Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2016, 02:28 AM

780 posts, read 678,212 times

Advertisements

I used to. I did it for tank tops (not a camisole), Tees, pants...that I can remember.

I used to buy and hold on to "just in case" replacement clothes because they went on sale...but then I realized by the time the clothes fell apart on me, I was ready to move on to other things and I never ended up wearing everything I bought. In reality, I ended up spending a lot more than I needed.

Since trying to be a minimalist and trying to follow Project333, I don't anymore. Though, it kind of look like I still do, because I now find a more coherent outfit and I somehow gravitate towards the same things lol. I have 4 v neck tees in my closet, 3 different brands, but it looks like I just bought the same thing of different color, because they are all practically identical lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2016, 04:59 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times
I always do at the end of season clearances.

I work outside a lot and tend to ruin many of my clothes so I look for deals. I have t-shirts in all different colors(the brighter the better) now that are about 5 years old. THey are just basic v-neck tee's by Hanes but they are my favorite.

I also buy zippered sweatshirts in bulk. I have been wearing the same type for decades and they work for me around the farm.

Socks, bras and underwear I will also buy in bulk. I haven't bought bras in 10 years or so and I finally need some new ones. After spending an afternoon trying on some new ones I am kicking myself for not buying more 10 years ago. They don't make my bra anymore. Same goes for my underwear. Sadly they do not make string bikinis anymore.

I do buy jeans in bulk and I have blues and blacks in different sizes and brands. I must have 30 pairs of jeans but I buy then used and have never spent more than $3.00 a pair. That may be one one addiction

Old 09-12-2016, 05:43 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
I've done it for years, especially with shoes. I have narrow feet, so when I find a shoe that stays on, BING! I also do it with pants.
I was thinking about doing that with my latest running shoe. I have narrow feet too, and so many shoes now are made for wide feet, not narrow feet. I finally discovered Mizuno and those shoes are wonderful! I found Mizunos on sale and I wanted to buy two pairs of the same style in different colors, but decided against it. Because the style has been out for a while, if my feet change size or their preferences change, I wouldn't be able to return the unworn pair. And at $70/pair, even on sale they're an investment.

Old 09-13-2016, 01:13 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,642,872 times
Black pants
black skirts
Anything Eileen Fisher
white blouses
Anything Estee Lauder
Any Kendra Scott jewelry

you cannot have enough of the above, ever.

Old 09-14-2016, 03:58 PM

2,335 posts, read 4,148,399 times
Banana Republic Chinos (I don't even have to try them on), Criquet polos (as mentioned in the polos thread) and John Varvatos Converse.

Old 09-14-2016, 08:02 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,312,898 times
If I like something, I may buy multiple colors of it.
  • The shirt I wore tonight, as a matter of fact, I own in both ecru and a light pastel green.
  • I own a particular sleeveless shell in white, black, and cornflower blue, and in fact I own it in two sizes in the black and white versions.
  • I have one pair of jeans that I have in both a 14 and a 12. I bought them 4 years ago when I was losing weight and actually bought a 16 also, which I wore out and had to throw away. I've been in the 14s for a while now and keep hoping I'll be in the 12s before long.
  • The sandals I wore tonight I own in black and tan, and in fact I have a second pair of black ones -- still in the box, never worn -- already in my closet, ready for next year.
  • I have a particular summer-weight cardigan that I own in both navy and black

Old 09-16-2016, 04:07 AM

32,922 posts, read 36,316,341 times
I've done it. Quite a bit of it has been underwear, long underwear, socks, and that sort of thing, but I've also bought T-shirts and knit dresses in multiples.

Old 09-16-2016, 07:18 PM

14,246 posts, read 14,720,946 times
I always advocated if you liked it and it looked good on you then buy several. A few moths ago a young woman remarked how much she liked my shirt. I went and bought 3 more in different colors......LOL

Old 11-13-2018, 01:54 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times
Very rarely do I do this, but I've done it a couple of times.

I'll buy 2 of the same stylish black top if I know I'll wear it often & I like it that much.

I've bought a few of a certain style of H&M boatneck, gauzy material top that were on sale in the colors black, wine, & deep orange.

I've bought a few Madewell v-neck t-shirts in a few colors, but a couple each in the same colors.

Old 11-13-2018, 02:27 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,096,073 times
Yes.

I buy TopShop Jamie Moto white jeans all the time. I must have 30 (yes 30) pair.

Sam Edelman shoes. I have two pair of the Sheri in nude because they are so comfortable. I have the Patti and Ariella in five colors each.

However, when it comes to pumps, only the Manolo Blahnik BB 105s. I've been wearing them for years and one of my pair I bought in 1997. I have them in five colors.

This summer I went on a sock bootie run and bought four pair. Living in such a hot climate, that's about it for my winter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty