Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 01:43 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,968,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I'm 49 and have had nothing done despite lots of crows feet. I have a buddy that got botox and you can instantly tell she had the work done, because it makes her face look unnatural. She had an injection between her eyebrows and at the outside corners of her eyes, and the skin doesn't move at all when she smiles.
It always depends on where you get it. I have it only done on my forehead and not even my mother notices something is up. She thinks I am more happy because I don't have a bitchy resting face anymore, hahaa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2016, 01:54 PM

16,711 posts, read 19,410,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
It always depends on where you get it. I have it only done on my forehead and not even my mother notices something is up. She thinks I am more happy because I don't have a bitchy resting face anymore, hahaa.
Bahahahaha!

Old 10-27-2016, 02:04 PM

6,750 posts, read 3,365,850 times
If it was permanent I could see doing something like this. Since it's not, who wants to have these injections every few months for the rest of your life? And if you stop, what happens to your face then?

I'm not saying it's bad, but there are things I would be concerned about before doing it.

Old 10-27-2016, 02:16 PM

18,526 posts, read 18,744,531 times
I met an old friend that I hadnt seen in about eight years and right off I noticed her brow... she had always had the tram lines quite bad and hey presto.. shes almost ten years older and no lines. but a shiny forehead I could almost see my face in.. As I said if it makes you feel good then do it... but not for me.. I wouldnt put the stuff into my body.. and wouldnt be able to afford the upkeep.... actually I hate needles..

Old 10-27-2016, 03:31 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,968,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
If it was permanent I could see doing something like this. Since it's not, who wants to have these injections every few months for the rest of your life? And if you stop, what happens to your face then?

I'm not saying it's bad, but there are things I would be concerned about before doing it.
It goes back to being wrinkly.

The risks are headache, allergy, flu like symptoms. You can stop any time. You do not NEED to keep doing it.

Old 10-27-2016, 04:20 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
To me a shame, I actually love crow's feet/smile crinkles on men and even women. I am 67 and I have them - I don't mind at all.

I would personally never inject a poison into my face, but as others have said, to each their own if it makes you happy. Just remember, there ARE people who like character lines!

Old 10-27-2016, 05:02 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,313,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I spoke to a dermatologist and he said I would be surprised how many women in their late 20s already get botox. Insane!

OP lives in Miami - the city of the young and beautiful. Maybe he feels the need to fit in.
Also the city of beautiful sunny skies and UV rays, which account for about 80% of wrinkled skin.

My only wish for the OP is to be happy with the results and confident in his decision AND to take preventative measures against the sun's rays in the future.

Miami

•There is an average of 2943 hours of sunlight per year (of a possible 4383) with an average of 8:03 of sunlight per day.

•It is sunny 67.1% of daylight hours. The remaining 32.9% of daylight hours are likely cloudy or with shade, haze or low sun intensity.

Sunshine & Daylight Hours in Miami, Florida, Usa Sunlight, Cloud & Day length

Old 10-27-2016, 07:05 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,975,037 times
I hope it makes you happy. Hope you can afford the upkeep for the rest of your life.

I personally think it is a shame. There is nothing more magical to me than a man's face with smile lines on it, especially where you just got rid of yours .. at the corner of the eyes. They just seem to make those eyes twinkle - very sexy!

Old 10-27-2016, 07:12 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,690,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
How much was it?
I paid $225 for the treatment

Old 10-27-2016, 07:17 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,690,496 times
Honestly, a week out, I have noticed a slight reduction in the deepness of the wrinkles around my eyes, but they are not gone. No one has said a thing to me about my appearance (exactly what I wanted), however I have noticed a slight improvement, it's very subtle and I am so far pleased with the result.

I've been thinking about this for almost 2years, so I wanted to see for myself, how it would turn out? Will I go back? I don't know. I don't know if the results are worth it at this point. Am I happy with the results? Yes. They're so subtle, I'd say it's probably about a 33% improvement in my crows feet. I like that they're not gone, they're just not on and popping like they were. But again, only I notice these results, no colleagues or friends or family have noticed a thing. ...

So will I keep it up? Meh.... idk yet.
The main reason I was so gung ho on trying it too is because I knew the results were not permanant. So if I hated the results my old face woul return in a matter of months.

I'm glad i tried it and I am happy with it. Jury is still out on whether this will be something I will consistently do. Honestly, I'm leaning more toward no..... maybe for like special occasions or something every couple of years, but not like a once every 3 to 4 months thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty