Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 10:47 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,948,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabamarose View Post
I've been very lazy with my makeup lately and have only been wearing mascara and tinted Chapstick.

Some of the girls wearing lots of makeup may be protecting their skin.
There are benefits to wearing heavy foundation.
Air pollution is the worst thing for skin.
It causes you to age quicker.

Foundation works as a barrier and shields the skin from pollution.
So if you live in a city with lots of pollution from cars or factories emitting crap into the air, etc it's not a bad idea to put a lot of foundation on.
Air pollution can also cause blemishes.
Foundation works as a barrier to shield the skin from that problem too.
And of course you should always wear sunscreen but foundation also helps to protect from sun damage.

Sun damage and pollution age your skin the most in the long run.
These girls wearing too much makeup may stay young looking longer.

And now I'm going to run along and put some makeup on my face because it has been foolish of me not to wear any.
True. Pollutant particles are 50 times smaller than the pores of your skin, so it's difficult not to be exposed. Elizabeth Arden has just come up with City Smart - a protectant from environmental assault, with an SPF 50.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2016, 11:38 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveADrink View Post
I think it's all about doing it at the right time. Most of the makeup tutorials I watch on YouTube, I find that they can only be suitably worn when you're going to a party. If it's just a normal day, it's just ridiculous, especially if it's hot out -- chances are your makeup will look cakey and oily and just meh.

Again, it's all about timing and knowing what's right for your skin and looks good on you.
100% agreed. I see people wearing party makeup as everyday wear!

Old 11-27-2016, 12:48 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,507,858 times
I almost never see people with makeup on around my city. Pollution is relatively low (compared to other cities). I remember in junior high seeing girls put that "face" on-- where you could see exactly where the foundation ended and the skin began. Pretty comical!

Old 11-28-2016, 08:05 PM

342 posts, read 438,150 times
I noticed something going on with brows... Is it a new trend?.. They are wide, thick and very weird looking like "painted on"... Very unnatural looking and I think very unattractive

Old 12-03-2016, 12:48 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,063,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquamarin View Post
I noticed something going on with brows... Is it a new trend?.. They are wide, thick and very weird looking like "painted on"... Very unnatural looking and I think very unattractive
I know! Surely big, thick eyebrows on women looks... well... a bit manly?! Some women end up looking like Groucho Marx (but without the moustache, lol).

And what is it with drawing on eyebrows really close together, and not having much of a gap between them?!

Old 12-03-2016, 04:14 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,411,405 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71KjFoCpYkA

Old 12-03-2016, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
^ This is so true! I haven't been brave enough to try out contouring. I don't want to end up with brown stripes up and down my face! It must take ages to blend it all in too.

Old 12-03-2016, 05:09 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBcmS-ebnx8

Old 12-03-2016, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
^ OMG, he was just slagging off Wales, where I'm from, lol! But he's right about the "drag queen look".

Old 12-04-2016, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post

^ OMG, he was just slagging off Wales, where I'm from, lol! But he's right about the "drag queen look".
My maternal grandfather's family originally came from Wales before they landed in the state of Virginia sometimes in the 1600s. Last name was "Lewis".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty