Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2016, 07:26 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,906,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Well, I agree, but we've been brainwashed to think that way. I'm horrified if I see underarm hair on a woman, but I don't think I should be. It's normal. And the long leg hairs under pantyhose?

I don't pay anyone to do anything to my body. I can do it myself. (lol)

I know, that's another thing! I don't want some stranger down there messing around with my goods. Yeah, yeah, doctors and all, but she ain't no doctor.
Funny you mention these things. First off, though we are brainwashed to see arm pit hair as visually unappealing the bacteria that accumulates in the hair during exercise or heat is hard to remove from hair. I can easily wipe my underarms with a soapy washcloth when my skin is bare and know I am clean.

As for the region below well I am not totally convinced that the waxing over long periods of time doesn't actually stretch the labia skin. I don't need my skin actually stretched out, thank you. And I use Nair on the bikini area and shave the tender parts which is scary to some but I have gotten used to it. There is no itching when the hair grows in since I have gotten used to it. I save a ton of money. And embarrassment. 😊
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2016, 07:58 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,892,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
This was a revealing post -- and I cannot deny that there's truth in it.

However, I really hope-- and believe with all my heart-- if and when we elect a female President that we will begin to change this scenario and start valuing more women for their capabilities and smarts rather than solely for their looks.

Looks are an accident of birth or created by artifice -- smarts are earned and nurtured through education and available to all women irregardless of a pretty face or body.

Women are so much more than Barbie-doll good looks. Look under the surface and see a woman's soul.
That's funny. "Solely for their looks".

SOLELY?

Hyperbole MUCH?

STOP being influence by idiots from Salon, Huffpo and the rest.

You think men can STAND to marry someone SOLELY for her looks?

You realize, of course, why Hillary started wearing ONLY pants?

And I won't even go INTO The list of women SHE and her husband destroyed. And that's just the tip of the iceburg with those two.

Such drama.

Lighten UP. People have decorated their bodies since the beginning of humans. Go to some remote native place and you still see it. Face paint, jewelry and giant holes in body parts like lips, ears noses.

My grandmother born 1904 was NONE of those things you said.

She was 16, with a cleft palate aka "hairlip", eloped with my grandfather out of state to marry. Was the "boss" of the family ie if she wanted a fence and he didn't, she'd get in the car and go buy a fence and put it up when he was at work. And YES she ran the house. SOMEBODY had to and raise the kids.

Other wise you end up with a society of IDIOTS who have no role models, values, and ....oh wait. That's already here.

Hang around with smart people not dumb people who only know what the Kardashians are doing or focusing on fetishes like "waist training". And by smart I don't mean a bunch of academics who THINK they're smart and complain all the time and whine. By SMART I mean happy people who got their lives together. Have jobs they like, friends and family they like and don't waste their lives drinking or getting high.

You must be young. Sex has been going on for quite a while now, and remains a mystery. The people you're describing are in POP CULTURE not the REAL world.

Why Did People Wear Powdered Wigs?

Last edited by runswithscissors; 08-08-2016 at 08:07 PM..

Old 08-08-2016, 08:59 PM

19,427 posts, read 15,236,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeemama View Post
Funny you mention these things. First off, though we are brainwashed to see arm pit hair as visually unappealing the bacteria that accumulates in the hair during exercise or heat is hard to remove from hair. I can easily wipe my underarms with a soapy washcloth when my skin is bare and know I am clean.

As for the region below well I am not totally convinced that the waxing over long periods of time doesn't actually stretch the labia skin. I don't need my skin actually stretched out, thank you. And I use Nair on the bikini area and shave the tender parts which is scary to some but I have gotten used to it. There is no itching when the hair grows in since I have gotten used to it. I save a ton of money. And embarrassment. ��
Lol, I agree! That's the last place you want jowls to form, am I right?

Old 08-08-2016, 09:06 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
To be fair, there are some women who consider wearing a dress or skirt as torture! :P
Count me in.

Old 08-08-2016, 09:43 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,906,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Lol, I agree! That's the last place you want jowls to form, am I right?
So funny! Jowls!😱

Old 08-08-2016, 11:12 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,580,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
If women are honest with themselves, they would admit that in about 95% of cases, women's fashion is for other women.
I disagree with that. I don't care one bit what other women think, and never have. I look in the mirror and think whether that color looks good on me, does the outfit seem appropriate and flatter my figure and face, etc. I don't think about whether another woman OR a man would like it. If I like it and think it flatters me, I assume others will have the same impression, whoever they are. In other words, I try to be the best ME.

I've always been that way.

Old 08-08-2016, 11:35 PM

10 posts, read 6,918 times
Since regardless of all the advancement and woman's rights, ladies are still, and will probably dependably be, esteemed for their looks and judged on their looks to an unendingly more prominent degree than men. Men are judged on status and cash, ladies on looks, paying little respect to their own particular expert or different triumphs. Men will dependably be normally attracted to lovely ladies, it's equitable science - from simply looking after them in the city, to possibly giving them an exceptionally cushy way of life. A lovely lady will dependably appreciate consideration and every one of the advantages it brings, hence heaps of ladies not normally "honored" will go through the motions to mask it and outwardly improve their hopes to attempt and get somewhat nearer to that pined for status of being wonderful.
http://zapatodos.top/16/thanks.png
Straightforward.

Old 08-09-2016, 12:03 AM

10 posts, read 6,918 times
I truly think! one thing that annoys me. Who cares on the off chance that you are not excellent all things considered? You may not be excellent all things considered, but rather I am certain you are lovely within. I like ladies that don't change the way they look since they need to look more excellent. I am absolutely fine with a ladies' normal look, appalling or not. For whatever length of time that she has a decent heart and is pleasant and kind to individuals, I'm fine with her. Fundamentally what I'm stating is I don't care for fake individuals (for this situation, ladies).
http://zapatodos.top/16/thanks.png

Old 08-09-2016, 07:21 AM

48 posts, read 125,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
THIS. All of the examples given were mostly extreme things.

I dress nicely and wear a reasonable amount of makeup. I'm not doing anything uncomfortable.

I can't even believe waist trainers exist in this day and age, considering many Victorian women displaced their internal organs because of tight corsets. Much was written about it and eventually everyone realized it was an unhealthy practice and they fell out of favor.
My general impression is that the women who wear waist trainers are not really that into history. They probably have no idea the history of it and think it is something they 'discovered'.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:31 AM

28,666 posts, read 18,779,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txmg View Post
My general impression is that the women who wear waist trainers are not really that into history. They probably have no idea the history of it and think it is something they 'discovered'.
They don't have to be in to history, they just need to get some advice from actual professional trainers. Post a question to a forum, even.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty