Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you take makeup?
Yes. 19 48.72%
No. 20 51.28%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 10:02 AM

3,125 posts, read 3,009,957 times

Advertisements

Yes. I wear makeup even when I'm at home all by myself.

Old 09-11-2016, 10:27 AM

1,640 posts, read 791,258 times
I answered no, but on second thought it would depend. I do not wear makeup with male friends and family. I wear makeup at work because I figure appearance matters. So, if this island were a work function type thing I would wear makeup. If it were a naked and afraid situation I would prefer sunblock.

Old 09-11-2016, 10:40 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,332,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post
Yes. I wear makeup even when I'm at home all by myself.
Good for you, so do I, I like to put some color on my face, lips and eyes that is!....:-))

Old 09-11-2016, 10:59 AM

16,012 posts, read 21,025,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
Do all of the NOs have anything in common? Religious, white collar, blue collar, flawless features/dont need it, negative influence from others (SO thinks negatively towards those who wear makeup), etc?
Not really any of those for me, except I never felt I needed it. Not that I'm flawless, lol, but I had fairly decent skin and no blemishes to cover, plus I made peace with my freckles at an early age and never felt a need to cover them up. Pretty much a 'what you see is what you get' philosophy. I never lacked for companionship so I never felt a need to change it.

Old 09-11-2016, 12:44 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,053,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggshellz View Post
I have heard the only reason women wear makeup is because of men,
You heard WRONG.

Chanel lipstick in Coco Red.

Old 09-11-2016, 01:09 PM

997 posts, read 932,655 times
I wear make-up when I go out of the house usually. I don't wear a lot but it is a lifetime habit.

I do not wear make-up to attract men. I wear it because I think it makes me look better. I feel put together when I have my makeup on because it is my habit. I do it for me, not to attract men.

That is just like wearing nice clothes. We dress to please ourselves and we want to look nice for people in general when we go out to mingle with the world.

If I was on the tropical island I might not feel like wearing my makeup, but I might. I would bring it.

Old 09-11-2016, 01:45 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,566,225 times
For several years I worked a job in which we were open to the public only seasonally - 6 months of the year. The rest of the year there was a skeleton staff of males and females who kept working, and often the work caused us to get dirty.

I rarely wore makeup to work during off season.

One day during off-season one of my (female) staff members asked me why I didn't wear makeup (she did).

My response was: Why would I wear makeup if no one is here to see me (except other staff I see every day)? Besides, I don't like to wear makeup when I know I'm going to get dirty - it just seems unsanitary (clogged pores, etc.)

And finally, although I didn't say this to her out loud, I still remember something my sister once said to me when we were young: "Makeup is for secretaries." Yes, we were a snobby family. I still kind of have the point of view that women who use makeup excessively are new money or lower class.

Old 09-11-2016, 02:01 PM

22,420 posts, read 47,411,742 times
Quote:
I have heard the only reason women wear makeup is because of men
Your premise is flawed....

Old 09-11-2016, 02:45 PM

15,209 posts, read 10,238,419 times
Is this a "survivor type" trip or a vacation? If a vacation I would bring make-up for going out for dinner.

Old 09-11-2016, 03:53 PM

44,316 posts, read 19,982,912 times
Quote:
Oh, and in this scenario there aren't any modern amenities/conveniences/creature comforts. Just an otherwise deserted island where you would have to build your own shelter, and forage for food. There are 25 women and there is enough food for all for one month but that is assuming none of the other women get greedy and take more than they need per day. Other than that once all the food is gone you won't be given anymore till the year is over.
This is a completely different scenario from the opening post. People are replying to two different questions. Also, numerous off-topic and inappropriate posts have been deleted. Consequently, this thread is now closed.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.