is nothing nothing nothing at all wrong with the dress she wore. The problem is with the jealous women who wish they had her body.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty