Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 04:56 PM

466 posts, read 314,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksvillemom View Post
Don't wax! I can't stand the trend where men are hairless. Not natural and the upkeep is crazy. A nice shave is all you need.
Ok I won't, I like my body hair because it's soft and neat, not course if you know what I mean. Thanks for your input and can you check some of the pics I uploaded, lmk if I'm well shaved... that's how I am for the most part.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Humbleness, or so I've been told is desirable over the opposite.
Yes, I AGREE!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
Eyes .. eyes that sparkle with life, preferably with laugh lines at the corners. A great smile. And an interesting, outgoing personality with lots of life stories to tell.
How are my eyes? I am very good at story telling!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
Definitely someone who is attentive to me and really seems to care about what I have to say. Calls at least once a day to ask me how my day went, etc. Someone who is faithful and trusts me as well. Someone who is confident! I can't stand laziness! And a cute smile helps too!
That's so me and I would call you 3-4 times a day to see how you feel and to have some convo with you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
Nerds with big brains!
I'm partially a nerd with a well sized brain
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
That's exactly what happened to me. I got crushed. But I'm working on ways to recover from that.
Damn, wish we never had to go through heart break. The pain is like none other.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StPaulGal View Post
My personally?

Well first of all, there is nothing in the world that could make someone "irresistible" to me. Just because I am physically attracted to someone does not mean that he or she is smart and kind and loving and compatible with me in any way.

But physically the first thing that immediately attracts me to a guy is height. The shorter he is the more interested I am going to be at first glance. Nice hair is next. With women I don't have any particular height preferences. Nice hair moves to position #1 when gauging instant attraction to women.
Nice description, sounds very similar to my ideal type but I like boobs a lot lol slim or fit with a personality who is faithful. I try to be all I can for the woman and let her know I'm for real and will always be by her side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
If you frequently wear wifebeaters showing a lot of body hair and gym shorts, that's why you are being stared it. It comes off as redneck-ignorant. Couple that with the beer cooler...

I am picturing Todd the stripper from Boogie Nights.

And this comes from a chick who can drink beer with the best. But my men wear clothes and the only hair with any excess is on their head.
lol damn that's my style
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2016, 05:01 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,469,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
And this comes from a chick who can drink beer with the best. But my men wear clothes and the only hair with any excess is on their head.
Is that hair showing or hair de facto? I guess baldies are out!

Old 11-14-2016, 05:05 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,344,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarfoxGod View Post
Ok I won't, I like my body hair because it's soft and neat, not course if you know what I mean. Thanks for your input and can you check some of the pics I uploaded, lmk if I'm well shaved... that's how I am for the most part.

Yes, I AGREE!!!!

How are my eyes? I am very good at story telling!

That's so me and I would call you 3-4 times a day to see how you feel and to have some convo with you.

I'm partially a nerd with a well sized brain

Damn, wish we never had to go through heart break. The pain is like none other.

Nice description, sounds very similar to my ideal type but I like boobs a lot lol slim or fit with a personality who is faithful. I try to be all I can for the woman and let her know I'm for real and will always be by her side.

lol damn that's my style
I tell you, I'd take physical torture over it. Then there is the what ifs, then not to mention the thoughts that interrupt your day. The knowledge that it is over coupled with the hope that maybe this isn't what it seems and it can continue like it once was. Then there is the what next aspect.

Old 11-14-2016, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
I tell you, I'd take physical torture over it. Then there is the what ifs, then not to mention the thoughts that interrupt your day. The knowledge that it is over coupled with the hope that maybe this isn't what it seems and it can continue like it once was. Then there is the what next aspect.
That is what I'm going through, it's like several possibilities are plauging my soul. Wondering if things can be right again or if I will meet someone who will love me in the way I thought I was loved. My heart continues to think for me and I'm tired of hurting.

Old 11-14-2016, 06:16 PM

497 posts, read 484,381 times
Irresistible? Has self respect, isn't afraid to be feminine, and isn't fiercely independent. I have a much wider range of women I find attractive at this point in my life, but irresistible is such a complex mix of things. It's probably impossible to describe accurately because when all the right things are there it's an overwhelming feeling on many levels.

As far as what attracts women to men (in my case) confidence has always been #1. Women like men who are confident and sure of themselves (without being cocky). I'm not much more than average in the looks department, but I have never had an issue attracting women.

Old 11-14-2016, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullArmor View Post
Irresistible? Has self respect, isn't afraid to be feminine, and isn't fiercely independent. I have a much wider range of women I find attractive at this point in my life, but irresistible is such a complex mix of things. It's probably impossible to describe accurately because when all the right things are there it's an overwhelming feeling on many levels.

As far as what attracts women to men (in my case) confidence has always been #1. Women like men who are confident and sure of themselves (without being cocky). I'm not much more than average in the looks department, but I have never had an issue attracting women.
I like that, makes perfect sense! with me, I could find someone irrestible when they are showing me so much love and affection and have physical and emotional traits that are beautiful.

Old 11-14-2016, 08:40 PM

35,060 posts, read 31,278,237 times
Legs - smooth toned legs.

Old 11-14-2016, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
Legs - smooth toned legs.
Nice, that's my style too.

Old 11-15-2016, 07:11 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,306,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarfoxGod View Post
I had a talk with my father and we are not the best canidates to talk about what a woman is drawn to. This is primarily directed to the women but men are free to talk about what get's them highly interested in a woman. My secondary question is about myself/ anyone you may know... Do you feel a man who dresses up in gym(or generic) clothing often is a turn off? I have had many women stare me down but sometimes I am unsure it's because they find me attractive or because they are curious about something else(which may have to do with being unattractive)

Here are some pics:
Md cut: Photos deleted.

Any and all feedback is welcomed and if it's criticism please make it constructive so I could actually work on myself in different ways.

I'm not familiar with any of your other posts but I can tell you one thing: I am drawn to a man who has self confidence without being arrogant, who has a sense of humor, who is a normal weight for his height and who dresses well, has a nice smile and decent teeth. :-) He can have all of his hair or be bald, it doesn't matter to me and probably won't matter to most women unless she is very superficial. He doesn't have to be a "10" as long as he has a great personality.

I don't care if a man wears jeans and a shirt every day as long as it's clean, not wrinkled and he has a nice pair of shoes. If you wear gym clothes every day I would think: you have no fashion sense, you are lazy, you work in a gym.

The way to a woman's heart (IMO) is to show her you are interested in her, not her body, not her money, career, car or whatever. Show an interest in things she is interested in. Have a listening heart; when she has a problem, listen don't try to fix her problem. Most women hate that, they just want some to hear them out with offering any suggestions. Be romantic for no reason sometimes.

If you are looking for a LTR and want a woman of substance hang out where these type of women go. Avoid women who can't control their booze or who are vulgar and classless.

Good Luck!

Old 11-15-2016, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I'm not familiar with any of your other posts but I can tell you one thing: I am drawn to a man who has self confidence without being arrogant, who has a sense of humor, who is a normal weight for his height and who dresses well, has a nice smile and decent teeth. :-) He can have all of his hair or be bald, it doesn't matter to me and probably won't matter to most women unless she is very superficial. He doesn't have to be a "10" as long as he has a great personality.

I don't care if a man wears jeans and a shirt every day as long as it's clean, not wrinkled and he has a nice pair of shoes. If you wear gym clothes every day I would think: you have no fashion sense, you are lazy, you work in a gym.

The way to a woman's heart (IMO) is to show her you are interested in her, not her body, not her money, career, car or whatever. Show an interest in things she is interested in. Have a listening heart; when she has a problem, listen don't try to fix her problem. Most women hate that, they just want some to hear them out with offering any suggestions. Be romantic for no reason sometimes.

If you are looking for a LTR and want a woman of substance hang out where these type of women go. Avoid women who can't control their booze or who are vulgar and classless.

Good Luck!
Thank you for your advice now I just wanted to ask you 1 thing... Where would you suggest a good place to pick up a quality girl?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty