Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 06:15 AM

20 posts, read 13,086 times

Advertisements

Ladies and Gents, whats your limit before a you deem it inappropriate for dates?

The boyfriend and I have been dating for three months and we're in the "comfort" zone - I feel comfortable around him but I did play hard to get for a while. I've never dressed super sexy around him - besides it's still pretty chilly here down under and I'm in the mood to sort of tease but not go over the top. I'm generally quite conservative so this will sort of surprise him! Being 5'4" I am quite blessed to have small thin arms and full C cups.

The most cleavage from memory I have ever had worn was a singlet top which was very low cut - revealing almost 5-6 inches, but I've only worn that once. I do get a kick out of the attention but I don't think I'll ever wear it again - it was just a bit too much attention from men that I didn't want it from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2016, 07:02 AM

5,452 posts, read 4,054,839 times
I am fairly well endowed but I prefer not to show cleavage, except my bathing suit where I can't help it (the current suit, next one I buy will cover some more).

As far as looking at it, I just want to say, cleavage is OK but when I am looking at your abdomen between or underneath, it looks kind of weird.

I agree with you as far as unwanted attention from men.

Old 09-13-2016, 11:22 AM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
This: https://kawnliee.com/acceptable-levels-of-cleavage/

Old 09-13-2016, 12:31 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Doesn't it depend upon the circumstance?

I mean...

In the office - maybe a quarter-inch crack.

Clubbing - try to make sure the nipples are covered, and after that, anything goes.

Parent/teacher conference - covered up to the neck so nobody calls CPS, unless of course the teacher is male and you're trying to boost your child's grade.

...and so on.

As for dates specifically, really, it still depends upon the circumstance. I mean I doubt I'd be wearing a short skirt and a ton of cleavage for a coffee date. Or really any date where I wasn't counting on getting l*id. Honestly, for a first date I don't mind showing off "a bit" but it's never going to be a ridiculously overflowing amount of boobage popping out of everywhere.

Old 09-13-2016, 12:37 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
HA HA, I love where it says "perfectly ok" v. "wh*re".

Oh my goodness, needed a little laugh today, thanks.

Old 09-13-2016, 12:54 PM

4,566 posts, read 5,421,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide70 View Post
How much cleavage (before it gets too much?.
Just dress for what is appropriate for the weather and the event you are attending, and make sure YOU feel confident in what you wear. It isnt up to anyone else to tell you what is too much or too little. No us. Not your boyfriend. No one. Just wear what YOU feel comfortable in and everyone is happy. Stop seeking outside counsel from strangers on the internet for what they feel is appropriate or inappropriate for YOU.

Old 09-13-2016, 02:01 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,777,511 times
It depends on the date and the person. Women that are busty seem to catch a lot more flak and more stink-eye and more shame for showing the same amount of cleavage that people wouldn't bat an eyelash over a smaller woman wearing to a PTO meeting or to church. So just go with what you feel comfortable and confident in and see what kind of reaction you get.

Old 09-13-2016, 02:59 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,167,759 times
I don't have any advice, particularly if you are young. After age 45, just make sure showing cleavage does not also show a wrinkle. I've seen that a few times, and I don't think it is a good look.

You know what I mean? The wrinkle that shows when the pushup bra pushes up against the chest skin and causes a wrinkle?
That is not a youthful look, IMO.

Old 09-13-2016, 06:00 PM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Older women can show more cleavage than younger with no problems. I am now in my 60s, have always had a large chest. When younger I was far more demure and covered up more. Now I feel free - I show what I want, and it's OK because I am mature. I am comfortable now with who I am and I dress in a way that pleases me. No, I do not dress like a "*****" or anything, I don't like that look, but I don't mind showing off cleavage, it is one of the assets I still have going for me at my age. Age does matter in these situations. Everyone should dress how they feel comfortable.

Old 09-13-2016, 06:11 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,226,281 times
Post some pictures and I'll give an opinion
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty