Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 10:25 PM

671 posts, read 854,063 times

Advertisements

Yes. Please Botox. More men need to start taking care of their appearance. Just don't overdo it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2016, 09:35 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,961,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Raccoon View Post
It happened 2 years ago, right after my gf of 2 years dumped me because I was too old for her. Granted, she was 26 and I was 43, but I felt like we had built something very positive and sustainable.

Anyway, the breakup forced me to look in the mirror and realize that my age was now a determinant in who I was able to have a long term relationship with. Basically, I looked older and there was nothing I could do about it. Meanwhile, my stbx wife was going strong with her younger man who she is now married to. So it was sort of like kicking dirt in my face while I was down.

I did not handle this realization very well. I entered a bit of a self destructive phase, partied too much, had a string of flings with very young women and just became depressed and very lonely. That's when I started therapy and began to recover and accept who I am and appreciate that person.
Usually age means also maturity. Why not work on that and find a woman your own age instead of hanging out with kids? You don't need to keep up with your ex.

Old 09-20-2016, 09:49 AM

594 posts, read 379,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Usually age means also maturity. Why not work on that and find a woman your own age instead of hanging out with kids? You don't need to keep up with your ex.
Women in their early to mid 30s are not kids. They are the ones I typically date, and will continue to.

Old 09-20-2016, 09:56 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,346,558 times
Quote:
It happened 2 years ago, right after my gf of 2 years dumped me because I was too old for her. Granted, she was 26 and I was 43, but I felt like we had built something very positive and sustainable.

Anyway, the breakup forced me to look in the mirror and realize that my age was now a determinant in who I was able to have a long term relationship with. Basically, I looked older and there was nothing I could do about it. Meanwhile, my stbx wife was going strong with her younger man who she is now married to. So it was sort of like kicking dirt in my face while I was down.

I did not handle this realization very well. I entered a bit of a self destructive phase, partied too much, had a string of flings with very young women and just became depressed and very lonely. That's when I started therapy and began to recover and accept who I am and appreciate that person.
OK, I usually (exclusively?) offer snark in your threads but this is ........different. That experience had to hurt. Date who you want and do what you want with your appearance, but think about what you've been through and how it may be affecting your self esteem. Recognize that your ex wife may very well be dealing with the same sort of issues and that may be driving her choices, but in any case her choices don't need to be your concern. I know I just wrote that, but that was and is a tough one for me with my ex.

Anyway, keep at the therapy and get in one place emotionally and stay there for a while. You seem to be frantically searching without even knowing what you're looking for. I only say that because I recognize it from personal experience.

Old 09-20-2016, 10:02 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,961,186 times
Quote:
Women in their early to mid 30s are not kids. They are the ones I typically date, and will continue to.
You said she was 26 and you are 43.

I house students from work, they are in their early to mid 20s and they are clearly kids. If you are on the same maturity level and connect well with a person 17 years younger than you, then I think this is a red flag.

Old 09-20-2016, 11:28 AM

594 posts, read 379,856 times
Quote:

I house students from work, they are in their early to mid 20s and they are clearly kids. If you are on the same maturity level and connect well with a person 17 years younger than you, then I think this is a red flag.
My last gf was 26 but I don't date women in their 20s anymore. Learned that lesson.

Old 09-21-2016, 11:54 AM

61 posts, read 35,763 times
Yes, please do it! You feel happy, why not?

Old 09-22-2016, 08:58 PM

104 posts, read 276,595 times
Quote:

I don't think it's a red flag, she could just have a higher level of maturity than her peers. It's not like she was early 20s; mid to late 20s you're typically out of college and have been working in the real world as an independent adult for a while. A friend of mine was 26 when she married a guy in his early 40s. They're both mature adults and are still married 8 years later with a baby. Everyone is different.

Old 09-27-2016, 09:46 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,744,304 times
Strange that any guy would care about wrinkles. I am almost 50 and have no wrinkles that I can see. Still have a full head of hair too. Not one grey hair anywhere. Yet guys I know who look far older have no trouble meeting women, because they have high incomes. With men its not the wrinkles but the wallet. As an asexual, I could care less about women, and don't have sex with them. Just the thoghtt of it is horrible. Forget the Botox, just keep up with a fit body and be happy.

Old 09-28-2016, 09:48 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,627,689 times
Botox is your friend.
I have been doing botox and filler for years.
the botox makes you look relaxed and fresh like you had a good nights sleep.
It last about 7 - 8 months.
make sure you have a determologist do it, not Aunt Tillys cousin that lives down the block, you dont want that.

I love it, it makes you look good and that in turn make you feel good.
I dont want wrinkles on my face, thats what is is there for....
It takes about 2 days to really kick in to see results.

I'm a middle age man with grown kids, but ofcourse I look ten times better than other middle age men my age.
Botox is your friend.

A determologist is the best person to do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty