Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 04:33 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,590,136 times

Advertisements

I'm happy with what nature gave me and never wanted to bigger breasts myself. I can go bra-less and at 54 not much sagging! There is is some perks with being smaller..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2016, 04:18 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,201,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
omg ... Please don't tell me having large breast is not in style any more ... That was just about all i naturally had going for me lol !!!!

lol

Old 11-13-2016, 04:19 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,201,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
I'm happy with what nature gave me and never wanted to bigger breasts myself. I can go bra-less and at 54 not much sagging! There is is some perks with being smaller..
True. I'm not tiny and not big either. 36D

Old 11-13-2016, 08:40 PM

1,330 posts, read 1,539,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
OMG ... please don't tell me having large breast is not in style any more ... that was just about all I naturally had going for me lol !!!!
Hey! I went through the 80's and 90's with a small chest and big ol booty, wearing shirts tied around my waist to hide it and being envious of the big boob gals

My turn now!!! hahaha

Old 11-13-2016, 09:04 PM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I think it as simple as butts are in and boobs are out at this particular juncture in society. And yes, we are generally bustier than in the past (I think it is due to hormones in our food and other things like BPA that are impacting both bust size and early puberty).
IDK, you guys. The millennial women in my extended family are not busty. Nowhere close. Very small. Maybe it seems like young women are bustier because a higher percentage are overweight than in past generations?

And I think boobs are still very in. Men are still noticing boobs. They will always notice boobs. It's not like they suddenly decided they're not interested in boobs, and are unfazed by them now. Men are still into boobs. It's hard-wired into them.

Old 11-13-2016, 09:23 PM

247 posts, read 198,081 times
I don't see breast implants falling out of fashion ever tbh. Trends in size will come and go but I believe augmentation will always be popular.

Old 11-13-2016, 09:49 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,879,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
IDK, you guys. The millennial women in my extended family are not busty. Nowhere close. Very small. Maybe it seems like young women are bustier because a higher percentage are overweight than in past generations?

And I think boobs are still very in. Men are still noticing boobs. They will always notice boobs. It's not like they suddenly decided they're not interested in boobs, and are unfazed by them now. Men are still into boobs. It's hard-wired into them.
Part 1, incorrect - I've read research (not recently) that breast size increased independent of weight. [I'm going to be annoyingly challenged on this?]

Part 2, correct - trends come and go, and generally those that go more easily are incompatible with how most people judge physical attractiveness. And I find it interesting that we seem to be in a time where trends in some basic areas are unclear.

Old 11-13-2016, 09:58 PM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Part 1, incorrect - I've read research (not recently) that breast size increased independent of weight. [I'm going to be annoyingly challenged on this?]
I'm not seeing that in my millennial relatives and friends, nor in the college students in the college town I hang out in some of the time.

OK, I did a little research. The average boob size has suddenly skyrocketed in just 20 years because of an increase in obesity, surgical enhancement and sizing inflation, the opposite of dress size deflation/"vanity sizing". Seems that "vanity sizing" when applied to bras means labeling smaller bras larger. So for women non-enhanced, and slim, average boob size hasn't changed. There are just as many small-boobed women as there ever were. Here's something from medicaldaily.com:

34DD is the average American bra size. A 2013 survey from lingerie retailer Intimacy revealed the average bra size in America is 34DD — a leap from the average 34B it was 20 years earlier. There are several reasons as to why, including inflated cup sizes, plastic surgery, and the rising obesity rate.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 11-13-2016 at 10:28 PM..

Old 11-13-2016, 11:51 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,879,210 times
You cannot make the conclusion you just did. Only researchers using weight categories could do that.

And the increase has been going on for many decades, while obesity is a more recent issue.
http://www.isita-org.com/jass/Conten...n/26656956.pdf

Anyway, let's get away from the unfortunately taboo weight sidebar. And a reason for bigger breasts could also be hormones (puberty starts earlier, for example). All that seems inconclusive now, as does whether naturally larger breasts reduced demand for implants.

Old 11-14-2016, 05:43 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,750,199 times
I know many men would prefer smaller natural breasts to larger fake ones so maybe we're just being more vocal about this preference and women are starting to hear us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty