Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2016, 08:40 AM

865 posts, read 1,489,885 times

Advertisements

I recently went shopping and tried on/bought a size 0! I have lost a lot of weight and down to 130s! However, I think this is vanity sizing and should be a size 6. Anyone else experiencing this?
Attached Thumbnails
Vanity Sizing...-resized.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2016, 09:48 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,893,310 times
Every store has wildly different sizng guidelines and fit models. One brands 0 could be a medium in another brand. Don't get hung up on the size and worry about fit. And if whatever store you are in doesn't have the right scale for you find another. Maybe Zara or J Crew is better for you.

Old 10-20-2016, 09:56 AM

865 posts, read 1,489,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Every store has wildly different sizng guidelines and fit models. One brands 0 could be a medium in another brand. Don't get hung up on the size and worry about fit. And if whatever store you are in doesn't have the right scale for you find another. Maybe Zara or J Crew is better for you.
Maybe...that was LOFT. I really just want to make sure I get the right fit. Some fit me...but then they don't fit well. I admittedly have smallish hips but ample booty, so they get on and appear to fit until I start really walking in them. Then I get inches of crack from jean slide down. I haven't shopped in J Crew for years, and never been in Zara.

Old 10-20-2016, 10:22 AM

1,347 posts, read 946,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
This. I have clothes in my closet that range from size S (small) to XL (x-large). I own jeans in 3 sizes (the smallest of which is actually three sizes below the largest... I had to try on four pairs before I found the right size).

I completely agree that the only thing that matters is fit. It's not like the size is displayed publicly for people to see. I've worked to develop the ability to examine an item of clothing and gauge whether it is going to fit or not (or be within one size), rather than just grabbing a pre-specified number/letter off the rack and taking it to the dressing room (though clearly it still needs some refinement based on that last jeans experience).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty