Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2016, 09:22 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
My gosh, BOTH of your Achilles! (The curiosity's killing me, how did you injure both if I may ask? You can PM me if you don't mind answering.)

Ecco - No exp w/ Ecco here, but they just opened an Ecco store in my area that I've been wanting to check out.

Dansko - I have 1 pair of their clogs I got about several yrs ago, but I don't wear them much...they're heavy & inflexible. Are their other styles more flexible & lightweight because if so, I'd try another pair?

Teva - I have a couple pairs of their sandals & they're great!

Merrill - I kinda like, but you're right, I think there's something about them that aren't quite right at times.

I have almost $300 in store credit at this shoe store carrying a lot of these European comfort brands. I need to use it.
I like the Ecco shoes I have purchased. So thumbs up on those. Also Aertex is worth checking out. And Geox.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2016, 07:24 PM

12,773 posts, read 14,983,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
LOL yes, BOTH my Achilles tendons. Actually what happened is that I had one of those supposedly "rare" side effects from taking a very common antibiotic - Cipro - and it caused both my Achilles tendons to disintegrate. Yeah. No fun. I couldn't believe it. But hey, I have matching scars that are pretty cool on the back of both my ankles.

I think you will like Ecco.

Dansko - yes, some of their shoes are not as heavy as the clogs. I have a pair of black ones that are sort of a cross between loafers and athletic shoes - they sound awful but they're actually really cute. They are cloth with rubber soles and they're not as heavy.

Teva - I need to try those out for sandals!

Merrill - very disappointed in the Merrills I bought - and they had such good reviews that I bought two pairs, thinking maybe it was just me - but no, they're not as comfortable as Born so I quit buying them.
I see, thanks for telling me. I had heard/read about Achilles issues coming from antibiotics. I used to take some, but not on any regular basis, but maybe throughout the yrs of taking them here & there, it weakened mine too. I wouldn't doubt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I like the Ecco shoes I have purchased. So thumbs up on those. Also Aertex is worth checking out. And Geox.
Fabulous, thanks! How have I never heard of these brands?!

BTW, Clarks to me are also pretty good!

Hush Puppies, eh. I remember I went on a little trip & brought my Hush Puppies tie-up shoes, thinking I'd be set & all comfy & while out for the day sightseeing, my feet hurt so incredibly bad (I think ever in my life), I wanted to throw those things in the trash & I have spent like $70-80 ont hem (too long ago to return them). The cushioning isn't there that much.

Bernie Mev - pretty good re: comfort, but I have to be careful w/ I guess only certain styles re: slipping around too much. I had to get rid of some pretty new ones of these because didn't want to re-injure the ankle.

Asics - I LOVE thes sneakers, esp. the gel-cumulus, gel-nimbus, & gel-quantum.

Saucony - Other sneakers I want to try. They seem good.

Last edited by Forever Blue; 11-13-2016 at 07:51 PM..

Old 11-13-2016, 10:54 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Did we yet mention the old strand are: naturalizer? I find these to maybe be a bit classier than aerosoles. Less comfort show looking p, but not all styles are created equal.

Oh and there is Gentle Souls, owned by Kennneth Cole.

And both Kenneth Cole and Cole Haan have versions of their standards in extra padded with tennis shoe technology inside.

Oh and my friend swears by these. I haven't tried them yet:
https://www.chelseajones.com/

Old 11-14-2016, 09:20 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
I've tried a couple different styles. I did not find them to be comfortable. Shame...they were cute.

Old 11-14-2016, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Did we yet mention the old strand are: naturalizer? I find these to maybe be a bit classier than aerosoles. Less comfort show looking p, but not all styles are created equal.

Oh and there is Gentle Souls, owned by Kennneth Cole.

And both Kenneth Cole and Cole Haan have versions of their standards in extra padded with tennis shoe technology inside.

Oh and my friend swears by these. I haven't tried them yet:
https://www.chelseajones.com/
Naturalizer and Aerosoles are my absolute favorites for comfort. Clarks are good too, but mostly their boots are all I care for.

Old 11-14-2016, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Try Corso Como! And Sofft. These are "stylish" comfort brands! My corso Como slingbacks are uber comfy. They tend to have leather soles, so keep that in mind. Nice padding. Ecco can be great too, but stylishness varies.

Lucky Brand boots have been surpsingly comfy with the rubberized sole. As for hard soled boots? Rag and Bone is super comfy.
Oh man, I second and third the Lucky Brand boots (and shoes too, for that matter). I must have 4 pair of the Basel boots, and another couple pair of shoes. LOVE them. I can wear them all day long...very comfortable.

Old 11-15-2016, 03:30 PM

7,991 posts, read 5,387,812 times
I have a pair of his ankle boots. Love them.

Old 11-16-2016, 10:18 PM

12,773 posts, read 14,983,025 times
jade408, thanks for the Chelsea Jones link too, never heard of them either.

For the first time, I recently bought some Gentle Souls brand ankle boots. In fact, I wore them for the 1st time today & like them, but they're a tad narrow, but OK enough to keep.

Ecco, I have heard of...it was Aertex & Geox I hadn't heard of.

Naturalizer isn't as trendy to my liking, but I recently bought some metallic ankle boots of theirs. The heel's a little bit higher than what I like, so I don't know. Plus, I couldn't tell if they were a silver metallic or gold metallic & I like silver, which these aren't. I'll probably return them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty