Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2016, 12:23 PM

15,218 posts, read 10,339,085 times

Advertisements

I don't know if I would ever do Botox. Who knows what health problems it may cause in the future. If you were a woman I would tell you to get a haircut with some bangs as bangs are a cheap forehead "lift" but I can't think of any men's styles with bangs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2016, 01:14 PM

594 posts, read 380,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
What was your first mid-life crisis?!
It happened 2 years ago, right after my gf of 2 years dumped me because I was too old for her. Granted, she was 26 and I was 43, but I felt like we had built something very positive and sustainable.

Anyway, the breakup forced me to look in the mirror and realize that my age was now a determinant in who I was able to have a long term relationship with. Basically, I looked older and there was nothing I could do about it. Meanwhile, my stbx wife was going strong with her younger man who she is now married to. So it was sort of like kicking dirt in my face while I was down.

I did not handle this realization very well. I entered a bit of a self destructive phase, partied too much, had a string of flings with very young women and just became depressed and very lonely. That's when I started therapy and began to recover and accept who I am and appreciate that person.

Old 09-18-2016, 01:29 PM

15,218 posts, read 10,339,085 times
My late husband was 46 (and looked every bit of it) and I was 26 (looked much younger) when we met. I didn't care about the outward appearance and when you find the right woman she won't care either. Most women are looking for a man with a good personality, a sense of humor and stability in both his business and personal life. She's not going to look at a wrinkle or two on your forehead and think "heck no, he's got wrinkles". :-)

All the Botox in the world isn't going to make a woman love you. Be yourself and stop worrying about a few wrinkles on your forehead.

Old 09-18-2016, 01:37 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,034,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
My late husband was 46 (and looked every bit of it) and I was 26 (looked much younger) when we met. I didn't care about the outward appearance and when you find the right woman she won't care either. Most women are looking for a man with a good personality, a sense of humor and stability in both his business and personal life. She's not going to look at a wrinkle or two on your forehead and think "heck no, he's got wrinkles". :-)

All the Botox in the world isn't going to make a woman love you. Be yourself and stop worrying about a few wrinkles on your forehead.
So even though the OP is specifically and exclusively (per his many posts on CD) targeting significantly younger women, he deserves to find a much younger woman who won't judge him on his age? Because wow, that would be shallow of her. What a loser that woman must be...I mean anyone who would refuse to go out with someone based on age is just...is...

..uh...

Whoops, never mind...

The ex dumping you based on your age difference plus your ex-wife having a younger man explains a lot, OP. I don't think you need botox, I think you need to continue with your therapy. I mean you can still get the botox, sure, but a few needles are never going to touch what is obviously boiling on the inside. Have the botox because you are curious and you want to try it. But until you fix what is in the inside, no amount of injections will make your heart feel any better.

Old 09-18-2016, 01:40 PM

594 posts, read 380,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post

This is my mom's opinion as well. Eh, I'm still on the fence. To be honest, if I get a relationship going with one of the girls I'm dating then I'll probably just remain natural. I'll know that they accept me as I am. But if nothing pans out I might give botox a try. I probably sound like a major basket case but I could take botox or leave it. It's not something I need, just something I'm thinking about.

Old 09-18-2016, 01:47 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,034,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Raccoon View Post
. I probably sound like a major basket case
Yes.

Stop running around in circles and just take a step back, SLOW DOWN, and talk to your therapist. Honestly. Don't tell her what you know she wants to hear and don't throw out tons of catch phrases therapists enjoy. Be 100% honest. STOP all this hysterical tail-chasing and get help *inside* or you will just keep crashing and burning.

Old 09-18-2016, 01:48 PM

34 posts, read 34,036 times
Research detox water; it was similar anti-aging effects. You deserve to look your best until the day you die. Do it the natural way.

Old 09-18-2016, 01:52 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,264,017 times
I'd do my research on doctors before I'd let one touch me. Go to realselfdotcom and research everything! I have nothing against procedures as long as it's done right and for the right reasons. Trying to attract someone is the wrong way to go. If you're happy with your face now I'd wait until the wrinkles actually appear and just continue the facial regime already in progress. Either way good luck.

Old 09-18-2016, 03:10 PM

17 posts, read 12,728 times
I scone the poster that said try it. I am your age & had it once, I have a deep line between my eyebrows p & I liked that it made it less noticeable.

The weird frozen face is from too much Botox plus fillers.

I also agree that you should wear your sunscreen daily and drink lots of water.

Old 09-18-2016, 03:42 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,402,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Raccoon View Post
Well, as I said, I don't want to change my face. I like my face. But if I can make some subtle improvements then that's appealing to me. As I said, I already get facials and peels to mitigate sun damage, so a little botox placed judiciously I think would be a minor procedure.

Btw, I've already been through my mid life crisis. It was not a fun a time, but I made it through in one piece.
You sound very level-headed, I think you'll do fine and figure out for yourself how much is best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty