Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 01:53 PM

762 posts, read 610,746 times

Advertisements

Pic?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2016, 01:55 PM

131 posts, read 78,484 times
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mediterranean_race

hopefully it's ok to post links

but yeah there is a difference between the word latino and Hispanic.

Old 07-09-2016, 01:56 PM

131 posts, read 78,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
So you DID do something artificial--you wore a tight corset, called a waist minimizer now--over time to shift your internal organs around to make your waist look small, artificially small.

You have remade your body out of natural proportion, that's why it looks fake to others.
not plastic surgery and no I have always been questioned about having had implants. And a lip or nose job etc... even when I didn't care about my body as much. And I meant by my diet btw.

Old 07-09-2016, 01:58 PM

762 posts, read 610,746 times
Some Portuguese people and Spaniards would be offended to be called Hispanic and not European despite what Wikipedia or other entries say. I lived in a city as an adult where there was a huge Portuguese population. The ones I met did not identify as Hispanic. My ex was Spanish American, born in the U.S. but his parents are both from Madrid. He did not identify as Hispanic nor did his relatives.

Old 07-09-2016, 03:13 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,335,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianneP21 View Post
no Hispanic refers to the Spanish. Portuguese speak Portuguese not Spanish... .
Usually people in the U.S. consider Portuguese/Brazilians to be Hispanic. Whether or not you agree with this classification is kind of besides the point.

There is no "correct" answer as race/ethnicity is self-identification.

Old 07-09-2016, 03:30 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,363,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Usually people in the U.S. consider Portuguese/Brazilians to be Hispanic. Whether or not you agree with this classification is kind of besides the point.

There is no "correct" answer as race/ethnicity is self-identification.
Why is it beside the point when your next statement says race is about SELF-identification.

It's all off-topic anyway. The OP said she gets compared to the Kardashians who are not Hispanic - but their father was Armenian. If I was Portuguese I'd rather be known as Portuguese...not some broader group.

In this day and age most people recognize that people aren't "pure breeds" and to put people in a box is silly.

If I was Portuguese I'd rather be known as Portuguese...not some broader group.

Old 07-09-2016, 03:32 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianneP21 View Post
It's not my friends who say that actually. Well good friends don't say that but it's people who know me now. People will say I'm all fake. I've had people ask me outright about having implants and I've had some assume I had a lip job a nose job or something to do with my cheeks etc... I think it's sometimes more to do with racism. Because sometimes people just assume I'm Hispanic. And not white at all. But I can't speak Spanish. So it soon becomes clear I'm white. And then people assume I'm 100% fake. I understand in vegas many people white black or Hispanic have plastic surgery. But that doesn't mean all. I don't get especially why white American women are more assumed to be fake if we don't look like a stereotype. But it appears a lot of people assume that. I have also dated a lot of guys who are like surprised I have a real body etc...
Ok.
If this is true, then who cares?
Don't do anything.
Just be yourself.

Old 07-09-2016, 03:37 PM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Is this post a reverse brag? Come on...... lol!
This. OP, you're far from an apple shape, and you know it. Saying you look fake is probably a polite way of asking "Are those REAL?" lol

Old 07-09-2016, 04:03 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,335,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Why is it beside the point when your next statement says race is about SELF-identification.
It's besides the point because she was claiming some universal truth about Portuguese, claiming they weren't considered Hispanic in the U.S. But there is no such "truth" and anyways most people will consider Portuguese/Brazilians to be Hispanic.

And it doesn't mean "not white". Hispanics can be white. My wife is Hispanic but very white. Portuguese are obviously white.

Old 07-09-2016, 04:16 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,384,993 times
You really do not have an apple-shaped body. If you did your stomach would be larger than your hips.
Your female "competition" seems very envious and the males naturally are assessing you with testosterone.
Change style and cut of clothing you buy to be more suited to your body shape and create the illusion of a standard hour-glass form. Wear clothing that puts less emphasis on your bust to waist measurement/ratio.
Avoid frilly flouncy tops, cowl necks, crew necks, and clingy anything. Do not wear a belt unless it is covered up when you wear one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty