Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 09:37 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,663,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiecta View Post
i just bought an oatmeal colored waffle henley, an olive green waffle henley, an off-white ribbed lightweight sweater, a new pair of black skinny jeans, and some cognac leather boots with some blue detailing.
The boots sound awesome ! Could you send a pic.

I love boots, they look great with everything !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2016, 12:14 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,575,229 times
I've been looking for a casual button-up jacket in olive drab or similar shade, something I can dress up with a tie-neck blouse or dress down with different tops. Similar to a jean jacket, but not blue denim. I'm tall so jackets tend to be too short in the arms. I also want a fitted shape.

Old 09-26-2016, 08:18 PM

4,162 posts, read 6,851,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70's Music Girl View Post
The boots sound awesome ! Could you send a pic.

I love boots, they look great with everything !
Sure! I'll post a picture here. I'm a guy though just so you know (some people don't always know by the name! haha) so they are men's boots. But I do think they are very nice looking boots - loved the blue detailing. Very comfortable too.

Old 09-27-2016, 03:45 AM

1 posts, read 740 times
Jacket,I recently bought a Army Green Long Sleeve Zip Jacket, I love it!!!

Old 09-27-2016, 09:07 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,875,433 times
I love boots too. The more people talk about boots here the more I want them. Probably fairly short ones. But on the girly/sexy side.

Old 09-27-2016, 10:08 AM

As a guy, I wear some sort of boots year round (much less frequently in the spring/summer), but I wear them quite a bit in the fall/winter. I typically buy 1-2 new pairs every year. And they hold up well, so I end up with a lot of options haha.

Old 09-27-2016, 10:32 AM

9,885 posts, read 10,907,812 times
Fall fashion items??
Sorry, I don't do "fashion", I do "function".
This year, I have no need to replace, or add to, my "functional" fall and winter wear.
Everything I have is just fine for another year or 5.
Well, my Red Wing boots are borderline, but I think they will last another winter, especially if I give them a good coating of Hubbard's Shoe Grease. (Yeah, the stuff that smells kinda like sheep dip!)

Old 09-27-2016, 10:54 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,875,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Fall fashion items??
Sorry, I don't do "fashion", I do "function".
This year, I have no need to replace, or add to, my "functional" fall and winter wear.
Everything I have is just fine for another year or 5.
Well, my Red Wing boots are borderline, but I think they will last another winter, especially if I give them a good coating of Hubbard's Shoe Grease. (Yeah, the stuff that smells kinda like sheep dip!)
I always randomly wonder (this isn't a criticism) what people who have zero interest in fashion find appealing about a fashion board, LOL.

Again, I'm not criticizing. You are welcome here and you're as free to post as the next person. I just am puzzled by people who come here to announce that fashion is basically the dumbest idea ever. How does this happen...does a post title just catch your eye when you're scrolling down the board categories or something?

As I said: regardless, welcome.

Old 09-27-2016, 11:01 AM

6,470 posts, read 16,336,737 times
I buy my fall clothes in the off season. There are two new dresses that I got that are knee length. Usually I like above the knee. One is a wool check, and one is some sort of rayon poly blend. One of the thick ones, so it looks OK. Got compliments on it. I also just go my new pair of UGGS.

Old 09-27-2016, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I always randomly wonder (this isn't a criticism) what people who have zero interest in fashion find appealing about a fashion board, LOL.

Again, I'm not criticizing. You are welcome here and you're as free to post as the next person. I just am puzzled by people who come here to announce that fashion is basically the dumbest idea ever. How does this happen...does a post title just catch your eye when you're scrolling down the board categories or something?

As I said: regardless, welcome.
I wonder the same exact thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty