Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2016, 07:41 PM

1,177 posts, read 1,132,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyDancer View Post
There's a popular notion floating around out there (I see it frequently on another forum where I post) that women don't really care much about men's looks, we are supposedly more concerned about their money and power. I think a lot of guys are buying into that convenient, if erroneous, notion.
Men, young and old (29 here woman), have this belief but not the money. Most younger women more than most of our male counterparts. We should impose their beliefs on poor men and see how they like being objectified. I'm no dog (or model), but I've noticed the men who complained about my looks or clothes look ten times worse than I do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2016, 08:21 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,629,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eevee17 View Post
Men, young and old (29 here woman), have this belief but not the money. Most younger women more than most of our male counterparts. We should impose their beliefs on poor men and see how they like being objectified. I'm no dog (or model), but I've noticed the men who complained about my looks or clothes look ten times worse than I do.
I do not mind being objectified by the lovely ladies.

Old 09-27-2016, 01:59 AM

578 posts, read 458,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Yes we can, but especially with men, IMO. With women this can be blurred, especially due to specific styles, hair and makeup, but just in general. But with men, some sort of filling out or maturing (I don't know how to describe it) happens in a man's 30s and he is just...very definitively in his 30s.

There is a VERY DISTINCT change, at least IME.

And yes, there will be exceptions, but aren't there always?

FTR, I think guys in their 30s are generally super-cute. They no longer look like little boys (which is the point I'm expressing above ^ ) but they are still very young and vigorous-looking. I wouldn't go for it personally, but for just eye candy, just eye pleasure...IMO that is the best age for guys. They have physically come into their own but they haven't really "aged" yet. Again this is a PURELY PHYSICAL assessment. More goes into actually being with a person than this, quite obviously.
This interesting comment everyone thinks im a teenager and im in my early 30's,and i feel like im 18 again,lol I think people assume a person in their 30's is some middle age looking person have you been to bars?clubs?Trying ask people's ages it would amaze you my cousin is a bouncer and it shocks him asking grown men and women in their 30's ids because he couldn't tell if they are 21 or not(I still get asked for my id,no seriously). And have you seen how rihanna looks like?she is 29(going on 30)whats the difference between her and a 21 year old?

Old 09-27-2016, 07:09 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Kat, I appreciate this thread. Good reading and good tips for us Older guys.

I maintain well, just need to drop those next 20 lbs. As a 63yo guy I had a date last evening with an attractive 49yo lady which is a little below my age bracket. She wants more so I must be doing OK.

Old 09-27-2016, 09:01 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronejacobs0 View Post
This interesting comment everyone thinks im a teenager and im in my early 30's,and i feel like im 18 again,lol I think people assume a person in their 30's is some middle age looking person have you been to bars?clubs?Trying ask people's ages it would amaze you my cousin is a bouncer and it shocks him asking grown men and women in their 30's ids because he couldn't tell if they are 21 or not(I still get asked for my id,no seriously). And have you seen how rihanna looks like?she is 29(going on 30)whats the difference between her and a 21 year old?
I have absolutely seen many many many people in their 20s and 30s (was that a serious question?), including my son, who just turned 30, and all his friends. No need to be defensive and BTW, I am 49 and still get carded in certain situations simply because it is the law, so don't use that as a barometer that you must look younger than your age, unless you really need to in order to bolster yourself somehow. In that case, okay, whatever gets you through the day.

Yes, I have seen Rhianna, a superstar who bears no appreciable likeness to a non-power superhuman megastar, and no, even she does not look 21, LOL.

With that said, there will always be exceptions somewhere. There are definitely guys who are kind of on the underdeveloped side and seem to still look like kids for a longer time. However, in general, yes, most guys in their 30s have a physical facial maturing and it is pronounced enough that you KNOW they are not just kids any more. It just happens. Aging happens.

Old 09-27-2016, 09:16 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Kat, I appreciate this thread. Good reading and good tips for us Older guys.

I maintain well, just need to drop those next 20 lbs. As a 63yo guy I had a date last evening with an attractive 49yo lady which is a little below my age bracket. She wants more so I must be doing OK.

See. here's an example of someone who apparently pays attention to detail!

Thanks, Rakin, somehow I knew you'd "get it" on this thread.

Old 09-27-2016, 09:37 AM

594 posts, read 379,963 times
I've noticed that older men, like 50-80 always look better clean shaven.

Old 09-27-2016, 10:25 AM

4,862 posts, read 7,963,487 times
Something over looked about most men is we/they don't care for the most part how we are looked upon at the upper ages. What you see is what you get. Next of course more money for men equal more options.

Old 09-27-2016, 10:49 AM

594 posts, read 379,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
Something over looked about most men is we/they don't care for the most part how we are looked upon at the upper ages. What you see is what you get. Next of course more money for men equal more options.
Pretty much agreed, for the most part. My dad is 83, mom is 71. She doesn't like it when he grows out his beard because she thinks it makes him look old. So my dad usually keeps it clean shaven. But when he's in his rebellious mode he grows out this big ole gray beard. I don't think it looks that bad, but my mom can't stand it. lol

Old 09-27-2016, 02:06 PM

16,600 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

Another thing I've noticed is that many older guys start wearing shirts that aren't tucked in. Not that it looks bad, but we all know why they're doing it.
I was actually reading a few posts to try and determine the purpose of your thread. Many signs of old age apply to both sexes, though women are much more conscious of their looks, and better at concealing signs of aging.

Then I came across this which seems very arbitrary.
Leaving your shirt untucked seems to be the fashion according to younger guys. To me it looked like being a slob, so I asked a couple of the younger guys on my team (early 20's) why it was the current fashion. They didn't seem to know, but made a strange comment. They said older guys tucked in their shirts to hide a big belly.
This struck me as odd, because if the shirt is tucked in tight, you definitely can see if a guy has a midriff tire.
Conversely, having ones short un-tucked seems to hide a bigger stomach, at least if the shirt is too large (which also seems to be the current fashion).

Frankly, I have started to not tuck in my shirt, unless I go out to dinner or a more formal event. Not to hide a belly, as I am very tall and not sporting a tire, but rather it is more comfortable. This also makes it easier to conceal a firearm with a more comfortable holster, rather than worrying about printing with a tucked in polo or button down.
Anyway, I wouldn't assume a person did it just to hide a belly, as that is certainly not why I do it now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty