Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2016, 03:17 PM

2,827 posts, read 4,343,549 times

Advertisements

Does anyone here do anything special for the care of their feet? Anything for achy or tingly feet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2016, 03:22 PM

22,596 posts, read 47,698,122 times
Foot file and regular pedicures.

IF my feet were tingly, I would be asking my doctor about it.

Old 10-03-2016, 05:21 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,886,067 times
I use a foot file and I use Gold Bond lotion on my feet every night.

I agree with Pitt Chick, tingly feet is something to mention to your doctor.

Old 10-03-2016, 06:13 PM

427 posts, read 440,922 times
Tingly feet could mean anything from pre-diabetes, circulatory problems, etc. to wearing shoes that don't fit correctly. First, change shoes to ones that support and cushion your feet; get the correct size, even if that means having them fitted. Still tingly? Ask your doctor to run blood work to rule out other causes. Be sure to list family history and other concerns. Good luck!

Old 10-03-2016, 08:13 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,179,420 times
I use orthotics in my shoes. Otherwise my feet would hurt horribly. I get semi regular pedicures, so that ingrown nails can be kept short. If I don't do this my toes hurt. I put Cetaphil on my legs and feet to keep them from getting dry and scaly.

I buy nail polish from the sale bin at Ulta, and take in one of the colors I've bought for my pedis.

I find that wearing shoes that have roomier to boxes helps the comfort of my feet.

Old 10-04-2016, 04:45 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,681,350 times
I have stress fractures in my left foot, due to an injury back in 2013. I have found that a foot soak, of hot water, Listerine(not the blue one), and peroxide, distilled vinegar...and soaking till the water cools, has helped my feet tremendously.
I have to agree with the others though, to consult your Dr first to inquire on the tingling issues.

Old 10-04-2016, 05:21 AM

2,827 posts, read 4,343,549 times
The tingly sensation was just temporary and is gone. It turned out to be due to some crappy footwear that I've gotten rid of. I was wearing it while walking on some rough terrain for a long time. I do agree with everyone that if you have tingling that persists, you should have it checked out with your doctor. I find that shoes that are a little wider, especially in the toe area, and have a lower profile in the heel, work best for me. I also like to walk barefooted around the house and think that strengthens the feet over time. I do like to soak my feet in warm water with Epsom salt ocassionally.

Old 10-04-2016, 09:54 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,116,607 times
I exfoliate my feet and moisturize daily.

Regular and routine pedicures for both me and my husband.

Old 10-04-2016, 10:31 PM

4 posts, read 3,391 times
I wear cut out heel pad for achy feet while if one has tingly feet then take some vitamin supplement and seek doctor.

Old 10-04-2016, 11:09 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,270,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezlie View Post
The tingly sensation was just temporary and is gone. It turned out to be due to some crappy footwear that I've gotten rid of. I was wearing it while walking on some rough terrain for a long time. I do agree with everyone that if you have tingling that persists, you should have it checked out with your doctor. I find that shoes that are a little wider, especially in the toe area, and have a lower profile in the heel, work best for me. I also like to walk barefooted around the house and think that strengthens the feet over time. I do like to soak my feet in warm water with Epsom salt ocassionally.
With diabetes, having someone do a pedicure on me terrifies me. So, daily, in the shower, I plug the tub so I soak my feet as I shower. I rub them gently with a pumice stone. Since I do this daily, it takes seconds. Nail brush my toes. Afterwards I lotion up my feet with Curel Foot Therapy. And check if my nails need cut or filed. Then socks and shoes.

I have a painful condition called heel fat pad atrophy. Walking on hard surfaces is very painful quickly. I wear Tules heel cups and very good shoes. I have wide feet with narrow heels, and high instep. My foot doctor said to stick with New Balance made on the SL - 2 last...and they fit like a dream.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty