Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2019, 11:24 PM

346 posts, read 237,657 times

Advertisements

I am 33, close to 34 and perhaps it may be more region specific, but I have noticed women my age not going out wearing makeup or jewelry or the like as much,
yery sad, but is this normal?

Old 11-18-2019, 11:58 PM

8,168 posts, read 6,920,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azureth View Post
I am 33, close to 34 and perhaps it may be more region specific, but I have noticed women my age not going out wearing makeup or jewelry or the like as much,

A lot of women young and old, simply do not normally wear make-up and/or jewelry.

A lot of women young and old, who DO wear make-up or jewelry, don't wear either when they are out and about and doing errands, etc.

I'm not really sure why you think this is "very sad"??

Old 11-19-2019, 07:54 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,123,748 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/fashi...still-put.html

Old 11-19-2019, 08:23 AM

16,417 posts, read 12,495,187 times
I'll just C&P my response in the other thread (with a couple minor edits):

Thinking more about this, I actually put more effort into my appearance now at 45 than I did before I was 40.

We lost my father almost 3 years ago, and I spent some time looking for pictures of the two of us. The only recent picture I could find was at a time when I wasn't doing any makeup or spending any time on my hair. I HATE the way I look in that picture, and my appearance all but ruined what is otherwise a very special picture to me. That's when I decided I need to make more of an effort (as well as take more pictures with the people I love, but that's a different topic).

In the time since, I've put much more effort into skincare (with great results), discovered a love of eyeshadow, and have been enjoying the artistry of makeup. Now I'm a bit addicted. LOL

Old 11-19-2019, 08:23 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,573,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azureth View Post

I don’t know why it’s sad for you......do what makes you feel comfortable.......

I’m 31 & I like taking care of myself. I have a beauty & lifestyle vlog I’ve had for several yrs........& I like looking my best but at work I wear a minimal amount of makeup.......& very little jewelry.....

You can still look & feel your best being casual IMO......if you take care of your skin, teeth, nails & hair & you know how to apply makeup for different occasions.....

Old 11-19-2019, 09:57 AM

44,348 posts, read 20,051,946 times
Duplicate topic; has been discussed at length previously. Thread closed.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty