Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 09:10 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,330,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Here's how you take care of this situation: You begin as a young child, doing many sorts of progressively-more difficult exercise. You keep this up all through your life, never letting your body have a chance to decline. Also, you eat nothing but wholesome and nutritious food and completely avoid alcohol, caffeine, nicotine and unneeded drugs. Get plenty of sleep and avoid stressful situations. Don't have relationships with irresponsible people who may give you diseases or abuse you. Most important, do not have children. There's already 7.3 billion people on the planet and a contribution from you is not needed. It's all very simple.
Good points, but 70% is genetics, and 30% is life style!
I do not need nicotine, no drugs, not a single one, but I love me my Bud, cheers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2016, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vondutch View Post
Fear of Turkey neck

Got mine packed in ice right now .

Wish me luck *
LOL, does this really help? How does it look after de-frosting?

Old 08-09-2016, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
I believe you are 100% correct! Google "Facial Collapse"...Yikes!

I have microcytic anemia & for the past 5 years it's been "severe" (hemoglobin of 7). This led to Pica (craving of unusual substances...in my case chewing ice).

This past year I have had to have 9 units of blood transfused. That plus the reversal of my tubal that led to the anemia has stopped the Pica in it's tracks.

Unfortunately; I have already managed to fracture all but one opposing molar in my mandible (lower jaw).

I'm "only" 48 but I'm setting my sights on implants NOW...I am NOT letting that happen to me!
What to you mean by ..."reversal of my tubal.."????

Old 08-09-2016, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amman View Post
So I will just keep driving on the expressway late at night!

It 's a lip biter around here...
YES, but it really helps, because it keeps the blood in the lips!....:-)))

Old 08-09-2016, 09:24 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,015,322 times
No fears about aging at all because in my opinion getting older is much better than being in a casket at a young age.

Old 08-09-2016, 09:26 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,015,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
I believe you are 100% correct! Google "Facial Collapse"...Yikes!
I have microcytic anemia & for the past 5 years it's been "severe" (hemoglobin of 7). This led to Pica (craving of unusual substances...in my case chewing ice).

This past year I have had to have 9 units of blood transfused. That plus the reversal of my tubal that led to the anemia has stopped the Pica in it's tracks.

Unfortunately; I have already managed to fracture all but one opposing molar in my mandible (lower jaw).

I'm "only" 48 but I'm setting my sights on implants NOW...I am NOT letting that happen to me!
Craving ice is a common sympton of anemia and has been known for many years.
You also may want to get more than one opinion regarding the implants, with your health issues you may be unable to get them.

Old 08-09-2016, 09:55 PM

336 posts, read 713,672 times
When I was in my late teens, I could pass for 21 without any trouble and people used to tell me I would come to hate the fact that I looked older than I actually was. I'm 42 now and work with many people who are half my age at best. It makes me chuckle every time something about my age is brought up by one of them or a customer as they thought/usually think I was/am in my 20's.

I am thankful for the skincare/cosmetic products I use. :-D

Oh! Please someone tell me how a tubal can lead to being anemic as I've had one. Thank you!

Old 08-09-2016, 10:13 PM

5,586 posts, read 8,359,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 495neighbor View Post
I think this may be related to dental care and loss of teeth and gums. The older generation didn't have the implants, crowns or even good bridge work like we do today.
In my early 50's, I spent the equivalent of a new Mercedes on total mouth reconstruction -- implants, braces, crowns. At the end of five years of work, I had an absolutely beautiful smile. However, now almost 10 years later, the shape of my face has changed as I mentioned above, the mouth is shrunken, the cheeks look sunken and the chin looks pointier. Two prosthodontists have told me nothing has changed in my mouth....teeth haven't shifted, everything's in good shape....so it's just the aging process. Very disappointing. I had a lower facelift at age 50 to get rid of the turkey waddle and it took about 10 years off my face. Now I'm at the point where who really cares....it is what it is.

Old 08-09-2016, 10:19 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,539,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Here's how you take care of this situation: You begin as a young child, doing many sorts of progressively-more difficult exercise. You keep this up all through your life, never letting your body have a chance to decline. Also, you eat nothing but wholesome and nutritious food and completely avoid alcohol, caffeine, nicotine and unneeded drugs. Get plenty of sleep and avoid stressful situations. Don't have relationships with irresponsible people who may give you diseases or abuse you. Most important, do not have children. There's already 7.3 billion people on the planet and a contribution from you is not needed. It's all very simple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rent.in.nyc View Post
Good points, but 70% is genetics, and 30% is life style!
I do not need nicotine, no drugs, not a single one, but I love me my Bud, cheers!
Reverse those numbers to 70% lifestyle. Assuming your genetics are good enough to allow you to reach adulthood.

Old 08-09-2016, 11:41 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,339,860 times
None, really. I don't think I've given it much thought. Hopefully I'll age like my mother. Apart from lifestyle routines/practices, it really comes down to genetics. There are things I want to restore in the more near future, but I don't have specific age-related fears if we're just talking looks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty