Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2016, 11:08 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron210 View Post
Take out men and replace it with women, I sure would like to know where those women are!!

I am currently online dating, and you would not believe the most negative posters out there trying to get a date. Why can't I find a man? All men want is sex! How many men are going to lie and cheat?? Etc, I tell you it feels GREAT to be generalized..i tell ya.

Some people I think deserve it. Had one telling me that spill, I told her give me a chance. Let me prove to you I am not like the rest. Well, she talked to me and then slowly ghosted away. So a person like that WANTS to be treated that way and they WANT the drama.

I don't, you reap what you sow, and get what you look for. Enough said.
But isn't this more about the way the women are acting, and not about how they're aging (per this thread)?

Even the way they're acting isn't down to aging, so...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2016, 12:07 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,908,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
I'm close to 50 and my take is when I was younger it seemed the women aged worse than the men but now it seems the other way around. I often joke to friends that the women my age are the "best looking generation of middle aged women in human history".

As for the guys, I think one factor is they are fatter than ever. But one factor may involving the whole "losing one's hair" thing. When I was a kid, a significant number of guys covered that up with toupees and such and despite the jokes about them often if they spent the money and didn't "go cheap" they were good enough that most honestly couldn't tell (or they somewhat could but it still looked alright). Nowadays, more just "let it go" or shave their heads. The former obviously looks "older" but the latter may or may not depending on the guy's head shape, skin condition, etc. and even if it it looks "old" per se, it may not be considered to be an "old, tired look" (a lot of people consider even older people with shaved heads to look pretty "badass", think Vin Diesel or Jason Statham for example, who are both close to 50 by the way).
I keep saying it but we, gen- xer women are aging very well due to technology and awareness of skin cancer. Compare actresses of gen-x with boomer actresses at age 50 and the difference is the skincare. Plus, we are so much more knowledgable about food and quality of food. I plan on looking good with my gen- xer hubby till our 70's!!! Woot!

Old 08-12-2016, 12:22 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
There are so many cute guys of all ages here in SoCal. Come on down, Ruth!

It's not that they're not aging, per se, it's more that they tend to keep their sense of fun, they keep dressing cute...it's a collection of things.
SoCal? I thought you were in JerZ...? SoCal might actually be doable for me....

Old 08-12-2016, 12:32 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
SoCal? I thought you were in JerZ...? SoCal might actually be doable for me....
I was in JerZ for 38 years. (Or, in the northeast.)

...but here in SoCal for the past 11.

Old 08-12-2016, 12:34 PM

1,948 posts, read 6,462,935 times
another reason a man ages better, because lines, wrinkles, etc that make a man have a face of stone kind of goes with masculinity

and they dont use make up or hair dye as often as women, and when they lose their hair they just shave it or cut it short, men are low maintenance.

as long as they try to maintain their weight, they age pretty well

Last edited by mr bolo; 08-12-2016 at 12:46 PM..

Old 08-12-2016, 01:13 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
There are so many cute guys of all ages here in SoCal. Come on down, Ruth!

It's not that they're not aging, per se, it's more that they tend to keep their sense of fun, they keep dressing cute...it's a collection of things.
With Nashville being a rapidly growing city with transplants from all over, there ARE attractive men aged 45+ here. Even then, though, I and other women I know find many of them are easily discouraged and offended. They really do often seem to be intimidated by good-looking, fit women their own age.

I think it goes back to something Liberty recently said in this thread or another: when people meet women over a certain age who've taken care of themselves and look good (here on CD, that age seems to be, like, 30 ), it seems to stymie their preconceived notions of what women are supposed to look like at age 40, or 50, or 75.

Old 08-12-2016, 03:12 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Re the OP: I can't stop thinking of vinegar and yogurt.

Old 08-12-2016, 05:53 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
god, in his infinite wisdom,,,, or maybe he has a sense of humor

but guys vision starts going downhill over 45..
about the time women start to look their age ...

also , the sense of "old" or what looks "old" is contemporary with age

for ex if I'm 25 I can usually tell the difference between a 20, 25, 30, 35, 40 45 yr old women

and the 45 yr old woman looks older to me

while as a 50 yr old man,,,the young flowers look pretty good and maybe the 45 yr old lady looks just as good...

I'm sure its the same with women,,,, to some extent

ive got a theory when it comes to aging....I remember 30-40 yrs ago my sister and I looking at old family photos...... someone 40 or 50 really looked old comparatively,,,,it could be because she had a dozen kids...or he was in a war or smoked all his life..
but these folks had a much harder life than we do today and they probly had may more diseases too

the 40-50 yr old generation should look about the youngest of all times,,,probly had comparably easier lives/work,,,,,,didn't smoke for 30 yrs,,,didn't eat 10lbs of lard a month
and stopped worshipping the sun..
40 yrs ago all the women layed out in the sun,,,,you could smell coppertone in every neighborhood

Old 08-12-2016, 07:06 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,406,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Re the OP: I can't stop thinking of vinegar and yogurt.
LOL. I am hungry for Greek food right now.

Old 08-12-2016, 10:31 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,875,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I don't understand why we always have to do this. This is not directed at you, OP, but just in general, why do we always have to have these wars between the sexes where we tear each other apart, discussing who gets older- and uglier-looking first? Same goes for other arguments between the sexes over basic things, differences between us that we don't necessarily have any control over.
This is CD. Arguing and negativity are the baseline themes of all threads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty