Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 04:00 PM

538 posts, read 731,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
I got raged because you said that you think someone who wears makeup because they like it is "bull****." YOUR words. You are trying to tell us that we are wrong in what we like or don't like which I don't take too kindly to.

As for the question-it was a stupid one which is why I ignored it.

Cat
Makes for great discussions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2016, 04:05 PM

538 posts, read 731,705 times
Why was the question stupid? Did you even think about it for a minute?

Old 08-14-2016, 04:17 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,275,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
Why was the question stupid? Did you even think about it for a minute?

Because it is something that will never happen and why should I waste my time answering. Come to think of it, why am I wasting my time on this thread.

Cat

Old 08-14-2016, 06:00 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,905,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
Because it is something that will never happen and why should I waste my time answering. Come to think of it, why am I wasting my time on this thread.

Cat
I know. Why are people so bothered that women who enjoy the Fashion and Beauty Firum actually like fashion and beauty. So weird.🙄

Old 08-14-2016, 06:35 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,875,082 times
No wonder women are so easily manipulated, we go to war at each other instead of supporting one another. So here is the thing, I'm a bit of both. Some days I love to wear heels, do my hair and other days I'm in yoga pants, no make up shoveling cookie dough down my throat. Why can't we quit trying to label women and just support their independent choices? Peace.

Old 08-14-2016, 06:43 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,875,082 times
Quote:
Anybody who's saying you paint your face because you like it...I call bull****.

If you were in this world alone...not one single person to LOOK at you, you would not be painting your face.

"Maybe you should examine THOSE feelings"...then you wouldn't be so "hard to understand".
I will assume you don't wear make up? And I say good for you (not sarcastic btw), I'm sure you have gorgeous skin because of that. I agree that there are indeed insecurities, social norms, etc., involved for some/many women, it is not your place to judge. Maybe we could start building each other up instead of tearing down?

Old 08-14-2016, 07:15 PM

19,383 posts, read 15,220,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
No wonder women are so easily manipulated, we go to war at each other instead of supporting one another. So here is the thing, I'm a bit of both. Some days I love to wear heels, do my hair and other days I'm in yoga pants, no make up shoveling cookie dough down my throat. Why can't we quit trying to label women and just support their independent choices? Peace.
Exactly. At some times, I can be extremely casual; at others, I get in the mood to adorn myself.

Old 08-14-2016, 07:37 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,106,791 times
Quote:

If you were in this world alone...not one single person to LOOK at you, you would not be painting your face.

"Maybe you should examine THOSE feelings"...then you wouldn't be so "hard to understand".
settle down, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Exactly. At some times, I can be extremely casual; at others, I get in the mood to adorn myself.
Yep. Me too, I hardly wear make up on the weekend... I wear some during the week ~ especially if I've been having bouts of insomnia. I need a little colour those days, and some days I just want to be feminine and wear pretty dresses and wear makeup.

I don't think this needs to be analysed, by any arm-chair psychologists.

Last edited by artemis agrotera; 08-14-2016 at 07:49 PM..

Old 08-14-2016, 09:59 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:

Maybe you wouldn't! But I would still like some makeup around so I can try a different look when I feel like it.

I like to think of it as let's say something like having cashmere sweatpants. Or cashmere socks. No one looking at your pants is going to say: oh those are cashmere. You aren't walking around saying: OMG I have cashemere on. But you get the cozy feeling, and you like it because it feels nice against your skin.

It is up to you to decide if that cozy feeling is worth the effort (or hit to your wallet).

Old 08-15-2016, 12:05 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,671,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
Speak for yourself. I don't know anyone who does that. It's just a fad, and a very dumb one in my opinion.

And as for men....I like to see armpit hair, and find it a turnoff if it's shaved or waxed off.

(Yes, I do understand if one is a body builder, the hair gets in the way of seeing the full musculature, so for those folks, have at it. Otherwise, please leave your male pits unshaven.)

It's personal preference, of course.
One of the funniest things I have seen this year was a guy with a full beard and absolutely no body hair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty