Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 02:25 PM

3,545 posts, read 6,010,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
If you are used to UK bra sizes, Chantelle cups are pretty small. You should consider Freya, Cleo and Panache. These are stocked at Nordstrom too. Wacoal is sizes in American cups which are 2 smaller then UK. Sadly I have sized out of most Norsdtrom options. An excellent choice with a really wide size range is Ewa Michalak.
This is my preferred brand at the moment.
I learned that you have to ditch the assumption that you actually have a specific "size" that's going to fit you in every bra, and realize that some brands are going to be made differently. I don't recall having to get the Chantelle bras in a larger cup (I haven't bought a full-fit bra in a while, I had my breasts removed because of cancer in 2014, rebuilt much, *much* smaller, don't miss them a bit), but it's not something that would keep me from buying them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2016, 03:47 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,736,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkay View Post
I learned that you have to ditch the assumption that you actually have a specific "size" that's going to fit you in every bra, and realize that some brands are going to be made differently. I don't recall having to get the Chantelle bras in a larger cup (I haven't bought a full-fit bra in a while, I had my breasts removed because of cancer in 2014, rebuilt much, *much* smaller, don't miss them a bit), but it's not something that would keep me from buying them
Well in my case it means I sized out! They have H cups in my band but they are 1.5 cups smaller than other brands! And their bands are a bit looser than some other brands I have worn. So going to a sister size or up an band doesn't work either! My advice is if you are a G or H cup, they likely won't fit you. If you are an F you'll likely need a G in Chantelle. And in some styles you'll go down a band putting you at H, which is their top end.

Old 08-01-2016, 04:00 PM

3,545 posts, read 6,010,292 times
Quote:
Well in my case it means I sized out! They have H cups in my band but they are 1.5 cups smaller than other brands! And their bands are a bit looser than some other brands I have worn. So going to a sister size or up an band doesn't work either! My advice is if you are a G or H cup, they likely won't fit you. If you are an F you'll likely need a G in Chantelle. And in some styles you'll go down a band putting you at H, which is their top end.
Oh gotcha! Sorry, I misunderstood

Old 08-01-2016, 08:23 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,884,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
I am terrible with clothes and I never seem to achieve that perfect closet. I want to just throw everything out and start over but I have a feeling I will start over many times before i get it right. so i avoid shopping as much as possible. Recently i have been struggling with summer wear for work and hoping you ladies can give me some suggestion.

Problem:
I am busty. Lately with the high temperature I often take off the cardigan or jacket or scarf I might have on in morning & am down to simple t-shirt by mid-day. I did not think much of it until recently i notice most of my tops & t-shirt has visible my bra lines. Over all due to me being top heavy, something simple and appropriate for most people feels inappropriate on me. I don't know if anyone else notice or if I am just being paranoid but ever since i notice this, thats all i see when i look in the mirror. During cold season, which is 8 months here in midwest, this is not a problem as i always have layers.

Is there certain material, types of tops I should get that will not make my chest center of attention. i should wear light cardigan on top but its 90 degree and i will have to force myself to keep it on, that would be my last resort. .
A great bra and pretty tunic tops that are not too loose or beachy. The tunic style seems to very popular at every price point and it layers well with cardigans, too!

Old 08-04-2016, 01:22 PM

2,606 posts, read 2,690,437 times
This week I had meeting at work. So I pulled out this thin material but loose fitted tunic I love. I put a tank top underneath and went about my day. Mid day I took bathroom break & there they were, 2 freaken headlight. I adjusted my cloth, I even layered my camisole two fold by pulling the bottom over my chest hoping that will cover nipples showing. But nope, nothing but me walking around hunched will remove the visual line and more. Even if the top is loose, it seem to rest at peak. Maybe this top is old or due to thin material, this is happening. So this top will go in donation pile or put away for winter wear when it will be under blazer.

today I have a loose fitted cotton tunic in white. This is lose enough that I have not see any embarrassing lining. I will be washing and wearing this almost every week. Need to find few more.

Old 08-04-2016, 01:32 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,884,954 times
Quote:
This week I had meeting at work. So I pulled out this thin material but loose fitted tunic I love. I put a tank top underneath and went about my day. Mid day I took bathroom break & there they were, 2 freaken headlight. I adjusted my cloth, I even layered my camisole two fold by pulling the bottom over my chest hoping that will cover nipples showing. But nope, nothing but me walking around hunched will remove the visual line and more. Even if the top is loose, it seem to rest at peak. Maybe this top is old or due to thin material, this is happening. So this top will go in donation pile or put away for winter wear when it will be under blazer.

today I have a loose fitted cotton tunic in white. This is lose enough that I have not see any embarrassing lining. I will be washing and wearing this almost every week. Need to find few more.
Right now summer clothes are on sale everywhere so a great time to find some more tunics! My cup size is large so I understand the need for coverage in the summer but if you have headlights maybe your bra isn't thick enough? I have a few bras that are perfect even when it's freezing outside and the cups are thick almost padded.

Old 08-05-2016, 10:36 PM

2,606 posts, read 2,690,437 times
padded bra sounds terrible. I stay far away from anything padded. i don't need extra weight. But maybe I should experiment with something other than Bali.

I got 2 top and a pant. i saw an unlined jacket that i really loved. I will watch its price. i did not realize the extra warm i feel in jacket is due to line vs. unlined. Duh basic information but never hit me. This jacket felt comfortable in the A/C department store. I don't want to buy too many new clothes. i will wash them more often and wear the same 5-6 outfit.

Old 08-06-2016, 09:59 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,736,145 times
Quote:
padded bra sounds terrible. I stay far away from anything padded. i don't need extra weight. But maybe I should experiment with something other than Bali.

I got 2 top and a pant. i saw an unlined jacket that i really loved. I will watch its price. i did not realize the extra warm i feel in jacket is due to line vs. unlined. Duh basic information but never hit me. This jacket felt comfortable in the A/C department store. I don't want to buy too many new clothes. i will wash them more often and wear the same 5-6 outfit.
There is a difference between padded and semi padded. There is a bra type called t-shirt bra which is made out of a thick padded material this is meant not to be visible under clothing compared to an unlined bra.

Old 08-06-2016, 12:20 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,488,964 times
Quote:
There is a difference between padded and semi padded. There is a bra type called t-shirt bra which is made out of a thick padded material this is meant not to be visible under clothing compared to an unlined bra.
I was going to suggest the t-shirt bra. I'm not as endowed as the OP, so I'm not entirely sure if they make t-shirt bras in all sizes, but that is my go-to bra. I wear them under everything and they're the best at giving coverage and support without lines (as long as my shirt isn't too tight and the bra isn't too tight). I wouldn't call it padded, but it's not made of the thin material that I see in some bras. I always get nipples showing with the thin bras. Hate that look!

Old 08-06-2016, 12:47 PM

1,478 posts, read 1,502,416 times
I have some Vanity Fair brand bras that are a molded cup, you would think its padded but it's really more shaping than padding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty