Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 09:44 AM

40 posts, read 273,039 times

Advertisements

I would like to try a new face wash, something to keep my face and pores really clean! I like the exfoliating type stuff, those tiny beads make my face feel extra clean What do you all use or would recommend? thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2008, 10:10 AM

667 posts, read 2,300,555 times
I absolutely LOVE St. Ives Apricot Scrub. I'm pretty sure it comes in medicated & non-medicated, but I get the medicated bc I am prone to acne.
It is by far one of the very best facial cleansers I've ever used, just ask Cosmo!! JJ
I would recommend it to anyone any day of the week!

Old 02-08-2008, 10:48 AM

I love st ives lotions, maybe I'll try the face scrub too, thanks!

Old 02-08-2008, 11:29 AM

305 posts, read 1,609,939 times
I'd suggest staying clear of the apricot scrub, the apricot pits are what they use as the scrubbers and they can actually give you micro-cuts on your face, which can lead to inflammation and infection.

If you like the scrubbies, Aveda makes a really nice, natural scrub with scrubbers that won't actually hurt your skin. As does Neutrogena.

Cetaphil does not have scrubbies, but is well known for being a gentle wash on even the most sensitive skin.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyKnox View Post
I'd suggest staying clear of the apricot scrub, the apricot pits are what they use as the scrubbers and they can actually give you micro-cuts on your face, which can lead to inflammation and infection.

If you like the scrubbies, Aveda makes a really nice, natural scrub with scrubbers that won't actually hurt your skin. As does Neutrogena.

Cetaphil does not have scrubbies, but is well known for being a gentle wash on even the most sensitive skin.
I can understand how that would happen, but I've been using Apricot scrub for about 6 years now & it has done nothing but help me.
I guess it varies from one person to the next! As most things. But thanks for putting that out there, especially for those with sensitive skin.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:41 AM

307 posts, read 2,507,772 times
I use this one from Clarins over years, and my skin is pretty clean.

Product Page

and the best part: it last long.

Old 02-08-2008, 12:04 PM

My skin can be pretty sensitive so thats good to know thanks. They make so many different products nowadays its hard to choose. When we women go to the store to buy beauty stuff like this there is a whole big isle or two and men just have this little ity bity section hah!

Old 02-08-2008, 12:42 PM

841 posts, read 4,839,467 times
I have also been told to stay away from apricot scrubs for my face...too harsh for most people. I use Origins "Swept Away" and love it. It's a gentle exfoliant and has a really nice scent to it. I do use St. Ives Apricot scrub on my body, just not face.

Old 02-08-2008, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers19 View Post
I have also been told to stay away from apricot scrubs for my face...too harsh for most people. I use Origins "Swept Away" and love it. It's a gentle exfoliant and has a really nice scent to it. I do use St. Ives Apricot scrub on my body, just not face.
I must have tough skin... bc the Apricot Scrub works WONDERS for my face, pores & all!
Well, now I'm wondering if I should try these other listed products........
I feel outdated.

Old 02-08-2008, 02:47 PM

302 posts, read 922,093 times
There's is a gentle version of the Apricot Scrub. I'm not sure how well it works, but you can check into that too.

I have used apricot scrub, Clearasil, and Neutrogena, and I can say honestly that I have never had acne. I don't know if that's a testament to the washes or to my skin, but still.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty