Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2016, 08:28 AM

1,347 posts, read 945,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa2011 View Post
No one tells us about this when we're young but it turns out, it's worthwhile to take some measurements and do a decent bra-fitting every 10 years or so. Stuff changes.
I would recommend more often than that, especially if you notice your bra does not seem to be fitting correctly. At least every year or two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2016, 08:33 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,896,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
For me, once puberty was said and done I was a 36B(got sized) This was my size up until I was pregnant with my son and then I wore a 36C. After I had my son, I breastfed for 15 months, so my boobs had gotten very small, and actually seemed smaller in size than pre-pregnancy. I then began wearing a 34B. This size fit fine up until earlier this year when my bras started fitting weird. They just weren't holding my chest the right way. I got sized last week, and I'm a 34C now... The bra's I've gotten fit great, and I'm not having my breasts aren't popping out anymore. What's strange is that my boobs also look bigger than how they used to--pre pregnancy and after breastfeeding. Even in shirts I notice the change.

I'm not on birth control, have actually lost weight, and I can't think of any reason my chest grew... I'm 29 btw. I'm not complaining but it's just very weird. Earlier this year I was thinking about breast implants and how great they would be if I could move up a size since breast feeding changed the game lol, but once I realized I just needed to love myself regardless and not waste the money, I let it go. I'm curious if someone women have had this randomly happen to them in their late twenties?
Well, hormones for one thing.

Lemme see:

34 B
36 C pregnant (weight gain and breast milk)
34 B (weight loss and milk gone)
34 C

Going from a B to a C is a bigger boob. It's the cup not the diameter you're seeing.

They probably looked smaller in no bra because they're flatter and a little droopier. It takes a minute for things to adjust after pregnancy. I had carpel tunnel syndrome and thank goodness it left after I had the baby but not 100% for a few months.

So you got a bigger boob after being pregnant, then again after your boobs went "back to normal" after 15 mos of breastfeeding. But not REALLY normal since the cup size was diminished after being sucked dry LOL.

My guess is it's also just the bras you have been buying.

And if you went to a place that "sized you", then it's likely you bought a better bra or a different bra.

All the bra people say women make the same mistake. Upsizing the diameter but not the cup. They usually end up making the diameter smaller just like with you. It also can make a difference if you're wearing stretched out garments, or let the shoulder strap adjustment go down - giving you droopy boobs, etc

Just raising up the adjustment on the shoulder strap can make a big improvement.

AND the fabric. Or padding/no padding.

I can buy 6 different bras all the same size and they'll all feel different, look different and act different. Maybe even be too small - or have side boob etc

Last edited by runswithscissors; 08-18-2016 at 08:52 AM..

Old 08-18-2016, 08:39 AM

3,063 posts, read 3,272,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Are you possibly pregnant again?
Definitely not.

Old 08-18-2016, 09:01 AM

7,057 posts, read 9,080,994 times
Does no one here know how bras are sized?

the '36' is the size of the band, the cup 'letter' denotes an amount (ratio) larger than the band size. If you lose weight and go from a measurement of 36" down to a measurement of 34" (indicating a loss of 2" around the chest), but your breast size remains unchanged, then the relative difference is greater, which translates to an increased letter/cup size.

Google "bra sizing".

Old 08-18-2016, 09:33 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reen79 View Post
Mine have also grown as i got older. i'm 37...no kids, never been pregnant.....i haven't gained weight....It is pretty weird! I think its just hormonal or an aging thing.....
That happened to me too, in my mid-20s. My weight shifted a bit. No weight change.

Old 08-18-2016, 03:45 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,455,196 times
Nope! Like my paycheck each week, its gone before it has a chance to increase in the bank.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty