Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 06:04 AM

15,209 posts, read 10,241,777 times

Advertisements

Now that is a very good idea Jade especially if you walk a lot and don't want to wear a fanny pack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2016, 06:09 AM

18,504 posts, read 18,652,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Now that is a very good idea Jade especially if you walk a lot and don't want to wear a fanny pack.
oh my god must you say that word.... hahaha.. I think it looks daft to be honest, and dont people who walk a lot carry bottles of water.. where would it go.. I dread to think what someone has invented for that.

Old 10-16-2016, 07:38 AM

6,874 posts, read 7,852,754 times
omg, no. I don't wear a lot of scarves. I have a substantial bosom, so if I wear a scarf it ends up being too much in my face. The thought of putting keys or my phone in there to have that weight on my neck and chest does not appeal.

Re: Bra pockets...I never saw this when I lived in NY, but since I moved to NC I've seen it a lot! I work in a library. Very often people come in and have their library card or money tucked in to their bra. Most of the time it doesn't bother me, but if a person is very sweaty it is kinda gross. Lets be real, all money is filthy dirty regardless of where it's kept. Once a very obese woman came in and stood in front of me rummaging around in her top for quite some time "I know it's in there somewhere....." It was all I could do to not laugh.

I recently saw a sign in a store that said "We no longer accept boob or sock money" (not bra or foot money)

I do, on occasion, put my phone, chap stick, atm card/id in my bra when I don't want to carry a purse and I don't have a pocket. But only if my clothing hides it well.

Old 10-16-2016, 07:58 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,915,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Lol! This cracked me up. But I will show you a cool cuff I got that covers a similar use case.

5. Piranha Cuff's - Platinum Dirt
That looks like a contemporary fanny pack As for infinity scarves, they don't have pockets, so I would never wear one for that purpose. Actually I would never wear one anyway. I'm too short for them to look good on me and I'm warm natured too.

Old 10-16-2016, 10:16 AM

3,943 posts, read 5,056,550 times
To infinity, and BEYOND!

Old 10-16-2016, 10:23 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,788,401 times
I am surprised so many of you busty ladies don't like scarves! I use mine to add some length. Not too creative about tying them but I don't have a problem with them crowding my face. I stick to thin ones. I also wear them draped around my shoulders.

I haven't been sold on the infinity scarf because I don't find enough wearing options. I definitely don't do the bra thing since I think it is awkward to look for stuff. I only use my bra for my phone in the cases there was a a really long bathroom line and I was doing something, but I wasn't done so I don't want to put the phone back in my bag!

I can't think of a time where I didn't feel like using a purse. I have small crossbodies and wrist strap clutches for the days i don't want to be burdened with a big bag. And my leather cuff. But that needs to be paired with pockets for keys, lip balm and phone.

Old 10-16-2016, 01:34 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,506,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Lol! This cracked me up. But I will show you a cool cuff I got that covers a similar use case.

5. Piranha Cuff's - Platinum Dirt
I had one of those in the 90's, it was a great idea! I used it to carry a car key/house key & little cash, when I went out for a walk or run or to an aerobics class.

Old 10-16-2016, 02:02 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,769,580 times
Love the scarf/t-shirt combo from kohls.A bit pricey but great product.

Old 10-16-2016, 05:16 PM

37,496 posts, read 45,805,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
I'm not much of an accessorizer, especially scarves because they just seem so overwhelming on my frame, and I'm always thinking I'm wearing it wrong. But, i just had an epiphany while getting ready for a night out with Mr.Mathlete: an infinity scarf makes an awesome place to hide your phone, keys, and lip balm, thus eliminating the need to carry a purse! So, did everyone but me already know this, lol?
No, I hate them. And there is no way I would keep anything "hiding in it" that was important.

Old 10-18-2016, 10:22 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,927,258 times
LOL!

I loooooove these. I have a bunch of these in my closet, just waiting for January when the temperature plummets below 70. (Sometimes.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty