Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2016, 12:26 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,794,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Excellent suggestions in post #6.
Already responded.

Quote:
And I don't see rude... I see someone trying to get the point across, since you seem intent on missing it!
Please keep in mind, though, that I got my inspiration(s) in fashion from actual women!

Also, Yes, I certainly (and unfortunately) do see rudeness in that other post.

Old 09-18-2016, 12:28 PM

15,218 posts, read 10,312,234 times
How about going through some clothing catalogs that are geared for 24 year olds? Through the years I've gotten a lot of inspiration from catalogs.

Old 09-18-2016, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
How about going through some clothing catalogs that are geared for 24 year olds? Through the years I've gotten a lot of inspiration from catalogs.
Do such clothing catalogs actually exist for free online, though?

Old 09-18-2016, 12:31 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,077,083 times
Ditch the socks and shoes. The socks look like part of a halloween costume/very childish. The sneakers are just awful in general, imo.

I don't have an issue with the sweater/shorts combo. I'd pair it with simple black keds, flats, or ankle boots.

We all have our own style though, so in the end you should wear what YOU like. I like where you're going with the look, just not a fan of the socks/shoes.

Also, look on pinterest if you want more inspiration.

Old 09-18-2016, 12:32 PM

22,587 posts, read 47,660,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post

Also, Yes, I certainly (and unfortunately) do see rudeness in that other post.
Then you better get thicker skin, because most people will think - and even say - the same thing if you wear that outfit in public.

It is nowhere near the "sporty, pretty, and fashionable" that you claim to want.

Old 09-18-2016, 12:43 PM

29,744 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
Then you better get thicker skin, because most people will think - and even say - the same thing if you wear that outfit in public.

It is nowhere near the "sporty, pretty, and fashionable" that you claim to want.
Celebrities like Gaga or Gwen Stefani might be able to pull a costumey outfit like that off, but they're not regular people doing regular people things. It's guaranteed that if the OP wears something like that in public, they're going to get looks (and whispers of the "sweetie, what is all this?" variety) If that's what they're going for, great, but actual sporty, pretty, and fashionable women don't wear what's being described.

Also, none of those reds match, so all together it would look awful.

Old 09-18-2016, 01:04 PM

3,167 posts, read 4,002,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
So, is Taylor Swift's outfit here also a "clown outfit"? :

http://cdn03.cdn.justjaredjr.com/wp-...s-windy-03.jpg

Well, why do some--if not many--women wear sweaters with clothes which expose their legs (such as Taylor Swift, above)?

Any suggestions on fixing this?

So, should I get rid of both the red lipstick and the dangly earrings?

That outfit certainly isn't my style, though!

What about replacing the sneakers with black ankle boots, though?
You can't copy celebrities or tween girls. Real women don't do that. They would look ridiculous, just as we would if we actually wore the things you see in fashion magazines, including the clothing.

What concerns me most about your intent to dress as a woman, is that you seem to want to be not a real woman, but some fantasy version of a woman that doesn't exist. Look around any real place and see how many women are wearing bright red lipstick. I guarantee it will be almost none, unless you live in LA and hang out on the red carpet. See how many above the age of 20 can actually carry off a pair of red short shorts. Again, few to none. Likewise, you aren't going to see a lot of striped knee socks outside of elementary school. You can't claim to want to look like a woman if the idea of "woman" in your head doesn't match reality. I'd like to look like Taylor Swift, too, but that's probably at least as impossible for me as it is for you. Perhaps you have fallen for the fashion industry's version of women that has caused so many of us so much difficulty in life. At some point we accept that we can't, no matter how hard we try, look like that or wear those clothes and look good (or afford those clothes to begin with). You may need to come to the same acceptance that the rest of us have.

Old 09-18-2016, 01:07 PM

Quote:

Out of curiosity--in your honest opinion, does this woman also look not fashionable? :

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pumpki...-dKy4pJ-2yF4Ys

Old 09-18-2016, 01:10 PM

22,587 posts, read 47,660,494 times
Sooo... you seem to have striped knee high fetish. You keep arguing FOR them.

Fashionable non-celebrity women do not wear those in public.
Junior high girls do though... so if that is what you want to look like, have at it!
And thicken up that skin!

Old 09-18-2016, 01:11 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnseca View Post
You can't copy celebrities or tween girls. Real women don't do that. They would look ridiculous, just as we would if we actually wore the things you see in fashion magazines, including the clothing.

What concerns me most about your intent to dress as a woman, is that you seem to want to be not a real woman, but some fantasy version of a woman that doesn't exist. Look around any real place and see how many women are wearing bright red lipstick. I guarantee it will be almost none, unless you live in LA and hang out on the red carpet. See how many above the age of 20 can actually carry off a pair of red short shorts. Again, few to none. Likewise, you aren't going to see a lot of striped knee socks outside of elementary school. You can't claim to want to look like a woman if the idea of "woman" in your head doesn't match reality. I'd like to look like Taylor Swift, too, but that's probably at least as impossible for me as it is for you. Perhaps you have fallen for the fashion industry's version of women that has caused so many of us so much difficulty in life. At some point we accept that we can't, no matter how hard we try, look like that or wear those clothes and look good (or afford those clothes to begin with). You may need to come to the same acceptance that the rest of us have.
Some women in the world have never fallen into the *trendy what would fashion say about it* trap.
Thank goodness my Mother is one of those women and she passed that on to me, we wear what we want, when we want, it is clean, classic, comfortable and practical for us without concern what anyone else *thinks* we should be wearing.

OP: As harsh as it may sound, even after surgery, hormones, or whatever else you are going to do to yourself artificially, you are not a woman and are not naturally built as a woman.
The clothing choices you make will more than likely be more difficult for you to look as natural as possible.
Perhaps do some research in regards to others who have the same mindset as you and see what they are wearing and how they put together their outfits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty